Jump to content

Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream For August 18, 2020 - Venom, Silver Centurion Iron Man, New Sentinel Tier


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Kind of reminds me of how they had all the biceps swapped on the 80th ironman.. how does one mess that up? I feel like someone was sleeping on the job when they pulled that one. I wonder how many people it goes through to be approved to miss that kind of thing. The neck thing definitely seems like an odd design choice. The only thing I can think of is their new shoulder pad tech but that wouldnt necessarily give them a reason not to have a neck joint unless the neck joint was too small that they had problems moving each individually so they went with a full neck/head piece together. 

Inexcusable imo. Really hope someone on this site or any of the other AF sites that has comms with Hasbro can address this issue & if they're planning on correcting it. I'd rather this be delayed a few more months till 1st qt of 21' & get fixed than get rushed out in Nov as is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This wave will be a pretty easy pass for me.

My hopes: Lady Deathstrike Spiral Magneto (Age of Apocalypse) Destiny Make it happen, Hasbro. Time to decide if Venompool counts as an X-Men character and star

Walgreens Silver Centurion Iron Man announced. Has good should articulation. Not going up for pre-order today. They will announce that date later. Also will be at EBGames in Canada.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Livestream-Reveal-

This pic here clearly shows that there is no separate head sculpt. Head n neck are 1 piece. This is unacceptable & will seriously undermine me getting this figure at full market price if at all. And I don't say this lightly as I'm a huge Ironman fan & the SCIM armor is in my top 3 armors ever along with the classic 80th version we got last yr & the War Machine that I pre ordered last month. So it sucks big time that Hasbro #$## the bed with this figure when it comes to their decision to go this route with the head/neck articulation.

Now I see what you all are talking about. I pray this is not a permanent thing. Why would they change the formula that worked so well for 80th Iron Man, Iron Man 2020 and War Machine? This is pretty much the same sculpt with some minor retooling. It reminds me of some of those half-assed changes they made to the MU line before it's inevitable demise. Hasbro, you have to fix this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Now I see what you all are talking about. I pray this is not a permanent thing. Why would they change the formula that worked so well for 80th Iron Man, Iron Man 2020 and War Machine? This is pretty much the same sculpt with some minor retooling. It reminds me of some of those half-assed changes they made to the MU line before it's inevitable demise. Hasbro, you have to fix this.

Whomever gave final approval to this needs to be demoted. They're using the same base body with a few changes but the neck & head articulation need not have been altered, If it ain't broke, don't fix! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Walgreens-Silver-C

The neck/head looks even worse here with neck peg joint clearly visible. After setting the bar so high with their 3 previous IM related armors, Hasbro shat the bed on this one. 

MARVEL-LEGENDS-SERIES-6-INCH-IRON-MAN-SI

Ugh!! Is it possible the neck is not all the way in on the peg? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Walgreens-Silver-C

The neck/head looks even worse here with neck peg joint clearly visible. After setting the bar so high with their 3 previous IM related armors, Hasbro shat the bed on this one. 

Oh man this is worrisome..yeah that new shoulder tech is clearly the determining factor in this design choice. Not in the above pic,  but another makes it look like there is no chin at all, like the neck goes directly into face plate. How did we all miss this? Guess the initial excitement blinded us.

over all, he still looks pretty good. I don’t mind the red they’ve used, those early appearances rarely looked metallic. 

Will still be getting a few of these, once in hand will see how this effects the overall aesthetic 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now in this pic his head/ neck, while clearly one piece, doesnt look too bad. His chin looks normal and the gap is lessened. But.. there appears no way he can achieve a flying angle with this design. Plus many of us like to display  our Iron Men with a Tony Stark head holding his helmet. A small detail, but one I’ve come to appreciate with this aspect of posing my figures.

every version of this armor had issues with the shoulders due to attempts at keeping it comic accurate, but this also made posing his arms troublesome in any pose other than straight ahead. Is this a good trade off? This will certainly limit what poses Iron Man can be put in so  are better shoulders worth it?

If this is the future of any armors that have those type of shoulder components this will be a divisive design indeed. There are many  armors yet to be done that have shoulder “pads” and if the plan is the new shoulder tech, it seems this will make future versions just as divisive 

52E18610-C1ED-43D6-B766-1B3E9C4B3EC6.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Kind of reminds me of how they had all the biceps swapped on the 80th ironman.. how does one mess that up? I feel like someone was sleeping on the job when they pulled that one. I wonder how many people it goes through to be approved to miss that kind of thing. The neck thing definitely seems like an odd design choice. The only thing I can think of is their new shoulder pad tech but that wouldnt necessarily give them a reason not to have a neck joint unless the neck joint was too small that they had problems moving each individually so they went with a full neck/head piece together. 

Here's hoping its not what it looks like and we're overreacting. Yesterday it was like Christmas in the Atlantis household because  a ton of Legends arrived, including War Machine. And he was the clear star of the bunch. The detail, the paint, the articulation, the sheer comic book accuracy of it just bowled me over. To follow that up, with a sub-standard Silver Centurion- and we KNOW how many people on this forum have been drooling with anticipation for that model- would be a monumental let-down, indeed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 9:47 AM, Ironspider428 said:

I haven’t been this excited for a wave in a long time. MOVIE VENOM!!!! I wasn’t expecting that at all!! Also they put Carnage on the Sunfire buck!! And with a classic head!! Totally buying both of those, hopefully they’re 2 per case. Also Phage may be the best of the Life Foundation symbiotes thus far. That figure looks phenomenal. I don’t really recognize that version of Morbius, but he looks cool too, with a new sculpt. Not sure I need Venompool, but he look good, thank god he’s not on the awful Monster Venom mold. Gwen and Miles are probably my least anticipated, but I have wanted a Gwenom for a while and Miles does looks nifty. Overall EXTREMELY solid wave.

Mile's huge grabby hands got me stoked for this figure. I recognize this Morbius in the comics and the anticipation of a movie about him sweetened the deal-- great villain to put in my shelf!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Deathbird was in the 5 inch Toy Biz line but I don't think was ever done in 6 inch. She's been on my want list for awhile. I always kind of assumed Bishop getting stuck with her in a small ship for a few months contributed to him going crazy chasing Hope through time and trying to kill her. I definitely want a Terrax, who I think was in the same boat. I figure Hasbro is probably saving the Fantastic Four flood for when MCU does their movie though which still seems to be at least a couple of years off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Here's hoping its not what it looks like and we're overreacting. Yesterday it was like Christmas in the Atlantis household because  a ton of Legends arrived, including War Machine. And he was the clear star of the bunch. The detail, the paint, the articulation, the sheer comic book accuracy of it just bowled me over. To follow that up, with a sub-standard Silver Centurion- and we KNOW how many people on this forum have been drooling with anticipation for that model- would be a monumental let-down, indeed.  

Yeah, hopefully we are all overreacting and there is neck joint in there. Given how eell both the 80th Anniversary and Iron man 2020 figures were done, it would be a shame for Hasbro to let me down on my favourite armour

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmmm. 80th Anniversary Iron Man - fantastic. Iron Man 2020 - really liked that, especially the OTT flame/base accessories. Gamerverse (Starboost) Iron Man - cheaper grade of plastic, and a lot of haters, but I still really liked that too. Sue me. Deluxe War Machine - looks really good. So, how could yet another repaint with slight mods have ended up looking like it does? 

Venom wave - lot of people like it, and I'm not going to rain on their parade. I like the BAF a lot, and I like that Hasbro have made the effort here, but easy pass for me. 

Also, when people say (for instance) "War Machine uses the Iron Man buck" wtf does that even mean? I've been a toy collector for like, four decades. My brother and comrades customise as well as collect, and I've never heard them, or anyone from Toy Biz, Hasbro, Hot Toys, Bandai, Figma refer to a figure's 'buck'. 

I'm guessing this means sculpt or master mould (not the Sentinel), but if so, does it main the basic, pre-production full body and head sculpt? Or the finished production version, which is sculpt plus accessories plus paint, plus tweaks (e. g. Strong Guy wave Deadpool's neck, arm and leg bracelets, belt and wrap around parts). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LandoTucker said:

Also, when people say (for instance) "War Machine uses the Iron Man buck" wtf does that even mean? I've been a toy collector for like, four decades. My brother and comrades customise as well as collect, and I've never heard them, or anyone from Toy Biz, Hasbro, Hot Toys, Bandai, Figma refer to a figure's 'buck'. 

I'm guessing this means sculpt or master mould (not the Sentinel), but if so, does it main the basic, pre-production full body and head sculpt? Or the finished production version, which is sculpt plus accessories plus paint, plus tweaks (e. g. Strong Guy wave Deadpool's neck, arm and leg bracelets, belt and wrap around parts). 

That's odd that you've been collecting that long and never heard the term. I've heard it quite often, but yes  it just means  generic body type used as a base for many different characters. Some people also use the term mould or model. Off subject, here's hoping Hasbro retires that spindly female buck they seem so enamored with, or at the very least just use it for teen-type figures. It so chaffes my hide that the one they used for Dagger and Kate Bishop (and its perfect for Kate) was used for the Black Widow. Looks like they also used it for Shilka, and it bothers me so much I decided to pass on that figure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ransomz said:

Deathbird was in the 5 inch Toy Biz line but I don't think was ever done in 6 inch. She's been on my want list for awhile. I always kind of assumed Bishop getting stuck with her in a small ship for a few months contributed to him going crazy chasing Hope through time and trying to kill her. I definitely want a Terrax, who I think was in the same boat. I figure Hasbro is probably saving the Fantastic Four flood for when MCU does their movie though which still seems to be at least a couple of years off.

And now that we kind of have Lilandra, Deathbird would be great!

I'd also love to see the Starjammers make it into the Legends line.  They might be a good box set offering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to beat a dead horse (because we never do that on this forum) but IF that SCIM really has the issues some think it does, here's hoping Hasbro will get wind and make some changes before its produced. Cant speak for anyone else but I for one would rather it be delayed, done right, and then sent out for sale, rather than rushing it. Great opportunity to give it a metallic red paint instead.

Iron-Man-armor-Marvel-Comics-Silver-Centurion-1980s.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the 4 clues, it’s not any X-Men figures in it, because all the fall X-Men reveals were done. 
So it most likely gonna be Avengers related 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Not to beat a dead horse (because we never do that on this forum) but IF that SCIM really has the issues some think it does, here's hoping Hasbro will get wind and make some changes before its produced. Cant speak for anyone else but I for one would rather it be delayed, done right, and then sent out for sale, rather than rushing it. Great opportunity to give it a metallic red paint instead.

Iron-Man-armor-Marvel-Comics-Silver-Centurion-1980s.jpg

Same here,  I wouldn't mind a delay if it meant any potential issues could be fixed

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ah that Armored Thor would be amazing... I really hope we see that in figure form sometime in the pipeline

 

That's crazy talk. Who would want another Thor figure?? And how could they possibly do the beard AND show the eyes peering out of the helmet visor? You ask the impossible!!

All jokes aside, I'd be interested in the Captain and seeing him with the all-silver/mirror finish shield. Oh and lets not forget Beta Ray Bill in his original outfit!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

For the 4 clues, it’s not any X-Men figures in it, because all the fall X-Men reveals were done. 
So it most likely gonna be Avengers related 

I'm cool with that. Last few months were very X-Men heavy, as cool as most of them were (Sentinel and Hellfire Club exclusives especially). 

If the teases were for the second Avengers Gamerverse wave, I think there's a strong chance one of them is comic Falcon. You just know Hasbro is gonna recycle those Vulture wings somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

That's crazy talk. Who would want another Thor figure?? And how could they possibly do the beard AND show the eyes peering out of the helmet visor? You ask the impossible!!

All jokes aside, I'd be interested in the Captain and seeing him with the all-silver/mirror finish shield. Oh and lets not forget Beta Ray Bill in his original outfit!

Agreed I think it is crazy that we didn't get the original Beta Ray before the one we did, The Captain would be great, also would be kinda cool to eventually get Steve Rogers as Nomad, and hey why not Jack Monroe as Nomad

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

For the 4 clues, it’s not any X-Men figures in it, because all the fall X-Men reveals were done. 
So it most likely gonna be Avengers related 

As long as one of them is Stingray, I don't care

Link to post
Share on other sites

It time to play "Daily Sentinel Update!!!" 

The current backers as of writing this is - 15321. That is a huge jump was the last time I looked yesterday. with 3 days to go, will we make the Tri-Sentinel come to life (without his 6 arms but eh!).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE