X-Men 20th Anniversary Marvel Legends Rogue & Pyro 2-Pack Video Review And Images

JayC

10 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Given that this is my favourite Rogue look, it saddens me to see so many are just going to sell it when they get it

That's just people talking out their arses. Nobody with a sensical bone in their body bought that set just for the Pyro and to sell a Rogue figure unless they have multiples or they can get big dollars for it, or both. I bought multiples with the intention of keeping one set MIB, but if the price is right I would be willing to part with one of them.

39 minutes ago, monron999 said:

That's just people talking out their arses. Nobody with a sensical bone in their body bought that set just for the Pyro and to sell a Rogue figure unless they have multiples or they can get big dollars for it, or both. I bought multiples with the intention of keeping one set MIB, but if the price is right I would be willing to part with one of them.

I could see people only wanting the Pyro and buying this to avoid possible scalper prices with the hopes of selling the Rogue to reclaim some of the cost. But given the amount of people that seem not to want Rogue, it seems unlikely they will be able to get much for it and eBay will probably be flooded with Legacy Rogues.

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

I could see people only wanting the Pyro and buying this to avoid possible scalper prices with the hopes of selling the Rogue to reclaim some of the cost. But given the amount of people that seem not to want Rogue, it seems unlikely they will be able to get much for it and eBay will probably be flooded with Legacy Rogues.

I bought this specifically for Pyro. That version of Rogue means a hill of beans to me. Same for the Nimrod 3 pack , just bought it for him, the other 2 will be up on ebay the night I get em.

27 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I bought this specifically for Pyro. That version of Rogue means a hill of beans to me. Same for the Nimrod 3 pack , just bought it for him, the other 2 will be up on ebay the night I get em.

You beat me to the punch. I was just about to say the people who bought the Rogue/Pyro set for Pyro only are the same people who bought the Psylocke/Nimrod/Fantomex set for Nimrod only. I personally don't understand it. I mean, it's not like the Psylocke, Rogue and Fantomex are straight reissues. They are more modernized versions of figures characters they've done before. Getting rid of this version of Rogue simply because you have a "better" version is just so alien to me. They're two different figures. Same with Psylocke. Yes, it's all just a paint swap scam, but it is a more modern version of my "favorite" one. And though the Fantomex is really similar to the older one it is an upgrade to today's standard of ML. To me it's like tossing out the Classic Venom figure (which is really garbage) just because you prefer the Monster Venom. To each their own I suppose. I don't doubt you'll have a shortage of takers on Ebay.

Eh, they're expensive  sets, can't blame people for trying to sell off some of the figures to recoup some $$.  I'm assuming that people selling off Rogue already have "their" version of Rogue in figure form , be it Jugg wave or Marvel Select.  Similar for Psylocke, altho in that instance they may not be happy with either this version OR the apoc wave one (seem to be lots of folks unhappy with that figure for one reason or another).  Fantomex is way below the popularity of Rogue or Betsy so even though its an improved figure i could see a lot of people selling them off.  

Of course, in theory this should work out well for people who only want Rogue or Betsy or Fantomex, but at least on ebay the prices sellers are asking usually make it more worthwhile to simply go buy the whole set anyhow.  Perhaps its a different story if selling within a contained community like a facebook group, etc. 

Let's be honest, both Rogue and Pyro would've sold well as $20 solo carded figures, asking $50 for the pair feels greedy. At least with the other set if you assume Fantomex and Psylocke valued at $20 apiece, $40 is not unreasonable for a BAF-sized character like Nimrod.

Yea bought the two-pack but keeping both Rogue and Pyro, and although I was never a fan of this costume, it’s still Rogue, and I’m a Rogue fanboy so I’m keeping her.

Bought the Nimrod three-pack and keeping Nimrod and Psylocke. Also not a fan of this Betsy costume but it’s a character I like. Absolutely getting rid of Fantomex (selling to a friend for less than MSRP) because I don’t get the appeal of the character at all, and I actually read Morrison’s New X-Men run. Fantomex just gives me bad visuals of Igor Kordey’s terrible art. Did Frank Quitely draw him as well? Oh gawd. Double whammy *shudder*

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 10:31 AM, EvilHayato said:

I stopped buying from BBTS on just about anything. They do jack up their msrp prices on legends which irks me but also they take what feels like years to get to you. I also never liked their shipping prices. I get a figure and its a good chunk extra on top. Unless BBTS is the only other place that has what im looking for in stock, I prefer amazon anymore. 

Yeah I too have seen $20.00 items on their site with a delivery charge of $12.00-14.00 and that doesn't work for me. BBTS is ok but I use Amazon and also Megalopolis a bit.