Jump to content

Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream For August 18, 2020 - Venom, Silver Centurion Iron Man, New Sentinel Tier


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, JayC said:

Teasers: <b>Tease 1</b> - Character in Toy Biz line but never Hasbro. <b>Tease # 2</b> - A character done early in the Hasbro line and possibly TB to will be getting an update. Will be out this year. <b>Third Tease</b> - Hasbro did the 3.75" figure but never 6".  <b>Tease 4</b> - A character that has never had an action figure. All will be out in 2020.

Im thinking there will be a X-Men Vintage wave by the end of the year and most of these hints will be part of the wave
1) Toad
2) Banshee
3) Spy Wolverine
4)? (this one might be a standalone figure not in this wave)
the rest will be repaints porbably including the jim lee rogue (with the glove holding hand they showed last stream), hopefuly mystique.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This wave will be a pretty easy pass for me.

My hopes: Lady Deathstrike Spiral Magneto (Age of Apocalypse) Destiny Make it happen, Hasbro. Time to decide if Venompool counts as an X-Men character and star

Walgreens Silver Centurion Iron Man announced. Has good should articulation. Not going up for pre-order today. They will announce that date later. Also will be at EBGames in Canada.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Walgreens Silver Centurion Iron Man announced. Has good should articulation.

Not going up for pre-order today. They will announce that date later. Also will be at EBGames in Canada.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

FINALLY.....

Wait....did they seriously not go with the metallic red for the armor.....

Well, they got the helmet right and that's a plus. Its distinctly shaped differently from his others so I'm glad they didn't mess that up. And the boots also are comic accurate!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll play along.

Tease 1 - Character in Toy Biz line but never Hasbro.  - Toad

Tease # 2 - A character done early in the Hasbro line and possibly TB to will be getting an update. - Banshee

Third Tease - Hasbro did the 3.75" figure but never 6". - Firestar

Tease 4 - A character that has never had an action figure. All will be out in 2020. - Crystal.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that I'm stuck on these hints needing to be X-related, however, they did mention on a previous Fan First day that they were going to do figures based on House of X / Powers of X looks.  So, if these are hinting at an X Wave, then my guesses would be Updated Toy Biz: Toad, Angel, Longshot, Avalanche, or Blob, Never had a figure: Destiny, Captain Britain Betsy, Cerebro Helmet Xavier, Moira, or Exodus, Updated early Hasbro: Banshee or Rachel, fig from 3.75 could be Angel, Longshot, Blob, Banshee, Firestar, etc.

If it's not X-Related, then there are so many options...Updated Toy Biz: Falcon, Maestro, Mandarin, Wiccan, Hulkling (maybe it's an Empyre wave?), Never had a figure: Mantis, Swordsman (thinking Empyre tie-in), Crystal, Updated early Hasbro: Tigra, Classic She-Hulk, Madame Masque, Viper, fig from 3.75 could be Falcon, Mandarin, Firestar, etc

We know House of X / Powers of X are coming and Empyre was supposed to launch earlier this year, but due to Covid is out now.  So, Hasbro may have planned for these to be themes towards the end of 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

X-related? Not X-related? X-rated? Who cares. People are just having fun speculating. Who cares...  Why ruin someones good time? Let the imagination station run wild baby. I'm hoping for a new Thanos and Firelord!

Firelord would be AWESOME!!!!!!

Also, totally agree with you...but as someone who usually just views the boards w/o posting, I've noticed that there's always at least one person trying to rain on everyone's parade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Virtualzach said:

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but why would anyone order these from BBTS when you can get them several other places for less?  Is there any advantages to ordering from there as opposed to Dorkside, or Pulse, Amazon, etc.?

I think Pulse is the cheap one out of them all....

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Shadowcat said:

Firelord would be AWESOME!!!!!!

Also, totally agree with you...but as someone who usually just views the boards w/o posting, I've noticed that there's always at least one person trying to rain on everyone's parade.

You would have to be referring to my post where I asked where the Xmen related guesses are coming from. How exactly is that raining on someone’s parade? It would be different if I said ANYTHING derogatory about Xmen, your guesses , or ANYTHING at all. I even asked if I missed some info. So where is this parade ruining ?

you know what’s worse than raining on every ones parade? Completely misreading a post then slamming others for a simple question

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Virtualzach said:

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but why would anyone order these from BBTS when you can get them several other places for less?  Is there any advantages to ordering from there as opposed to Dorkside, or Pulse, Amazon, etc.?

Yeah, BBTS is $23 a pop, plus $4 shipping. Dorkside and EE usually are about $21. I think Amazon or Pulse is the cheapest, especially if you have Prime or Premium. I got Venom, Carnage, Phage and Morbius for $84 total.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, McHogan said:

You would have to be referring to my post where I asked where the Xmen related guesses are coming from. How exactly is that raining on someone’s parade? It would be different if I said ANYTHING derogatory about Xmen, your guesses , or ANYTHING at all. I even asked if I missed some info. So where is this parade ruining ?

you know what’s worse than raining every ones parade? Completely misreading a post then slamming others for a simple question

Oh, that was a simple question that wasn't leading to anything?  OK, then I apologize for "misreading" or actually just thinking you were leading your comment in a direction that was negative.  As I said, I'm usually just a reader of these boards, and I see where questions like that usually go.  However, guess that wasn't your intent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So many options for these teases.

Tease #1 could be: Toad, Angel, Vengeance, Maestro, Baron Strucker, Iron Lad, Patriot, Wiccan, Hulkling, Frankenstein, Werewolf by Night, Dracula, Zombie, Lady Deathstrike, Blackheart, Longshot, Falcon, Classic Luke Cage, Destroyer, Mandarin, and Jigsaw.

 

Tease #2 could be: Banshee, Xorn, Classic She-Hulk, Blob, Mole Man, Ronan the Accuser, Danger, Rachel Grey, Skaar, Doc Samson, Ka-Zar, Shanna, Zabu, Spiral, Kang the Conqueror, Tigra, Maria Hill, Dum Dum Dugan, Classic Valkyrie, Constrictor, Hope Summers, Ketch Ghost Rider, Viper, Daken, Thunderball, Piledriver, Madame Masque, US Agent, Ultron, Protector, Hyperion, Red She-Hulk, Ghost, Moonstone, Satana, and Wrecker

 

Tease #3 could be: A-Bomb, Death's Head, Thunderstrike, Korg, Triton, Yondu, Quasar, Mr. Negative, Collector, Karnak, Foolkiller, Slapstick, Solo, Executioner, Ragnarok, Championpool, Kidpool, Starfox, Death, Nebula, Cosmo the Dog, , Lockjaw, Moonboy, and Firestar

 

Tease #4: My money is on Crystal.

 

Also, that burnt Thanos arm looks like we might get a 4th Endgame wave. I'd go with Captain Marvel, Final Battle Thor, Nebula, Rocket Raccoon, Wong, Red Skull, and the Farmer Thanos BAF

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shadowcat said:

Oh, that was a simple question that wasn't leading to anything?  OK, then I apologize for "misreading" or actually just thinking you were leading your comment in a direction that was negative.  As I said, I'm usually just a reader of these boards, and I see where questions like that usually go.  However, guess that wasn't your intent.

Gotcha. You post a negative comment because you “thought” I was going in a negative direction. Makes sense. 

The irony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shazam71069 said:

So many options for these teases.

Tease #1 could be: Toad, Angel, Vengeance, Maestro, Baron Strucker, Iron Lad, Patriot, Wiccan, Hulkling, Frankenstein, Werewolf by Night, Dracula, Zombie, Lady Deathstrike, Blackheart, Longshot, Falcon, Classic Luke Cage, Destroyer, Mandarin, and Jigsaw.

 

Tease #2 could be: Banshee, Xorn, Classic She-Hulk, Blob, Mole Man, Ronan the Accuser, Danger, Rachel Grey, Skaar, Doc Samson, Ka-Zar, Shanna, Zabu, Spiral, Kang the Conqueror, Tigra, Maria Hill, Dum Dum Dugan, Classic Valkyrie, Constrictor, Hope Summers, Ketch Ghost Rider, Viper, Daken, Thunderball, Piledriver, Madame Masque, US Agent, Ultron, Protector, Hyperion, Red She-Hulk, Ghost, Moonstone, Satana, and Wrecker

 

Tease #3 could be: A-Bomb, Death's Head, Thunderstrike, Korg, Triton, Yondu, Quasar, Mr. Negative, Collector, Karnak, Foolkiller, Slapstick, Solo, Executioner, Ragnarok, Championpool, Kidpool, Starfox, Death, Nebula, Cosmo the Dog, , Lockjaw, Moonboy, and Firestar

 

Tease #4: My money is on Crystal.

 

Also, that burnt Thanos arm looks like we might get a 4th Endgame wave. I'd go with Captain Marvel, Final Battle Thor, Nebula, Rocket Raccoon, Wong, Red Skull, and the Farmer Thanos BAF

I really hope it's Crystal!!  I'd LOVE to get more Inhumans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Gotcha. You post a negative comment because you “thought” I was going in a negative direction. Makes sense. 

Glad you get it. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

FINALLY.....

Wait....did they seriously not go with the metallic red for the armor.....

Well, they got the helmet right and that's a plus. Its distinctly shaped differently from his others so I'm glad they didn't mess that up. And the boots also are comic accurate!

I'm hoping really hard Hasbro uses a chrome effect for whenever they make the newest armor designed by Alex Ross, especially since the suit having a mirror finish is spelled out in its design sheet.

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Virtualzach said:

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but why would anyone order these from BBTS when you can get them several other places for less?  Is there any advantages to ordering from there as opposed to Dorkside, or Pulse, Amazon, etc.?

BBTS is the most reliable for wrapping stuff well (Though I have never ordered from Dorkside.)- So, if you care about package condition, or just generally worry about your items being packed properly, they're great. Amazon is bad (often shipping figures in bubble mailers), and Pulse varies. Pre-orders on BBTS also tend to be open longer- so, if it is sold out on other sites, BBTS may have it. For me, the biggest perk is the "Pile of Loot-" you can order as much stuff as you want over the course of up to 90 days, and have it all shipped at once for $4.00. They also carry a big selection of stuff- I collect a lot of different toy lines They're a great place to order/pre-order some of Super7's stuff without having to pay Super7's high per-figure shipping. So, I can get Super7 figures, Star Wars, Minimates, Marvel Select, Marvel Legends, etc., and have a bunch of it shipped for $4.00, well-wrapped in a sturdy shipping box. So, if you just want to get a couple of Legends, shipped right now, they might not be your best choice, but they have some definite pluses.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a so-so batch of reveals for me. Silver Centurion looks nice, and the Tri-Sentinel head is cool. The Venom wave is underwhelming- there's just not a lot of variety or "newness." Besides Phage, these are all versions of characters that have been made before. The last Venom wave gave us 3 new, overdue characters in figure form. The new Carnage looks cool, but there was a Carnage in the last wave- this one could have waited. The head on Morbius kind of kills it for me- the "windswept" hair will only look good in specific poses- otherwise, he'll look like he's about to become a Super Saiyan. When Hasbro gives figures super-specific heads (Like this, or yelling ones, etc..), they really need to include a more neutral alternate head. Venomized Miles just looks kind of weird... The other figures are well-done, but Phage is the only all-new character. I'll probably buy them all eventually, but I only pre-ordered Phage and Gwenom. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, watanabefan said:

That guy who called Venompool won big.

 

13 hours ago, Satam said:

I think that might have been me.  I don't feel like I won much, since I did it sarcastically, but I do like that Carnage.

 

Edit: Looks like @EUPHORICVIKING called it, too, and didn't seem to happy about the idea, either.

Not to split hairs here, but I called this (at least as the BAF) way back when they first revealed the Gwen and Miles figures and that ridiculous Captain America. No big deal, but there were very few of us on that wagon at that time. I'm beyond exhausted of this entire repetitive, lazy and uncreative symbiote storyline, and though I'm sad to see it infesting the ML now, I'm super excited about this BAF and I need this Venompool. I've been playing C of C for years now and this is one of the oldest characters in the game. I've often wondered when this guy was going to show up in the ML as I could see the convergence of the shortage of characters from the Spider-Verse that could qualify as a BAF and the introduction of more characters from the Gamerverse into ML overall. This thing looks amazing. It looks like it popped right of my phone screen. This is one of those situations where the BAF will push the wave, but I think even the people who hate this wave (which I am one of) will be surprised with this BAF. As far as the figures themselves, the "sellers" are going to be the new Carnage on the Sunfire buck (yes) and the Morbius figure. Spider Ghost and Phage will sell well initially, but once the average consumer catches up with the hardcore collectors they'll end up warming pegs.

Now for my next Official Prediction, write it down now! Not necessarily this year or in the next round of reveals, but next year will be a good year for Howard the Duck fans. They will, through either a BAF or through a Deluxe format such as Riders, be doing a Howard the Duck with Mech Suit from this same game. Preferably they would do it through Deluxe so we can just decide if we want to buy it or not, but I get the sneaky feeling Howard will be released in the same way Spider-Ham was and the BAF will be the suit. Howard will be removable and displayable without his mech. I predict this will be a pleasant surprise like this Venompool. I mean, once you get over wondering how he came across this mining mech suit shaped like a duck bill in some offworld, alien, alternate universe.

Sign it. Lock it. Take it to the bank

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, monron999 said:

 

Not to split hairs here, but I called this (at least as the BAF) way back when they first revealed the Gwen and Miles figures and that ridiculous Captain America. No big deal, but there were very few of us on that wagon at that time. I'm beyond exhausted of this entire repetitive, lazy and uncreative symbiote storyline, and though I'm sad to see it infesting the ML now, I'm super excited about this BAF and I need this Venompool. I've been playing C of C for years now and this is one of the oldest characters in the game. I've often wondered when this guy was going to show up in the ML as I could see the convergence of the shortage of characters from the Spider-Verse that could qualify as a BAF and the introduction of more characters from the Gamerverse into ML overall. This thing looks amazing. It looks like it popped right of my phone screen. This is one of those situations where the BAF will push the wave, but I think even the people who hate this wave (which I am one of) will be surprised with this BAF. As far as the figures themselves, the "sellers" are going to be the new Carnage on the Sunfire buck (yes) and the Morbius figure. Spider Ghost and Phage will sell well initially, but once the average consumer catches up with the hardcore collectors they'll end up warming pegs.

Now for my next Official Prediction, write it down now! Not necessarily this year or in the next round of reveals, but next year will be a good year for Howard the Duck fans. They will, through either a BAF or through a Deluxe format such as Riders, be doing a Howard the Duck with Mech Suit from this same game. Preferably they would do it through Deluxe so we can just decide if we want to buy it or not, but I get the sneaky feeling Howard will be released in the same way Spider-Ham was and the BAF will be the suit. Howard will be removable and displayable without his mech. I predict this will be a pleasant surprise like this Venompool. I mean, once you get over wondering how he came across this mining mech suit shaped like a duck bill in some offworld, alien, alternate universe.

Sign it. Lock it. Take it to the bank

If you don't have proof then it doesn't count. Anyone can say they called anything then. We called it way before venomized cap was announced... As far as things go either Satam or I are the ones that called it and have been calling it since the Venomized line was announced. 

Proof goes to me or Satam. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm psyched to see Venompool be part of the Marvel Legends and wouldn't mind getting it but on the fence. And after JayC's Youtube post and review I'm going to avoid it. I hope down the line Hasbro may release a deluxe version of Venompool because if I remember, before they did Venom multiple times as part of the Spider-Man lines as well as a BAF (and please correct me if I'm wrong about this.) so that's why I feel later on there will (may or may not) be a deluxe version. Hopefully with better detail. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, monron999 said:

 

Not to split hairs here, but I called this (at least as the BAF) way back when they first revealed the Gwen and Miles figures and that ridiculous Captain America. No big deal, but there were very few of us on that wagon at that time. I'm beyond exhausted of this entire repetitive, lazy and uncreative symbiote storyline, and though I'm sad to see it infesting the ML now, I'm super excited about this BAF and I need this Venompool. I've been playing C of C for years now and this is one of the oldest characters in the game. I've often wondered when this guy was going to show up in the ML as I could see the convergence of the shortage of characters from the Spider-Verse that could qualify as a BAF and the introduction of more characters from the Gamerverse into ML overall. This thing looks amazing. It looks like it popped right of my phone screen. This is one of those situations where the BAF will push the wave, but I think even the people who hate this wave (which I am one of) will be surprised with this BAF. As far as the figures themselves, the "sellers" are going to be the new Carnage on the Sunfire buck (yes) and the Morbius figure. Spider Ghost and Phage will sell well initially, but once the average consumer catches up with the hardcore collectors they'll end up warming pegs.

Now for my next Official Prediction, write it down now! Not necessarily this year or in the next round of reveals, but next year will be a good year for Howard the Duck fans. They will, through either a BAF or through a Deluxe format such as Riders, be doing a Howard the Duck with Mech Suit from this same game. Preferably they would do it through Deluxe so we can just decide if we want to buy it or not, but I get the sneaky feeling Howard will be released in the same way Spider-Ham was and the BAF will be the suit. Howard will be removable and displayable without his mech. I predict this will be a pleasant surprise like this Venompool. I mean, once you get over wondering how he came across this mining mech suit shaped like a duck bill in some offworld, alien, alternate universe.

Sign it. Lock it. Take it to the bank

Love this idea if releasing Howard the Duck. Great way to add value and collectibility to a popular but small character. I remember not everyone being thrilled about paying Legends pricing for Spider- Ham, which amounted to a static figurine with limited articulation.

at least by adding his Mech, there would be a method to their madness. Although the vulture wings BAF didn’t go over too well either. Love Howard in Contest of Champions, wouldn’t mind a few other game exclusive characters getting Legends. the Symbiote Supreme would have been a relevant choice for the Venom wave for example.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Silver Centurion Iron Man!! At...LAST!! And I'm extremely grateful that they added that EB games in Canada will be getting it too! What a relief!! Not interested in the Venom/ symbiote stuff, but it's all the better since I'm still playing catch-up with ML and TFs. Looking forward to these teases too!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE