MAFEX Avengers: Endgame Iron Man Mark 85 Figure Revealed From Medicom

JayC

Shown below is a first look at the upcoming Avengers: Endgame MAFEX Iron Man Mark 85 figure which looks to come with energy shield, blade, lightning enhancer back piece and arm cannons as well as multiple hands and blast effect pieces. Look for more details and images for this to be released soon by Medicom.

MAFEX-Mark-85.jpg

I doubt they're gonna uncover more accessories for this figure later on. But as it stands, this is a pretty good amount of accessories. In one single release, it basically combines most of all three of Figuarts' releases. The clean paint from the first release. The shield, lightning refocuser and energy blade from the second release. And the arm cannons from the third release. All of that, and it looks to be more well-proportioned than the Figuarts version.

It wouldn't bother me if they decided to make a release similar to Figuarts' third release. New molded parts with severe battle damage does warrant a separate release.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:14 PM, memocromatico said:

Depending on the price point and actual size... this may be the first marvel mafex figure I get... I really want all those accessories with my IM... specially the sword and shield!

it will be minimum 100 or 110-120 due to accessories, still wish they kept the old price of 60-70, making 6 inch figure 100 bucks is ugh not something that is worth paying and especially with Mafex's questionable quality control 

Mafex is nice, and are a better fit with Legends, the S.H. Figuarts likenesses aren’t as good and are much smaller. 

I do have an earlier Tony Stark from S.H. Figs and THAT figures smaller stature works well with Legends because Tony out if his armor should be a tad smaller.

i bit the bullet back when MAFEX released the main Justice League team, they compare very nicely to Legends. I wanted a NICE set of Leaguers, those Mattel offerings were poo.

Outside of the price I would jump at this Iron Man but after dropping roughly $600 on the JL team I’m not looking to tackle the Avengers too, I’d go broke!

We first told you about this figure last week, and now Medicom has released official images and details for their upcoming Avengers: Endgame MAFEX Iron Man Mark 85 armor figure which is slated for release in June 2021.

The 6.2" tall figure will include multiple hands as well as multiple armor attachment pieces as seen in the movie such as an energy shield, double-bladed weapon, 2 arm cannons and the lightning amplifier back piece which will go along with Thor. You can pre-order this figure now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-01.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-02.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-03.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-04.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-05.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-06.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-07.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-08.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-09.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-10.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-11.jpg

MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-85-12.jpg

14 hours ago, ADour said:

Turns out the figure is already up for preorder in BBTS for $140. Yikes.

The good news though, is that it's gonna measure 6.30 inches (16cm), meaning it's gonna be barely a hair shorter than the Marvel Legends version, so it's gonna be a buy from me.

Yeah... I don't want those accessories that much... Imma make them myself looks like...

On 8/24/2020 at 2:27 PM, memocromatico said:

Yeah... I don't want those accessories that much... Imma make them myself looks like...

I gotta admit I know I could spend 140 elsewhere, but the figure on its own just looks very promising and leagues better than any other MK 85 figure save Hot Toys. However, I'll wait until I see a couple of reviews before ordering it.

For a cheaper alternative for the accessories, I'd suggest you to buy the ZD Toys Iron Man MK 85 from AliExpress (from this listing in specific). It comes with the lightning refocuser, two arm cannons and a hand with the Infinity Stones. I've seen one person on Instagram mod their ML MK 85 to plug the refocuser (but I plan to wing it with sticky tack), and the hand is the same one from the Marvel Select, which fits on the ML MK 85 no problem.

I have that figure coming my way, so I in a few days I could give some actual proof of concept that it works.

18 hours ago, ADour said:

I gotta admit I know I could spend 140 elsewhere, but the figure on its own just looks very promising and leagues better than any other MK 85 figure save Hot Toys. However, I'll wait until I see a couple of reviews before ordering it.

For a cheaper alternative for the accessories, I'd suggest you to buy the ZD Toys Iron Man MK 85 from AliExpress (from this listing in specific). It comes with the lightning refocuser, two arm cannons and a hand with the Infinity Stones. I've seen one person on Instagram mod their ML MK 85 to plug the refocuser (but I plan to wing it with sticky tack), and the hand is the same one from the Marvel Legends, which fits on the ML MK 85 no problem.

I have that figure coming my way, so I in a few days I could give some actual proof of concept that it works.

If you could share pics to help sell me the idea when you get it, it would be greatly appreciated

• 9 months later...

Shown below are new official images for the upcoming MAFEX Avengers Endgame Iron Man MK-85 figure from Medicom which is due out in August. This figure has 3 headsculpts (Helmet, faceplate up and unmasked), multiple hands including two versions of the nano gauntlet which have now been added to the figure. One open and one snapping. Besides that the figure has the bladed weapon, back lighting reactor, hand cannons and energy shield. Check out the images below. You can pre-order this figure now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-01.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-02.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-03.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-04.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-05.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-06.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-07.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-08.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-09.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-10.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-11.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-12.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-13.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-14.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-15.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-16.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-17.jpg

MAFEX-Endgame-Iron-Man-18.jpg

I have to admit that now I'm really impressed with the assortment of accessories in this figure. The two alternate heads and the hands with the Infinity Stones really make a difference. However, I have to admit I'm a bit torn whether I wish or not they had made a separate "I am Iron Man" version like Figuarts did, since the recreation of the scene would be more faithful with some battle damage.

The price is a steep, but I can't say I'm not tempted. However, for $140 I could buy two of the Iron Man / Thanos 2-packs, keep one of the Iron Man figures mint, repaint the other with metallic paint, and even sell the second Thanos to cushion the expenses. Still, I can't deny that this figure looks like it's going to be the best Iron Man MK 85 in its scale. However, for that same reason I might still pass on it. If Mafex's MK 85 looks this good, I can't imagine what would a MK 50 by them look like. And a Mafex MK 50 is one I would definitely not pass off in favor of its Hasbro counterpart.