What Toy Biz Marvel Legends Figure Might Hasbro Update For 2020?

JayC

12 hours ago, ransomz said:

I've been asking for an improved Toad almost since he came out in the first wave. He didn't have knees or elbows and was too big. That alternate line he was designed for was 7 inch scale. I'm hoping we get another X-Men wave this year. AoA Sabertooth seems like the best bet, but I want Toad, Master Mind, Deathbird, M and a decent Cannonball. I also really want a well done First Appearance X-Men team.

Which Mastermind? Could he just have swappable heads or do his clothes also alternate between dumpy and debonair? 

I've heard poor reviews of the O5 boxset. What was wrong with them?

With the recent release of the Rogue and Pyro 2 pack I'm hoping for some more Brotherhood representation. Say maybe like a Avalanche & Banshee pack or Blob and Longshot. They're all kinda random, but not anymore than the Roge/Pyro pack, I suppose. Ultimately what I see happening is probably some Excalibur characters. Mostly based on a comment by one of the team that the Moonstone buck will be used 2 times before year's end. Sounds like a possible Meggan figure to me.

At this point I have no actual inkling. Pretty much everything to this point this year has been a complete surprise. But, if I had my choices I would like Deathstrike as the one that TB did, but Hasbro has yet to do. I would like US Agent to be the one that may or may not have been done by Hasbro before (that's a hellova clue, huh?) and Bonebreaker to be the one that's never been done before. Of course, you could read anything into those clues and speculate as hard as you want, such as Toad, Tigra and Jocasta, or Howard the Duck and Marrow.

I'm just more exited for ML than I can remember being in the previous years, and that's during an abbreviated year. I've gotta give Hasbro it's credit for the shuffling they've done this year and what they're doing to keep the interest fresh.

I love my Marvel Monsters! If the focal point is to have a modern approach, I'd not choose them. Of course, a reissue would be great so that others can acquire this awesome, and truly legendary, set. In terms of un update no doubt I'd vote for Toad!!!

13 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

HEY JC, when will the next update on Marvel Legends be?  Wondering what we should expect through December, as well as anything planned for 2021.

the next reveal will be on Monday 6/9 for Marvel Monday, unless they suddenly announce a livestream before then.

11 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Which Mastermind? Could he just have swappable heads or do his clothes also alternate between dumpy and debonair? 

I've heard poor reviews of the O5 boxset. What was wrong with them?

That boxset was indeed a disaster. Sloppy paints, incorrect body molds (they used adult figures even though the X-Men were supposed to be teens at that point), wonky eyes, woof. The figure they used for Iceman was a joke....worst offender, Angel's wings. The detailing was nice, but....No articulation whatsoever, just a solid piece of plastic slapped on his back. I've seen listings on ebay going from $25.00-40.00. Frankly cant imagine any sane person paying for this but, to each his own.

I don't think its too unlikely that these will be redone at some point...an improved, updated, more accurate set; probably not in a box set but as a wave, along with some of the other characters from the earlier X-Men days. Maybe even including the first appearance Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Like I said in the other thread, if these are for this year and they are releasing it this year, the likelihood of it being a X-men figure is low. I think they said something about them being done with X-men for the year, given how much they did with the 20th Anni line as well as the DP wave the other wave. If anything, these are hints for the Avengers Gamerverse wave and maybe the few Marvel Monday reveals, which looks to be highly likely to be more Avengers.

13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I'm pretty sure its 100% Jennifer Garner, Elektra

Nah Dolph Lundgren Punisher 2pack with Lou Gosset Jr. as Berkowitz 100%, it's a Bed Bath & Beyond exclusive, only available through 2 different pre-pre-orders and mandatory bot purchases only

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Nah Dolph Lundgren Punisher 2pack with Lou Gosset Jr. as Berkowitz 100%, it's a Bed Bath & Beyond exclusive, only available through 2 different pre-pre-orders and mandatory bot purchases only

Well now youre just being ridiculous. Bed Bath went out of business already. Although what would you think of a Lundgren/Jane/Bernthal 3pack? He's (Jon) not part of toybiz but still I think there might be some hard-core collectors out there that would go for it.

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

That boxset was indeed a disaster. Sloppy paints, incorrect body molds (they used adult figures even though the X-Men were supposed to be teens at that point), wonky eyes, woof. The figure they used for Iceman was a joke....worst offender, Angel's wings. The detailing was nice, but....No articulation whatsoever, just a solid piece of plastic slapped on his back. I've seen listings on ebay going from $25.00-40.00. Frankly cant imagine any sane person paying for this but, to each his own.

I don't think its too unlikely that these will be redone at some point...an improved, updated, more accurate set; probably not in a box set but as a wave, along with some of the other characters from the earlier X-Men days. Maybe even including the first appearance Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Eh, they weren't that bad. Angel's wings are under-articulated and too small, Beast's wrists don't swivel, and Iceman is, uh, interesting, but the paint was actually nice. They used an orange wash on the yellow parts of the outfits to give them some depth. When I look at the flat yellow plastic on Strong Guy, I wish they'd've done anything remotely similar. They painted the blue on Cyclops from the Dark Phoenix two-pack for depth too, where it was equally effective, so maybe only Toys-'R'-Us exclusives were allowed painted depth on swathes of flat colour. Mostly the set just suffers from being boring, monotonous costumes from an unreadable era of the X-Men (the 60s, I mean, but the All-New X-Men Bendis story got old pretty fast too). Anyway, the listings on eBay for $25 to $40 are for just the box (unless you're talking about invdividual figures), and the complete boxset pretty routinely sells for nearly $200. I had to hustle pretty hard to get it for around $100 a year or two back. Not my favourite purchase, but fine to stick at the back in the name of completionism.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Well now youre just being ridiculous. Bed Bath went out of business already. Although what would you think of a Lundgren/Jane/Bernthal 3pack? He's (Jon) not part of toybiz but still I think there might be some hard-core collectors out there that would go for it.

well yes ridiculous indeed, but a commentary more so on the poorly handled exclusives... but in all fact and jokes aside I'd actually love the heck out of a Lundgren Punisher I'd take it any way , I actually like that movie, sorta always thought that unpainted head sculpt with the dark eyes and 5 o lock shadow on the fan channel Punisher was sorta spiritually channeling Lundgren.. could be crazy though

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

well yes ridiculous indeed, but a commentary more so on the poorly handled exclusives... but in all fact and jokes aside I'd actually love the heck out of a Lundgren Punisher I'd take it any way , I actually like that movie, sorta always thought that unpainted head sculpt with the dark eyes and 5 o lock shadow on the fan channel Punisher was sorta spiritually channeling Lundgren.. could be crazy though

Yes, I was indeed joking. I remember seeing the Dolph Punisher on some obscure channel and at first I had no idea what it was, till they went to commercial break and flashed the logo, which was exactly what they used in his Limited Series. But the skull topped knives and lurking in the sewer threw me till I watched more and realized, "hey its the Punisher"! Its not at all my cup of tea but I do know some other collectors, who, like you, would probably be into a Lundgren figure.

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

It's definitely not just you!  I saw it too, and I think I commented on it here and someone told me I was imagining things.  I would buy a Lundgren movie Punisher so hard.

15 hours ago, leokearon said:

It would be nice to have a chance to get a flamed on Torch, but it is probably unlikely (except maybe it's a Jim Hammond)

doesn’t seem unlikely at all to me. lots of folks were upset that the Walgreen’s Torch didn’t match classic portrayal of the rest of the Walgreen’s team. Also, flame on is the Bucky cap mold & flame off is the sunfire mold. ?. And yes even more likely, they’d add a Jim Hammond head in there too. 1shot2kills.