Jump to content

Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream For August 18, 2020 - Venom, Silver Centurion Iron Man, New Sentinel Tier


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, m0nk3y47 said:

I'm psyched to see Venompool be part of the Marvel Legends and wouldn't mind getting it but on the fence. And after JayC's Youtube post and review I'm going to avoid it. I hope down the line Hasbro may release a deluxe version of Venompool because if I remember, before they did Venom multiple times as part of the Spider-Man lines as well as a BAF (and please correct me if I'm wrong about this.) so that's why I feel later on there will (may or may not) be a deluxe version. Hopefully with better detail. Thanks!

Venompool is a great candidate for a rerelease as a deluxe figure. Mostly because he sounds like a very popular BAF choice in a divisive line.

not sure what they could do to differentiate him later down the road but what I keep hearing is people love Venompool, then only really like one or two of the line. Seems like when this happens the BAF usually gets a deluxe down the line  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This wave will be a pretty easy pass for me.

My hopes: Lady Deathstrike Spiral Magneto (Age of Apocalypse) Destiny Make it happen, Hasbro. Time to decide if Venompool counts as an X-Men character and star

Walgreens Silver Centurion Iron Man announced. Has good should articulation. Not going up for pre-order today. They will announce that date later. Also will be at EBGames in Canada.

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, ADour said:

I'm hoping really hard Hasbro uses a chrome effect for whenever they make the newest armor designed by Alex Ross, especially since the suit having a mirror finish is spelled out in its design sheet.

spacer.png

Exactly. They just put out Daredevil's armored suit and it had the metallic red. The candy apple is not the best option. Im glad they got the helmet right. Wonder if they did the backpack? They never show these figures from all angles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

It's a so-so batch of reveals for me. Silver Centurion looks nice, and the Tri-Sentinel head is cool. The Venom wave is underwhelming- there's just not a lot of variety or "newness." Besides Phage, these are all versions of characters that have been made before. The last Venom wave gave us 3 new, overdue characters in figure form. The new Carnage looks cool, but there was a Carnage in the last wave- this one could have waited. The head on Morbius kind of kills it for me- the "windswept" hair will only look good in specific poses- otherwise, he'll look like he's about to become a Super Saiyan. When Hasbro gives figures super-specific heads (Like this, or yelling ones, etc..), they really need to include a more neutral alternate head. Venomized Miles just looks kind of weird... The other figures are well-done, but Phage is the only all-new character. I'll probably buy them all eventually, but I only pre-ordered Phage and Gwenom. 

I agree with your assessment of Morbius’s hair. I’ve never seen this version so I assumed it was SuperSaiyan like, it looks off whether it’s wind swept or otherwise. Kinda like his overall look, almost looks like a Cenobyte. 

Carnage is fast becoming the “Wolverine, Spidey, Iron Man” of Venom’s lines. Does this make three straight Venom waves where Carnage has been a part of? With a movie version rumored, he has gotten a lot of figures in recent times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Short of the Morbius figure and the BAF, I am not interested in this wave (happy for those who are though), but I am curious what happened to the Cap Venom...does this mean there will be another venom wave?  If they can make this many symbiotes, surely they can give us Skrull versions of characters too! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Exactly. They just put out Daredevil's armored suit and it had the metallic red. The candy apple is not the best option. Im glad they got the helmet right. Wonder if they did the backpack? They never show these figures from all angles.

Aww yeah great point. A few things make the Silver Centurion Armor stand out: the helmet, the boots, the back pack... I’d even say most interpretations have this armor way bulkier. 

Got to think  they’d make sure the backpack is there right? 

Anyone hop in here.. was there a practical reason for the back pack? Just a design choice ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

Short of the Morbius figure and the BAF, I am not interested in this wave (happy for those who are though), but I am curious what happened to the Cap Venom...does this mean there will be another venom wave?  If they can make this many symbiotes, surely they can give us Skrull versions of characters too! 😉

Cap Venom is a stand alone Walmart exclusive. No doubt released at the same time 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Late to the party, trying to catch up on the comments here but Im one of those that is EXTREMELY excited for this wave. First of this year that I want a whole wave so thats saying alot. Im pretty excited to get another future foundations character so of course phage is a must. That carnage looks great, was kind of wanting an actual absolute carnage with the whole weird torso but this is a great addition with some awesome details. Venom movie version Im excited, torn and will probably grab anyway because its venom! and hes a large fig. Morbius looks pretty rad, never ended up getting the previous morbius so im down for this one. Gwenom i was always back and forth on because i dont follow the books but she looks to be a cool figure. Miles is my least favorite as he just looks like a friggin lizard. Im sure he ll be cool enough but just not that exciting. And Venompool! he looks great! and to have alt hands and accessories and his size is impressive! Cant wait! 

Also those saying they "called venompool", cmon now, this was a given. Its like saying we re going to be getting a grey hulk.. DUH. Guys im calling it right now, youre hearing it first, we re going to be getting a.... MAESTRO hulk at some point soon. this is an EXCLUSIVE. mark your calendars. Also an A bomb, a Joe Fixit, etc etc. Those molds scream reuse. I know the Monster Venom isnt exactly being reused with Venompool but they most likely retooled it because venompool requires alot more details like cloth texture, stitches, etc etc. But his mold was the perfect base for any big venom type character. But anyways, glad hes coming!  

Oh yeah silver centurion looks sweet too, dont know if i ll be picking him up tho but a welcome update to his armory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Aww yeah great point. A few things make the Silver Centurion Armor stand out: the helmet, the boots, the back pack... I’d even say most interpretations have this armor way bulkier. 

Got to think  they’d make sure the backpack is there right? 

Anyone hop in here.. was there a practical reason for the back pack? Just a design choice ? 

Like previous models, the red and silver suit's arm sections zip into the gauntlets for storage, while the legs go into the boots, leaving Tony with just a few parts to stow in his custom-designed, high-tech briefcase (with extra secure thumbprint locks): a helmet, chest piece, gloves, boots, and "shorts." (The attache case attaches to the back of the armor magnetically, allowing IM to carry it as needed.) The back power pack splits in half and comes off. This allows the chest piece, with a hinged release at the shoulders to open at the sides and slide it off.

In truth....the centurion armor has a unique generator that powers the armor's force field. That is cooled by several tubes, including Tony's waste tube. So, should he run low on power, his own body waste can power the suit; the backpack as a recycling servo for that very purpose. This was abandoned after a malfunction in flight caused the vents to open and spill onto a rooftop luncheon at the Daily Bugle attended by Jameson and Justin Hammer.

MONGLE MONGLE MONGLE 010.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Late to the party, trying to catch up on the comments here but Im one of those that is EXTREMELY excited for this wave. First of this year that I want a whole wave so thats saying alot. Im pretty excited to get another future foundations character so of course phage is a must. That carnage looks great, was kind of wanting an actual absolute carnage with the whole weird torso but this is a great addition with some awesome details. Venom movie version Im excited, torn and will probably grab anyone because its venom! and hes a large fig. Morbius looks pretty rad, never ended up getting the previous morbius so im down for this one. Gwenom i was always back and forth on because i dont follow the books but she looks to be a cool figure. Miles is my least favorite as he just looks like a friggin lizard. Im sure he ll be cool enough but just not that exciting. And Venompool! he looks great! and to have alt hands and accessories and his size is impressive! Cant wait! 

Also those saying they "called venompool", cmon now, this was a given. Its like saying we re going to be getting a grey hulk.. DUH. Guys im calling it right now, youre hearing it first, we re going to be getting a.... MAESTRO hulk at some point soon. this is an EXCLUSIVE. mark your calendars. Also an A bomb, a Joe Fixit, etc etc. Those molds scream reuse. I know the Monster Venom isnt exactly being reused with Venompool but they most likely retooled it because venompool requires alot more details like cloth texture, stitches, etc etc. But his mold was the perfect base for any big venom type character. But anyways, glad hes coming!  

Oh yeah silver centurion looks sweet too, dont know if i ll be picking him up tho but a welcome update to his armory. 

This. Most molds of popular characters scream future variants:

Iron Man: —> Warmachine—> Iron Man 2020 —> Stealth (hopefully)

Hulk:—> greener Hulk—>grey Hulk—> Red Hulk 

although Venompool doesn’t fit the easy mold, it was a bit of a no brainer considering the popularity of Symbiotes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Like previous models, the red and silver suit's arm sections zip into the gauntlets for storage, while the legs go into the boots, leaving Tony with just a few parts to stow in his custom-designed, high-tech briefcase (with extra secure thumbprint locks): a helmet, chest piece, gloves, boots, and "shorts." (The attache case attaches to the back of the armor magnetically, allowing IM to carry it as needed.) The back power pack splits in half and comes off. This allows the chest piece, with a hinged release at the shoulders to open at the sides and slide it off.

In truth....the centurion armor has a unique generator that powers the armor's force field. That is cooled by several tubes, including Tony's waste tube. So, should he run low on power, his own body waste can power the suit; the backpack as a recycling servo for that very purpose. This was abandoned after a malfunction in flight caused the vents to open and spill onto a rooftop luncheon at the Daily Bugle attended by Jameson and Justin Hammer.

Holy S#@% that was informative.. thought I’d get: “yeah he uses the backpack for his lunch box”..

haha as always an impressive amount of knowledge. Well done. They BETTER put the back pack on it now !

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Holy S#@% that was informative.. thought I’d get: “yeah he uses the backpack for his lunch box”..

haha as always an impressive amount of knowledge. Well done. They BETTER put the back pack on it now !

Yeah that second part about the malfunction was in Iron Man issue #204. But they recalled the mag later and put out a new one. Because I made it all up....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another site mentions that the Silver Centurion figure uses new shoulder tech. I hadn’t seen anyone mentioning that here. Looking at the pics I don’t see anything out of the ordinary. 

Any one have any input or info this shoulder tech?

edit: I thought the “has good should “ from the original post was JUST a typo and not referring to the shoulder tech. That aside, what is the new tech ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

With SCIM finally revealed, Hasbro has to start working on making all the other "Armor Wars" related armored bad guys that Tony went after in that classic story arc . Comic versions that appeared in that arc include:

Stilt man- rumored to be coming

Beetle- done

Guardsmen

Collector

Stingray

Titanium man

Crimson Dynamo

Firepower-BAF

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Another site mentions that the Silver Centurion figure uses new shoulder tech. I hadn’t seen anyone mentioning that here. Looking at the pics I don’t see anything out of the ordinary. 

Any one have any input or info this shoulder tech?

 

It's in the video on Pulse's facebook page.  Basically the shoulder pauldrons are keyed into the ball joint and partly inside the body so that they don't get in the way or pop out of the way if one turns the arm all the way around. Instead the pauldrons move with the shoulder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Exactly. They just put out Daredevil's armored suit and it had the metallic red. The candy apple is not the best option. Im glad they got the helmet right. Wonder if they did the backpack? They never show these figures from all angles.

In the livestream VOD, at around 20:50, you can see Dwight turn the figure around when showing it off, and I think he's got the backpack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

If you don't have proof then it doesn't count. Anyone can say they called anything then. We called it way before venomized cap was announced... As far as things go either Satam or I are the ones that called it and have been calling it since the Venomized line was announced. 

Proof goes to me or Satam. 

Damn, you took that way too serious. It's called tongue in cheek. But since you asked, where's your proof and why are you dragging @Satam into it at all. If it means that much to you though, YOU THA GUY!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if there's an early Hasbro figure calling out for a re-do, I'm saying Banshee. As for someone in Toy Biz but never Hasbro, I'm hoping Toad. As for the 3 3/4 line but not 6, I know Ulrik is asking for too much, but that's the one I'd want. I'd also go for Arcade, who was apparently made for 3 3/4 but didn't get released before the line folded. And someone who never had a figure? I'd don't know if classic Master Mind had a Toy Biz, but he'd go well with the Hellfire Club, as others have pointed out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some research and here are all the possible character I could find (I know I missed a few)

Tease 1 – Character in Toy Biz line but never Hasbro

Toad, Howard the Duck, Doop, Vengeance, Maestro (still counts), Blackheart, Lady Deathstrike, Mojo, Longshot, Baron Heinrich Zemo, Modok, Destroyer, Franklin Richards, Wiccan, Hulkling, Iron Lad, Patriot, Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster, Werewolf By Night, Zombie, Baron Von Strucker, Jigsaw, Man-Wolf, Avalanche, Gremlin, Impossible Man, Dragon Man, Kang (also possible for the Hasbro list), Falcon (although he has had a few movie and Cap Falc).

Tease 2 – A character done early in the Hasbro line and possibly TB to will be getting an update (Pre-2014)

Annihilus, Banshee, Blob, Xorn, Brood Queen, Danger, Rachel Summer/Grey, Mole Man, Fin Fang Foom, Doc Samson, Skaar, Terrax, Danny Ketch, Constrictor, Hope Summer, Thunderball, Piledriver, Madame Masque, Viper, Daken, Iron Monger, Noh-Varr, Red She-Hulk, Hyperion, Wrecker, U.S. Agent, Ronin, Dum Dum Dugan, Ka-Zar, Shanna, Zabu, Moonstone, Satana, Spiral, Holocaust, Tigra,

Third Tease – Hasbro did the 3.75″ figure but never 6″

A-Bomb, Death’s Head, Thunderstrike, Triton, Quasar, Mister Negative, Karnak, Jim Hammond (this was extremely hinted at), Champion, Kid Pool, Starfox, Cosmo, Lockjaw, Moonboy, Firestar

Tease 4 – A character that has never had an action figure

Pretty much everybody else. What? There is an entire universe of characters they have not done. I’m not researching all of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was gonna pass on this wave...really I was...then my nephew saw the movie Venom figure and reminded me his birthday is coming. I just preordered it. 

I might get MORBIUS as well to add to my Horror shelf. ..yep that's what I'm gonna do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tarot said:

Tease 4 – A character that has never had an action figure

Pretty much everybody else. What? There is an entire universe of characters they have not done. I’m not researching all of that.

ThaNk you....an entire universe never done yet. Red Wolf, Moondragon, Woodgod, M-11 Human Robot, El Aguila, Namora, Namorita, StarHawk, Nightshade, Red Raven, Blue Marvel, Equinox and no I'm not gonna name any more....but you see the point. They really need to get these out, if only so they don't exhaust the variants of their "main" characters....it'll make getting them that much sweeter.

But NO.....that does NOT mean using exclusives. Please spare us that nightmare.

12.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

My hopes:

  1. Lady Deathstrike
  2. Spiral
  3. Magneto (Age of Apocalypse)
  4. Destiny

Make it happen, Hasbro.

Time to decide if Venompool counts as an X-Men character and start plotting how to get him...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given what we know about this year's releases already, though, it's probably:

  1. M.O.D.O.K. as BAF in the next Gamerverse wave
  2. U.S. Agent from Walgreens
  3. Firestar in one of those Spider-Man "TV" packs
  4. Stilt-Man as BAF in the customary New Year's Spider-Man wave
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Benn said:

Given what we know about this year's releases already, though, it's probably:

  1. M.O.D.O.K. as BAF in the next Gamerverse wave
  2. U.S. Agent from Walgreens
  3. Firestar in one of those Spider-Man "TV" packs
  4. Stilt-Man as BAF in the customary New Year's Spider-Man wave

I'd say out of all the predictions we have been seeing, I'd say this sounds really spot on, in fact I'd possibly put a slice of pizza on it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE