X-Men 20th Anniversary Marvel Legends Rogue & Pyro 2-Pack Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new X-Men 20th Anniversary Marvel Legends Rogue & Pyro 2-pack from Hasbro. You can purchase this set from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for thise set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-10.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-11.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-12.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-13.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Pyro-14.JPG

Yay, it arrived earlier than I expected. Thankfully none of that "so exclusive no one can get it" nonsense.

I know that at one time she was part of the Brotherhood, so teaming her with Pyro I guess makes sense, but not in this outfit. Nevertheless its a good figure. Doesnt hold a candle to her emerald green & yellow bomber jacket Juggy wave figure, but I'm glad I got it.

The scarf I'm sure will see re-use once they do the original Ms. Marvel (!) and even better, they got rid of the spindly legs for this one. Holy cow! Finally, legs that belong on a woman instead of an undernourished teen.

The torso looks like its been re-used but it all still works. The only thing is arms look a little odd, too skinny for this body, but I can ignore that. I like that they went with white and didnt try to give it a "wash". That alt head looks like it would make a good start for Madame Hydra.

I must agree with Benn, this Rogue figure IMO is way better than the previous ML version. This and the Pyro figure are masterpieces. I really want the Pyro figure but would spend the cash for both if I could right now. Regretably I can't get this right now because of previous orders pending. I will have to live vicariously through those of you who have or have ordered this set already. Maybe one day I will be able to get it if the price is still right and there are any left. Meanwhile I am not opposed to someone setting me up a go fund me page. Thanks

I want pyro for the brotherhood and could care less about this version of rogue however I m really not digging this new pyro look. Something about him just doesnt look right, maybe too bulky, or might be the giant toad like mouth he has. All I know is he looks off.. also the lack of cool flame effects coming from his actual hoses instead of his hands. 😕 maybe on sale i ll grab this. maybe. 

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I want pyro for the brotherhood and could care less about this version of rogue however I m really not digging this new pyro look. Something about him just doesnt look right, maybe too bulky, or might be the giant toad like mouth he has. All I know is he looks off.. also the lack of cool flame effects coming from his actual hoses instead of his hands. 😕 maybe on sale i ll grab this. maybe. 

I like the figure but he definitely is too jacked, especially since artists have gone out of their way to make sure he looked much skinnier. This build would look better on Iron Fist.

Why they didnt give him effects especially for the hoses is weird, because theyre hollowed out so that you could insert something in there. His particular schtick is creating constructs from fire, so it wouldve been nice to include something like that.

One thing, the whole backpack/cowl piece is removable, so if anyone wanted to customize a slimmer buck, this would slide right on.

Looking at it from the onset I thought Pyro looked weird on that Sunfire buck. Of all the times it was appropriate to use the Pizza Spidey buck, this was it. No way should Pyro be as jacked as Shang Chi or Moon Knight. Not only does it take away from his look, it also takes from his back story. I know most of us know who Pyro is but maybe not so many know why he is and why his friendship with Blob is so crucial to his character. Basically Pyro was the prototypical 90 pound weakling with an overbearing helicopter mom that no one respected or even noticed and Blob was the fat loser that no one liked and no one cared about, so when the two met they immediately found a kinship in being outcasts from society, but realizing they had the power and strength they created a pact to take revenge on the society that reviled them, even before they knew they were mutants.

The face sculpt is great, but the decision to use this buck was really bad. The Rogue is great. I actually love the snarling face. The mold they used is also perfection. It's a skinnier on than the Moonstone buck previously used, which is fine because that it how the art is drawn, but how great is it that they didn't give her those bony ayass Kate Bishop legs? If this is the "new" female buck they were coming out with I think it's a winner.

10 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Not too interested in the Rogue but I do want Pyro to add to the Brotherhood display. Hopefully secondary prices won't be crazy on him. Out of curiosity how many collectors bought this set for both, just Rogue, or just Pyro?

Just got it for Pyro, Rogue is gonna go up on ebay soon as I get her outta the package. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
27 minutes ago, tarot said:

that's a different costume. Similar but it's not the same costume. 

i know but i can't imagine hasbro is going try to pump out another verision with only a slight variation to this one.  So this is what i'll be using it for. 

29 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Negative. That's just an all star team merge of faves from both teams to generate sales. G don't play that.

"Gator don't play that sh*t." lol 

Got this set mainly for Pyro. I was hoping Rogue would be worth keeping - after I got the set, well for me she isn't worth keeping. Don't like either face sculpt, she looks - old - I guess. I like the classic comic figure much better. 

I agree with others who commented that Pyro is too muscular, but I still like the scale and detail better than the Toy Biz offering so for me he's a keeper. I don't like that they released them as a two pack set - really no need to.