Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream For August 18, 2020 - Venom, Silver Centurion Iron Man, New Sentinel Tier

tarot

12 hours ago, JayC said:

09.thumb.jpg.11a03972d95c91a854ec99fe2c709255.jpg08.thumb.jpg.d711820d6a6dbbd7bbe18223c855f621.jpg

I just realized I really hope I can take those back pieces off this guy, I don't like them

I mean usually these figures are pretty deconstructible, but if not I'm certainly going to remove them

also just gotta say hey Hasbro..how about hinging some of these guys jaws next go around, you hinged Beta Ray's jaw, these symbiotes could really benefit from that , would really give more versatility to the head sculpts, not sure why they don't.. I get it when a character has a huge tongue hanging out but when they don't it seems kinda lazy

Also man after seeing these pics of Movie Venom being posed... I really love that figure now, more then I did intially, it's a beaut

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I just realized I really hope I can take those back pieces off this guy, I don't like them

I mean usually these figures are pretty deconstructible, but if not I'm certainly going to remove them

Phage looks to be on the Bucky Cap mold, so that back piece will almost certainly be pegged in. I don’t really mind them, I think they help set him apart from looking too generic.

13 hours ago, Virtualzach said:

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but why would anyone order these from BBTS when you can get them several other places for less?  Is there any advantages to ordering from there as opposed to Dorkside, or Pulse, Amazon, etc.?

I ask myself this quite a bit. Dorkside is cheaper, but they have a tendency to ship out much later than others and I've had them lose or cancel several orders. One place that doesn't get much run around here is Megalopolis. It's usually a little cheaper than BBTS, they ship sooner than Dorkside (usually), they send several updates and pictures of your product during packaging, they have a lower free shipping threshold than most and you earn points that can be used on future purchases. I've not ordered a thing from BBTS since I started using them. One thing though, the pre-orders due seem to post a few days or weeks after other retailers. Not sure exactly why.

Burnt farmer Thanos is really meh to me, I guess there's some movie fans who would love it and good for them. But other than that I love Venom wave, Carnage is must get, even movie venom is very interesting to me (maybe they can reuse that body for more traditional comic  Venom? still better than horrible hyperion buck venoms), Deadpool venom looks no less than Hot toys version I wouldn't have much need for him but it looks incredibly good for ML BAF.

9 hours ago, Benn said:

Given what we know about this year's releases already, though, it's probably:

1. M.O.D.O.K. as BAF in the next Gamerverse wave
  2. U.S. Agent from Walgreens
  3. Firestar in one of those Spider-Man "TV" packs
  4. Stilt-Man as BAF in the customary New Year's Spider-Man wave
    9 hours ago, Benn said:

My hopes:

1. Lady Deathstrike
    2. Spiral
    3. Magneto (Age of Apocalypse)
    4. Destiny

Make it happen, Hasbro.

Time to decide if Venompool counts as an X-Men character and start plotting how to get him...

I want EVERYTHING on your "hopes" and "given what we know" lists!  These are EXCELLENT!

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
14 hours ago, monron999 said:

Damn, you took that way too serious. It's called tongue in cheek. But since you asked, where's your proof and why are you dragging @Satam into it at all. If it means that much to you though, YOU THA GUY!

I know i caught your joke, I was throwing a joke back your way... Anyways...

spacer.png

Ok, I got a serious issue with the neck/ head articulation that Hasbro seems to have done here. The  head & neck look permanently fused together! Wtf Hasbro!!?? You can see the neck peg clearly in this pic. This means that you cannot pop off the head separately from the neck nor can you have him look up/down.

I really hope this is some proto pic & that the actual figure will have separate head n neck articulation. Otherwise, this is inexcusable by Hasbro to do this to one of the most demanded Versions of Ironman. It makes the figure look like a cheap $5 happy meal imo. And what is their rational for not putting swivel articulation in the repulsor blast hands?? 

At 1st glance, I was over the moon with this fig but after careful analysis, it's kinda looking like a rush job, especially that head connected to the neck fiasco. They need to pack in less repulsor blast effects as we have plenty to share from the other 3 IM based figs. A proper head/ neck POA  & 80s Tony Stark head sculpt is what was needed here. Jay, you really need to ask Hasbro Wtf is up with that & to fix it STAT.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

Honestly, I don't know if this Hasbro version is good enough to warrant a purchase, my Toy-biz version still holds up when posed.  

There are lots of easy ways to hide that neck joint. That gap is unacceptable in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Honestly, I don't know if this Hasbro version is good enough to warrant a purchase, my Toy-biz version still holds up when posed.  

There are lots of easy ways to hide that neck joint. That gap is unacceptable in my opinion. 

It's not just the neck gap, it's the fact that from what I can see, it seems like the neck & head are 1 piece!! What is Hasbro thinking here by doing that! Head articulation is the #1 articulation of any action figure so it can function like a normal human head does, look left/right/up/ down. I can think of no other ML fig that Hasbro has done this to.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
13 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

It's not just the neck gap, it's the fact that from what I can see, it seems like the neck & head are 1 piece!! What is Hasbro thinking here by doing that! Head articulation is the #1 articulation of any action figure so it can function like a normal human head does, look left/right/up/ down. I can think of no other ML fig that Hasbro has done this to.

To me it looks like they forgot to put a floating cap that would have hidden this relatively easily. 

Hopefully it's a double ball peg and not just a single peg sticking into a socket.  Initially i was excited to see it, after deeper inspection i will be passing if this is the product they are going to be releasing. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
11 minutes ago, monron999 said:

In that case, my deepest apology. I in turn took it too seriously. Actually, I'm just glad someone wanted this thing as much as me.

We are all good. Tongue in cheek and sarcastic jokes don't always translate the best through text.. 

43 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

spacer.png

Ok, I got a serious issue with the neck/ head articulation that Hasbro seems to have done here. The  head & neck look permanently fused together! Wtf Hasbro!!?? You can see the neck peg clearly in this pic. This means that you cannot pop off the head separately from the neck nor can you have him look up/down.

I really hope this is some proto pic & that the actual figure will have separate head n neck articulation. Otherwise, this is inexcusable by Hasbro to do this to one of the most demanded Versions of Ironman. It makes the figure look like a cheap $5 happy meal imo. And what is their rational for not putting swivel articulation in the repulsor blast hands?? 

At 1st glance, I was over the moon with this fig but after careful analysis, it's kinda looking like a rush job, especially that head connected to the neck fiasco. They need to pack in less repulsor blast effects as we have plenty to share from the other 3 IM based figs. A proper head/ neck POA  & 80s Tony Stark head sculpt is what was needed here. Jay, you really need to ask Hasbro Wtf is up with that & to fix it STAT.

I dunno if it makes it look cheap. To me it makes it look like one of those overated, overpriced imports like SHF or MAFEX which tend to have those huge gaps for "superior articulation" I wonder if it was done to help with putting his head into a flight pose. Hopefully the head is still removable in a way that would allow us to use a Stark or Rhodes head sculpt with it as @JayC suggested in his update video.

9 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I dunno if it makes it look cheap. To me it makes it look like one of those overated, overpriced imports like SHF or MAFEX which tend to have those huge gaps for "superior articulation" I wonder if it was done to help with putting his head into a flight pose. Hopefully the head is still removable in a way that would allow us to use a Stark or Rhodes head sculpt with it as @JayC suggested in his update video.

The neck/head look like 1 solid piece to me, so don't see how it's removable. Like I said before, don't know what the hell Hasbro was thinking here.

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Livestream-Reveal-

This pic here clearly shows that there is no separate head sculpt. Head n neck are 1 piece. This is unacceptable & will seriously undermine me getting this figure at full market price if at all. And I don't say this lightly as I'm a huge Ironman fan & the SCIM armor is in my top 3 armors ever along with the classic 80th version we got last yr & the War Machine that I pre ordered last month. So it sucks big time that Hasbro #$## the bed with this figure when it comes to their decision to go this route with the head/neck articulation.

I really like how the articulation on the movie Venom looks. Feels like he will have all the necessary range! If I find it, I'll probably get that one. 

Carnage also looks really cool, but I'm gonna wait a bit longer... I'm still holding off comic figures.

The 80th Anniversary Ironman and the Deluxe War Machine are absolute perfection...this one not so much. I know this is a popular armor for fans, but look at that head sculpt in comparison to the other two I mentioned...night and day quality difference. Happy for those who like it, but I think it is a really disappointing offering.

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

spacer.png

Man, I hope you are wrong about that head & neck. But I do see your point, and yes, when you combine that with the paint job, it does make it look cheap and "toyish" if you will. REALLY wish they'd done the metallic red on this. Nevertheless I can still see myself picking it up, but if that head doesn't move...I may have to wait till they do it right.

What would possess them to do this...

Toy-Biz-Marvel-Legends-Series-7-Iron-Man-Silver-Cmenturion-5.jpg

Kind of reminds me of how they had all the biceps swapped on the 80th ironman.. how does one mess that up? I feel like someone was sleeping on the job when they pulled that one. I wonder how many people it goes through to be approved to miss that kind of thing. The neck thing definitely seems like an odd design choice. The only thing I can think of is their new shoulder pad tech but that wouldnt necessarily give them a reason not to have a neck joint unless the neck joint was too small that they had problems moving each individually so they went with a full neck/head piece together.