Did Walgreens Cancel Your Moon Knight Order? Again?

monron999

Before I start, Moon Knight is back up for sale on Walgreens now.

Got my notice a few days ago that Walgreens cancelled my order. AGAIN, after it happened with Iron Man 2020. Did this happen to anyone else? Supposedly whats happening is if you purchase pre-orders through Paypal and the money is not taken within a certain amount of time Paypal will not honor the purchase. That's funny, cuz it's never happened with BBTS, Dorkside or Megalopois or even Walmart or Target and I'd ordered many times from Walgreens in the past. If you order from Walgreens for pre-order DO NOt use Paypal.

I seem to recall a number of folks who ordered  figures like the Thing right after they showed up on the website and *still* ended up getting cancelled.  I would get an order in quickly if you haven't found this guy in the wild yet so you don't get stuck in limbo only to have your order cancelled in the end.  WG's website just doesn't seem to have the capability of handling the mass surge of orders these figures induce (tbf, they are hardly alone).

This has happened to me twice, for both Iron Man 2020 and Moon Knight.  Sounds similar to what you’ve have experienced but with the caveat that my order for IM2020 was placed on my normal credit card. It was however, ordered using a guest account. My MKs were on my PayPal and in my Walgreens account.

Not sure if any of these factors played into the reasoning that my orders keep getting canceled. It’s frustrating as hell. 

Ive seen people on this board and a few others saying they have never had any issues and have never been canceled. Makes me wonder where the true problem lies that so many  people can have wildly different experiences with Walgreens.

Another frustrating thing with Walgreens is that for both IM and MK I have seen them on shelves in stores weeks before my online preorders were to process. In the case of the IMs, I actually passed on the first few I saw because up I had them ordered. Didn’t make that mistake twice as the first time I saw a few MKs I snagged them, figuring I’d return my online ones.. only to be canceled yet again.

Dealing with Walgreens really is a crap shoot, sucks because I love the line up ofLegends that they secured as exclusives, but it is super stressful when deciding to hope they finally process my orders or just hope the next one won’t be another Mystique or Silver Surfer that are near impossible to find 

I had the opposite problem.  I had originally preordered two, but them found them in a store.  So, I tried to cancel my order.  The woman I spoke to said there would be no guarantee she could cancel them, but she attempted to.  Both shipped out earlier this week.  Sounds like they really need to work on their system.

19 hours ago, McHogan said:

Another frustrating thing with Walgreens is that for both IM and MK I have seen them on shelves in stores weeks before my online preorders were to process. In the case of the IMs, I actually passed on the first few I saw because up I had them ordered. Didn’t make that mistake twice as the first time I saw a few MKs I snagged them, figuring I’d return my online ones.. only to be canceled yet again.

A similar thing happened to me. Saw IM2020 at Walgreens which is literally within a 10 minute walk from my house. It was weird because I'd never, ever found any of the exclusives there, except for DD and Medusa, which are actually growing moss. Anyway, so I see these IM and my first instinct was to snatch up 2 but then I remembered I had pre-ordered and let them be. Two days later, an email from WG telling me they couldn't verify my pay method and cancelled my order. Two weeks ago while on vacation I came across Moon Knight, grabbed 'em (just in case, y'know) immediately, took 'em to check out and......deeeeniyeeed. The manager told me they couldn't sell it to me and they shouldn't even be on shelf yet, and that was cool, s#!t happens, but she was a total "C" about it, looking at me like I walked into the store room and took them outta the case myself. The cashier was so mortified about the way I was treated she told me to come back tomorrow and the manager in charge would probably sell them to me. I thanked her and returned the next day, and whaddayaknow, there was just one out on the shelf (but I though they weren't supposed to be on the shelf yet). I grabbed it, took it to check out, went through the same song and dance, but this time the manager did an override and sold it to me. Long story even longer, I got my one, at the very least. It just brings one question to mind. What happened to the other figure? Did the previous manager take it for herself? Did she end up selling one to someone else? This manager didn't seem like he'd encountered a similar situation earlier that day. I know for a fact that some of the people that work at Walgreens take these exclusives and sell the for a big mark up on EBay and such, and then we have to deal with scalpers both online and at the stores who will buy up all they can, the rest be damned, and now we have to worry about our orders being cancelled after we do it right and put our orders in early. It's a freaking wonder we ever find these things at all.