Future Haslab Ideas

tarot

Well you knew this was coming. After the incredible success of the Sentinel, making nearly 4 times the amount that they needed to back it, Hasbro will obviously try and do another one in a year or 2. So let's give them Idea on what we want from them. For this you have to:

• give the Giant figure you want AND a standard figure. (IE the Sentinel and Bastion/Prime Sentinel). This has to be related in some way to the Giant, but can just be the same theme.
  • Next you have to give 3 Tiers of extras. NO MORE then 3 to make it fair. 
  • First of those tiers has to be a swappable head, which can be a different character or a different costume (IE. Mastermold or the Damage Sentinel)
  • Second Tier has to be another standard figure that has to be related to the Giant
  • Third can be anything that is related to the Giant. It can be another swappable head or another standard figure
  • You can have up to 5 wishes.

You can use this template as an example:

• (Giant Character) 
    • (The standard figure that will come with it regardless of Tiers)
    • TIER 1
      • (Swappable Head) 
    • TIER 2
      • Extra Standard Figure
    • TIER 3
      • Anything related to the Giant

Heres Mine:

1. Galactus - this is obviously be a much bigger figure and thus will be more expensive.
    • Silver Surfer - obvious that Galactus would come with his most famous herald. If they want to make him different go for the Black Silver Surfer design
    • TIER 1
      • Skull head for the F4 Abarax storyline
    • TIER 2
      • Nova 
    • TIER 3
      • Air-Walker
  2. Giant man - Hank Pym earlier costume the same size as the Sentinel figure
    • First Appearance Wasp for an obvious inclusion
    • TIER 1
      • Raz swappable head to make it appealing to those that want a new character. Won't be the exact design but it would be close
    • TIER 2
      • Nadia Wasp
    • TIER 3
      • Ant-man swappable head
  3. Leopardon - This one is for the spidey fan. if it transforms the better
    • Teoi's Spider-man
    • TIER 1
      • Battle Damaged head
    • TIER 2
      • Spider-kid from the Spider-megeddon
    • TIER 3
      • The car that he rode in the show
  4. Infinity
    • Doctor Strange in his masked form
    • TIER 1
      • Doctor Doom's head when he rule the multiverse in Secret Wars.
    • TIER 2
      • Death
    • TIER 3
      • Can't think of any thing else
  5. Surtur
    • Thor
  • TIER 1
    • Earlier Surtur
  • TIER 2
    • Cyndr
  • TIER 3
    • Odin-sword.

I guess Galactus is the automatic assumption, but to me the size is still so inaccurate (even if it was the size of your house) that I'd pass it by altogether. All the other massive cosmic characters like Eternity, Watchers, Celestials, The Living Tribunal and such would be in the same boat. To me, the only characters that make any sense in this scale or a similar scale are Giant Man, Goliath, Atlas, Stature and the Frost Giants.

Giant Man (Modern) - about as big as the sentinel comes with updated 6” Giant Man figure with a Hank & Raz head
• Tier 1 - Raz Malhotra head

• Tier 2 - 10” Giant Man 

• Tier 3 - Captain Ultra

Atlas (Erik Josten) - same as Giant Man comes with a 6” Atlas

• Tier 1 - Moonstone 

•Tier 2 - 10” Atlas 

Tier 3 - Jolt

Goliath (Bill Foster) (Modern) - same as the two above with 6” Goliath 

• Tier 1 - Tom Foster head 

• Tier 2 - 10” Goliath 

• Tier 3 - Thor Clone 

Wasp (Nadia) - same as the ones above with 6” Wasp

• Tier 1 - unmasked head 

• Tier 2 - 10” Wasp

•Tier 3 - her friends in G.I.R.L. Labs 

Yellowjacket - same as the rest with 6” Yellowjacket

•Tier 1 - unmasked head 

•Tier 2 - 10” Yellowjacket 

•Tier 3 - Small version of Yellowjacket and a Wasp and a 6” Rita Yellowjacket 

Ant-Man (Scott) -upscale from two-Pack comes with a Grizzly figure and Machinesmith 

•Tier 1- unmasked head 

•Tier 2- small version of Ant-Man with ant attachments

• Tier 3 - Swarm & Egghead 

Stinger (Cassie) - upscale version of her 6” figure comes with America Chavez

•Tier 1 - Unmasked head & domino mask

•Tier 2 - smaller version and some ants 

•Tier 3- Death’s Head V & updated Kate Bishop with more arrows and heads 

Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) w/ HellCharger 

•Tier 1 - Hellstrom & Satana

• Tier 2 - Attachable gate of hell that can fit in the trunk 

• Tier 3 - Gabe Reyes

Great topic! I love the ideas I've seen so far.

• Galactus - this is the one I want most of all. I would be happy if he was 36 inches tall, but for practical considerations, I would be okay if he topped off closer to 30 or 32 inches.
    • Firelord - I already have a Silver Surfer that I'm happy with and I don't like Nova so Firelord is the 6-inch Herald of Galactus I would most prefer. 
      • TIER 1
        • Interchangeable head with angry face
      • TIER 2
        • Power Cosmic - energy effect like Kirby Crackle that can come out of his hands, entwine around herald or other 6-inch figure.
      • TIER 3
        • Air Walker

• Mangog - I don't see this being quite as tall as the Sentinel, especially with its hunched back. Probably in the 20 to 23 inch range.
    • Odin (Kirby style)
      • TIER 1
        • The Allfather's throne - the king needs a place to sit
      • TIER 2
        • Odin's ravens, Huginn and Muninn - can perch on his throne
      • TIER 3
        • Lady Sif - Kirby style, white and magenta costume

I would like to get in on these but I cannot justify the price tag they have for the Sentinel.

If they can get that down (I don't see them doing that since they saw the consumers' willingness to go up already) Id be in for:

Goliath (Hank Pym, Avengers late '60s era, red with blue panels outfit) 

Goliath 6"

• TIER 1
    • (Swappable Hank Unmasked Head,  6" Ant-Man (swappable 6" Hank & Scott heads) with removable helmet
  • TIER 2
    • Yellowjacket, Wasp (either current black/yellow outfit or 60s era red/yellow outfit) AND 4" versions
  • TIER 3
    • Ultron 7", energy effects

go.jpg

What I want to see actually isn't a giant figure, but would still have to be a Haslab project to exist. Behold.

• Phalanx Modular BAF Army-Builder Set (an army-builder-in-a-box, made up of a modular system of BAF parts that could be combined in myriad ways to create a huge variety of grotesque and misshapen transmode-infected monsters; it should come with a variety of torsos, many of which could feature extra neck pegs strategically positioned at various points around the shoulders, chest, etc., and two or three times that number of heads, as well as a variety of tendrils and variously shaped objects that could attach to those neck pegs, the legs and arms should adjoin to those torsos the way most BAF legs do, plugging into shoulders or thighs in easily removable and rotatable ways, and there should be a variety of limb extensions available so that you could link two or three pieces together to make weird elongated or misshapen limbs)
    • Cameron Hodge (modifiable using the limb extensions that come with the rest of the set)
    • TIER 1
      • a variety of weird alternate objects to replace some of the hands, not unlike Warlock's sawblade hand, with bonus points for additional Warlock compatibility
    • TIER 2
      • Harvest
    • TIER 3
      • Magus (also compatible with much of the set) / Douglock

21 hours ago, Benn said:

What I want to see actually isn't a giant figure, but would still have to be a Haslab project to exist. Behold.

• Phalanx Modular BAF Army-Builder Set (an army-builder-in-a-box, made up of a modular system of BAF parts that could be combined in myriad ways to create a huge variety of grotesque and misshapen transmode-infected monsters; it should come with a variety of torsos, many of which could feature extra neck pegs strategically positioned at various points around the shoulders, chest, etc., and two or three times that number of heads, as well as a variety of tendrils and variously shaped objects that could attach to those neck pegs, the legs and arms should adjoin to those torsos the way most BAF legs do, plugging into shoulders or thighs in easily removable and rotatable ways, and there should be a variety of limb extensions available so that you could link two or three pieces together to make weird elongated or misshapen limbs)
    • Cameron Hodge (modifiable using the limb extensions that come with the rest of the set)
    • TIER 1
      • a variety of weird alternate objects to replace some of the hands, not unlike Warlock's sawblade hand, with bonus points for additional Warlock compatibility
    • TIER 2
      • Harvest
    • TIER 3
      • Magus (also compatible with much of the set) / Douglock

I really love this idea!

But I wanted to say I think Hasbro's next Haslab shouldn't be a figure but a Playset... How about the X-Mansion or Avengers Mansion, Baxter Building or perhaps SHEILD hellicarrier?

For those suggestions of  a Giant Man in the same scale as the Sentinel.. there are few instances where Hank ever achieved that scale ( outside of the Ultimate, MCU or modern versions..but if you are talking strictly classic Giant Man) .. he was much smaller in most artist renditions., in the stories they actually made reference to a health condition that made it impossible to achieve a height that great.. they may have retconned this later but most classic renditions have him at roughly 20’ to 24’ at most..

of course every character is up for personal preference.. and artist interpretation so scale is definitely relative.. either way I’d buy Giant Man / Goliath instantly..

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I agree that Giant Man doesn't need to be the same height as the Sentinel, but a proper in-scale Giant Man would be too big for regular build-a-figure waves, so he's either got to be HasLab or a deluxe.

20" Tall would be sufficient. Would be cool for a single carded figure. there is no way it would cost more than their 12" line hulk they did. Hopefully not haslab, i feel like that would make it cost more. 

On 8/26/2020 at 10:17 AM, tarot said:

Galactus - this is obviously be a much bigger figure and thus will be more expensive.

• Silver Surfer - obvious that Galactus would come with his most famous herald. If they want to make him different go for the Black Silver Surfer design
  • TIER 1
    • Skull head for the F4 Abarax storyline
  • TIER 2
    • Nova 
  • TIER 3
    • Air-Walker

I'm all for the above.  And 22,500 Sentinels backed makes the likelihood of a significantly larger, maybe 40-inch Galactus, all the more possible.  Hasbro likely won't sell as many, but it seems pretty clear that they could easily hit a realistic target goal and sell at least half that number.

(SHIELD HELICARRIER) 

• Base- Helicarrier that strikes a balance between comic and mcu version. 
  • TIER 1
    • (Swappable accessories(logos plates etc to change it between comic verison and the mcu verison)
  • TIER 2
    • Quinjet in scale with carrier to display on flight deck. 
  • TIER 3
    • New Nick Fury figure with swappable comic or sam jackson head
  • TIER 4
    • Swappable logos and guns to army build 3 carriers to resemble the 3 carriers at end of winter solider movie
  • TIER 5- Alexander Pierce figure

On 9/3/2020 at 11:28 PM, unloadingmeat said:

(SHIELD HELICARRIER) 

• Base- Helicarrier that strikes a balance between comic and mcu version. 
  • TIER 1
    • (Swappable accessories(logos plates etc to change it between comic verison and the mcu verison)
  • TIER 2
    • Quinjet in scale with carrier to display on flight deck. 
  • TIER 3
    • New Nick Fury figure with swappable comic or sam jackson head
  • TIER 4
    • Swappable logos and guns to army build 3 carriers to resemble the 3 carriers at end of winter solider movie
  • TIER 5- Alexander Pierce figure

If you're gonna talk vehicles, I'd go with the Punisher van or the Fantasticar. Van will seat up to 4 6" figures, have roof and rear access, gun turrets, and rack for assorted weapons. Scanner/surveillance suite in rear, working rubber tires, lights, etc. Fcar will have separate modules that link up to form entire vehicle. 

Fantastic Four 147 Fantasticar Buckler.jpg

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If you're gonna talk vehicles, I'd go with the Punisher van or the Fantasticar. Van will seat up to 4 6" figures, have roof and rear access, gun turrets, and rack for assorted weapons. Scanner/surveillance suite in rear, working rubber tires, lights, etc. Fcar will have separate modules that link up to form entire vehicle. 

Fantastic Four 147 Fantasticar Buckler.jpg

I thought that a cool way to get the Fantasticar out there would be to do each of the four team members separately with their respective pods in the Ultimate Riders format.  Then, just have the pods snap together once you collect them all.  Spread the releases out over 12 or 24 months.  Really build the hype and anticipation of finally putting the thing together.

19 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

I thought that a cool way to get the Fantasticar out there would be to do each of the four team members separately with their respective pods in the Ultimate Riders format.  Then, just have the pods snap together once you collect them all.  Spread the releases out over 12 or 24 months.  Really build the hype and anticipation of finally putting the thing together.

That is my ideal idea too. If they had to they could make them the Future Foundation outfit (since the F4 Retro wave would be a John Bryne version).

I'd rather they make an Avengers/X-men mansion dio. Could be 2-3 floors & consist of at least 8-12 rooms, main room would be their "war" rooms & a Danger/training room would be a must as well. 4 feet long, 3ft high & 2ft deep would be ideal IMO. Highly detailed exterior/interiors would be essential. A tier could be a Jarvis figure for the Avengers mansion. For something like this I could see forking over $400-$500, but not for a single character.

@Gigantor if they do an Avengers dio, Jarvis shouldn't be a tier. he should just come with with as standard (similar to Bastion). Jarvis is the heart of the mansion so him coming as a incentive is not right IMO.

Similarly if they do a Danger Room Dio, then the standard figure should be Danger herself.

40 minutes ago, tarot said:

@Gigantor if they do an Avengers dio, Jarvis shouldn't be a tier. he should just come with with as standard (similar to Bastion). Jarvis is the heart of the mansion so him coming as a incentive is not right IMO.

Similarly if they do a Danger Room Dio, then the standard figure should be Danger herself.

I'm just spitballing. How bout an Avengers Quinjet that can hold 6 figs as a tier? Blackbird as well? 

I know I may be alone in this.

Milano: It should have a 5 figure sitting cockpit, deployable back for when Drax flies out "die, spaceship!" scene, and articulated wings/flaps. 

• Star Lord with vest outfit/swappable arms for jacket version
  • TIER 1
    • Swappable damaged wings
  • TIER 2
    • Bereet
  • TIER 3
    • Sovereign drone

3 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I know I may be alone in this.

Milano: It should have a 5 figure sitting cockpit, deployable back for when Drax flies out "die, spaceship!" scene, and articulated wings/flaps. 

• Star Lord with vest outfit/swappable arms for jacket version
  • TIER 1
    • Swappable damaged wings
  • TIER 2
    • Bereet
  • TIER 3
    • Sovereign drone

Even though I would never buy this, it's a pretty fun idea.