Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream For August 18, 2020 - Venom, Silver Centurion Iron Man, New Sentinel Tier

tarot

I have to say that while I'm not a Venom fan, I appreciate the tooling and paint that went into this wave. It doesn't feel like the Gamerverse Wave, in which you could feel the BAF sucking up the budget of the single-carded figures.

That Carnage looks fantastic. Kudos to Hasbro for not settling for their initial version of the character even if that one was acceptable. I can see that movie Venom being retooled down the line for a new comic Venom to go with the new Carnage.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Holy Crap the detail on this version of carnage.

4pitgpez7oh51.jpg

So it’s a completely new mold then? That’s very unexpected, but it looks amazing. I’d say almost Mafex quality.

46 minutes ago, tarot said:

Also is it just me or is venompool a whole new sculpt. Wonder what else they could use it for.

At first I thought it used parts from Strong Guy, but yeah, it looks completely new. It’s a very specific sculpt too, so idk what else they’d use it for. I guarantee we’ll see him as a deluxe at some point though.

This is literally what I always wanted from Hasbro, it looks so solid and sophisticated, hopefully its the same when we see in hand pics. I was never happy with their previous Carnage but this is like whole new level, this is the figure we truly deserve, and now I can finally retire my old ToyBIZ one that although really wonky still had more sculpting than previous Hasbro Carnage. Fingers crossed Hasbro will have Carnage 2 per case.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
7 hours ago, Satam said:

I think that might have been me.  I don't feel like I won much, since I did it sarcastically, but I do like that Carnage.

Edit: Looks like @EUPHORICVIKING called it, too, and didn't seem to happy about the idea, either.

I mean there are two good figures in the whole wave, Carnage and Phage. Everything else meh. I’m just gonna wait for the single deluxe card release of venompool...

Oh my goodness! Was not expecting this! I figured they’d hold off on Venom till they could release the movie but this is awesome!!!!! So glad for phage one figure closer to completing our symbionts teams just need Agony, Riot and a Hybrid Hasbro!!!!!! Plus that Carnage!!!!!!! That’s all I’ve ever really wanted from ML a carnage just like that!!!! And that movie Venom?!???? We’re finally getting one? That’s amazing!!!!

I think the wave ranking at the moment looks like this from reading comments:

1. Phage - everybody seems to want him to complete their LFS team
  2. Morbius - 90 nostalgia, plus with the Blade movie coming Hasbro might finally make a Midnight Sons team
  3. Carnage - Whole new sculpt
  4. Movie Venom - because of Tom Hardy performance
  5. Venompool - people did ask for this
  6. Gwenom - again people asked for this design
  7. Miles - for me and many it's just not something we want or need.

I think many find it to be a bad wave but for me it's not. It's just alright.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

The new sculpt and butterflies for Carnage make it a pick up, Phage is a pick up, now i just need riot. 

I like Venompool but i'm tired of buying duds to get the BAF. Gonna take the L on this one and wait for a single release. 

11 hours ago, tarot said:

I doubt that is true. these are created month to a year in advance.

You may well be correct, the theory is that the body is movie Carnage but they swapped or repainted the movie head at the last minute.  People point to this Carnage having clawed feet whereas apparently the comic version does not.  Someone also mentioned the barbs on the tendrils don't seem to come from the comic.  I am not familiar enough with Carnage to verify if those details are accurate.

Also some theories that a movie Morbius was pulled from the wave - when was the last time we had a BAF that required only 5 figures to build - generally its 7 with one lacking a BAF part or 6 that all have BAF pieces.   Not that many people will complain about that, of course!  But OTOH i find it hard to believe there would be 2 Morbius in a single wave, so maybe something else was planned initially for the 7th figure.

Not that it matters much, just idle speculation and wondering if there will be more movie figures coming later.

@bashpics99 this carnage design is from the Absolute Carnage arc which does have clawed feet and all those tendrils.

f99a1a7c-17ed-4ce3-afcf-854e82cd3876.jpgs-l300.jpg

Also the theory that they swap out a Leto Morbius might not hold up as Hasbro are still waiting to see how the movie does. They  did that for Venom, so I think they would do it for Morbius as well. Plus if they really wanted to make movie figures then Riot would have been included in this wave, although I suspect they want to make his comic book counterpart.

12 minutes ago, mako said:

Don't have any great need for new versions of Carnage or Venny, but I may get Phage just to have another Symbiote. Probably get Morbius, as he's different enough from classic Morbius that he could easily be another generic vampire.

Agree on Morbius as a generic vampire for Blade or Moon knight to run a silver dagger thru. If I ever see him on deep discount , I'll snag him. Rest of the wave is bout as interesting to me as watching paint dry.