X-Men 20th Anniversary Marvel Legends Rogue & Pyro 2-Pack Video Review And Images

JayC

8 minutes ago, Typhis said:

So has BBTS always jacked the price up for their stuff??? Stuff seems to cost more...it'll cost me $10 more to order from them...

Though it sometimes takes a bit longer to get your product...I prefer Dorkside Toys for ordering.  

1 hour ago, Typhis said:

So has BBTS always jacked the price up for their stuff??? Stuff seems to cost more...it'll cost me $10 more to order from them...

I stopped buying from BBTS on just about anything. They do jack up their msrp prices on legends which irks me but also they take what feels like years to get to you. I also never liked their shipping prices. I get a figure and its a good chunk extra on top. Unless BBTS is the only other place that has what im looking for in stock, I prefer amazon anymore. 

Love this set, I think this Rogue is amazing, finally a nice body mold, the face looks great, everything is tip top here for me, I always was a fan of this Look for her, Pyro is really nice to me as well I have no problem with him being on a bigger buck, I know he was depicted skinnier a lot of the time, but I remember him being a bit more muscular and I think this works for me, I honestly was pleasently surprised they put Pyro on this buck.. I would have expected the skinny benny leg buck, like Pizza Spidey or something.. glad it's not that one, because I kinda hate it these days

spacer.pngspacer.png

this is generally how I remember Pyro , so it's fair enough he's got some more muscle

close enough. She will be in that  Uncanny Avengers group if I ever decide to display that team.

However like mentioned above the team was an obvious cash grab. I binged the series while working from home (hehheh) and while the first arc was entertaining the rest of the series didn’t hold up. So apparently Havoc and Wasp have a family?!? Haven’t seen this mentioned literally ANY where else, hate when storylines that could have major impact on characters are dropped as soon as a writer leaves or a book is canceled.

I grabbed this two pack for Rogue, unsure if I’ll be keeping Pyro. Maybe this board should start a thread for splitting the cost of these box sets, sounds like it is 50/50 for who is keeping each

9 hours ago, nieman257 said:

I like that they used the thick legs for Rogue. About damn time. The face is growing on me based on these pics, but they really effed up with the accessories. Unless she goes on kissing everyone, how is she supposed to use her powers?

And Pyro (aside from being way too bulky) needed an extendable plug-in fire effect

I wonder if a flame thrower effect could be plugged into it. Say from a Mandalorian or Boba Fett figure.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

close enough. She will be in that  Uncanny Avengers group if I ever decide to display that team.

However like mentioned above the team was an obvious cash grab. I binged the series while working from home (hehheh) and while the first arc was entertaining the rest of the series didn’t hold up. So apparently Havoc and Wasp have a family?!? Haven’t seen this mentioned literally ANY where else, hate when storylines that could have major impact on characters are dropped as soon as a writer leaves or a book is canceled.

I grabbed this two pack for Rogue, unsure if I’ll be keeping Pyro. Maybe this board should start a thread for splitting the cost of these box sets, sounds like it is 50/50 for who is keeping each

Personally I enjoyed uncanny avengers up until the axis event which I felt was a flop. I especially liked how Remender followed up on plot lines & characters from uncanny x-force.

As far as the team being all-stars, I’ll grant that Thor, cap, and wolvie fit the bill, maybe rogue. But is Havok an all-star? Wonder man? Sunfire? I guess I just appreciated mixing up the two teams, made it feel a little fresher than just adding a couple of newbies to a more traditional avengers roster. 

i do like both figures in this pack but $50 seems a little steep. I’ve been trying to hold out as I think a solo Rogue figure is coming and while I like pyro I can probably live without him. Still, I may end up picking up this 2-pack at some point, especially if we don’t hear about another rogue in the next few weeks

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

Yeah, the two got married and had a daughter Katie, which Kang later stole as aprt of a deal. Immortus later appeared to the couple and said they could get her back a t the right time. However Havok got inverted and that was the end of the relationship. The whole thing has been dropped/retconned, since in Unstoppable Wasp, Jan says she never had kids

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, the two got married and had a daughter Katie, which Kang later stole as aprt of a deal. Immortus later appeared to the couple and said they could get her back a t the right time. However Havok got inverted and that was the end of the relationship. The whole thing has been dropped/retconned, since in Unstoppable Wasp, Jan says she never had kids

Crap like this is just another of the many reasons that the comic book industry is on life support. 

5 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

So what's everyone's preferred looks for Avalanche? Toad? Post those pics!

Avalanche is a no brainer, his classic 1st app look! I really could give a poop bout Toad to tell the truth. Guy would last all of 3 seconds in a brawl with just bout anyone this side of Aunt May.

a41e5b785efbd770e8928990e79ca467--avalan

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

DIdn't Secret Wars occur after this?  With the destruction of the entire marvel multiverse, followed by Doom recreating a battle world to his own liking, followed by a 'restored' 616  (but with Miles Morales & family added in, and Reed, Sue and kids out of 616 and instead creating new universes).... felt like that gave writers an excuse to ignore continuity they didn't like.  Although i've only read a handful of marvel comics after that so i'm not sure if other continuty adjustments occurred that would give more credence to this theory.  

On topic, i agree a classic Avalanche who's look is similar to the one in his FA would be best, altho tbh i don't think he's ever really looked cool.   And yeah i could care less about Toad... i'd rather get figures for Throg  or Frogman.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

If we are only going to get one version of any character, I vote that it should always be their Classic and/or most Iconic version. I can appreciate have deep closet of different uniforms for characters, but it's not necessary. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5cdf9bfc8e88a3ede541fa9b51e89b7b.jpeg

9 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

So what's everyone's preferred looks for Avalanche? Toad? Post those pics!

spacer.png

90s Brotherhood Toad. Not picky on specific details. Sometimes his frock and boots are more green, sometimes more purple; sometimes his whole jumpsuit is orange, sometimes he has a purple leotard; sometimes he has gloves, etc.

spacer.png

80s original appearance, pre-Freedom Force, no big 'A' Avalanche. I know he often has the big 'A' on his chest or on his belt, but it's corny, and he didn't have it originally. I couldn't find a better picture without the 'A', though, but this is also more or less how he looked in the animated series.

More than either of them, though, who I really want is Destiny.

spacer.png

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
9 minutes ago, Benn said:

spacer.png

90s Brotherhood Toad. Not picky on specific details. Sometimes his frock and boots are more green, sometimes more purple; sometimes his whole jumpsuit is orange, sometimes he has a purple leotard; sometimes he has gloves, etc.

spacer.png

80s original appearance, pre-Freedom Force, no big 'A' Avalanche. I know he often has the big 'A' on his chest or on his belt, but it's corny, and he didn't have it originally. I couldn't find a better picture without the 'A', though, but his is also more or less how he looked in the animated series.

More than either of them, though, who I really want is Destiny.

spacer.png

Although i appreciate your opinion i feel like comic books in General are known for the far out corniness. We have a bunch of egotistical jocks with special abilities who are dressed in tight fitting vibrantly colored spandex running around fighting each other for control. Doesn't get more corny than that if you asked me.  I just like getting figures of the designs i see most in comics the most often. 

I wouldn't be mad with the 'A', but I'd rather it not be there. He didn't have it in his early Brotherhood appearances, which is the team I'd most want him for (not as interested in Freedom Force), and he didn't have it for the animated series, which is also a big nostalgia pool for a lot of people. I don't know. Comics are nothing if not overdramatic, but I always thought letter logos were just a little too silly. Apocalypse and Super Man get passes, and maybe Wonder Man does too, but it usually just feels like lazy design; like the artist couldn't think of a cool costume design or representative symbol, so they just defaulted to slapping on the character's first initial. Puck is the worst offender, but Avalanche's 'A' feels extra silly because they already had a cool costume and just added it anyway. Again, not a dealbreaker. Obviously 'X' logos get a pass too, because it's a team signifier for a team name that doesn't have a lot to work with.

7 hours ago, Benn said:

spacer.png

Is that new spidey buck able to crouch like that? I hope so!

I doubt Wild Child is (he's the only one I haven't acquired from that wave).