20th Century Fox X-Men Movie Marvel Legends Mystique 6" Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new 20th Century Fox X-Men Movie Marvel Legends 6" Mystique figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-01.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-02.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-03.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-04.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-05.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-06.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-07.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-08.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-09.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-10.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-11.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-12.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-13.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-14.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-15.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-16.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-17.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-18.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-19.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-20.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-21.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-22.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-23.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-24.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-25.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-26.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-27.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-28.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-29.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-30.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-31.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-32.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-33.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-34.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-35.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-36.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-37.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-38.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-39.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-40.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-41.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-42.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-43.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-44.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-45.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-46.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-47.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-48.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-49.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-50.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-51.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-52.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-53.JPG

X-Men-Movie-Mystique-54.JPG

The extra “normal” arm is a wasted opportunity. This speaks less to her powers than anything they have tried yet. The awesome half Rogue/ half Mystique the comic version got was spot on. Will not be using this accessory.

as a whole, the movie design is ok, doesn’t hold up in my opinion but I will be getting as I am a movie figure mark.

just love what different reviewers do with pics. That arm with Wolverine claws is a thing of brilliance. If anything could get me to use that worthless arm this is it

edit: also, I never realized how sexy Charles Xavier was until I saw that pic of his head on Mystiques body... I feel so ashamed 😁

3 hours ago, McHogan said:

The extra “normal” arm is a wasted opportunity. This speaks less to her powers than anything they have tried yet. The awesome half Rogue/ half Mystique the comic version got was spot on. Will not be using this accessory.

as a whole, the movie design is ok, doesn’t hold up in my opinion but I will be getting as I am a movie figure mark.

just love what different reviewers do with pics. That arm with Wolverine claws is a thing of brilliance. If anything could get me to use that worthless arm this is it

edit: also, I never realized how sexy Charles Xavier was until I saw that pic of his head on Mystiques body... I feel so ashamed 😁

Yeah the normal changing arm doesn't make much sense on its own, if they had included a matching Raven head, then maybe

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

Yes, a real waste...funny how shartimus teased about other body parts that should become flesh like 😄

9 hours ago, McHogan said:

I woulda loved a Jen Lawrence version alternate head sculpt with this, but I can just imagine it might have been a bit harder to come by her likeness rights than Rebecca Romijn at this point. This leads me to a question. As I always understood it, once a actor agrees to play a role in a production company's project (such as Fox), does the production company not own the rights to that actor's appearance as they appear in the film while playing that companies film? I'm pretty versed in copyright law, and to me it seems pretty cut and dry, but I keep hearing a lot about the difficulty of retaining actors likeness rights in toy production. To me it looks like Fox owned the X-Men movies, which owned the way the characters as they appeared in said movies, then Disney bought Fox and obtained all their properties, so to me, Disney should have all the rights to allow Hasbro to use whatever character likenesses they want. Right? Just wondering if anyone has any further insight just to clear that up.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

I woulda loved a Jen Lawrence version alternate head sculpt with this, but I can just imagine it might have been a bit harder to come by her likeness rights than Rebecca Romijn at this point. This leads me to a question. As I always understood it, once a actor agrees to play a role in a production company's project (such as Fox), does the production company not own the rights to that actor's appearance as they appear in the film while playing that companies film? I'm pretty versed in copyright law, and to me it seems pretty cut and dry, but I keep hearing a lot about the difficulty of retaining actors likeness rights in toy production. To me it looks like Fox owned the X-Men movies, which owned the way the characters as they appeared in said movies, then Disney bought Fox and obtained all their properties, so to me, Disney should have all the rights to allow Hasbro to use whatever character likenesses they want. Right? Just wondering if anyone has any further insight just to clear that up.

As far as I know and going from some other figures and other media, the actor always owns the rights to their likeness and voice and it cannot be used without the actors permission, even if they are playing a character.

Didn't think I was gonna pick this up but it was calling out to me when I saw her in-store, I love the scales, and the face likeness is spot on.

Plus she's priced the same as a regular Marvel Legends figure ($29.97 Cdn), I was anticipating it would be marked up similar to the "Alex Ross" Thor/Iron Man/Cap.

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

As far as I know and going from some other figures and other media, the actor always owns the rights to their likeness and voice and it cannot be used without the actors permission, even if they are playing a character.

Sadly, not true. Really, it all depends on the contract said actor signs. Stan Laurel famously signed away all rights, including likeness rights, for his and Oliver Hardy's Laurel and Hardy act to Larry Harmon back in the day.

On the same token, for years there were several episodes of "The New Scooby Doo Movies" that couldn't be released on DVD because the celebrities who appeared in those episodes (or their rights holders) wouldn't re-up for a DVD release (like Sandy Duncan was doing anything better).

It's all about the contracts. That's why every actor has to have a good agent, and a better showbiz lawyer in their stable.