Walgreens Exclusive Marvel Legends 6" Silver Centurion Iron Man Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Walgreens exclusive Marvel Legends 6" Silver Centurion Iron Man figure from Hasbro. This figure is hitting store shelves now.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-01.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-02.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-03.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-04.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-05.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-06.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-07.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-08.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-09.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-10.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-11.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-12.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-13.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-14.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-15.JPG

While I am super excited to get this guy: what the actual F@&% Walgreens?!? It’s been literal days since you cancel my Moon Knights ( again, no worries found them in my local store) but now you go from release date TBD to in stores now?!? Also, not on website, I checked.. wonder if his POPFINDR code is different than MKs?

Now to the figure, it appears our fears are well founded, that next joint is official.. what makes it worse is that in the comparison pic next to Warmachine, it looks like if they had used the WM buck this weird joint may not have been needed.. seems no one tries a flight pose with this guy.. must really expose the limitations of that neck joint..

like that his back back is there, this is the first confirmation that I’ve seen it. Looks a tad small but I may be misremembering..

over all the only  let down for me is the neck but this is only a SLIGHT letdown.. I figure some crafty posing he will work. Plus I just love this armor, and lets be real, he is 98% awesome

Oh wow I never watch the vids, assuming all the highlights are in the pics. But curiosity got the better of me as I wondered if a Tony Stark head would fit this buck.. I literally laughed out loud once I saw the result in the vid.. do yourself a favor and check it out at 9:45

lets just say this particular IM will not be removing his helmet to catch some rays..

I appreciate Hasbro trying to score maximum points for accuracy by making the head the way it is, but they should really have made it run deeper into the torso. It doesn't look like it's gonna look bad in every pose, so it's not gonna be a deal-breaker for me, but still... a bit of a bummer.

I also wonder if any talented customizer is gonna try pimping out their War Machine by swapping legs and arms with the Silver Centurion, since the silver in its limbs looks better.

Oh wow! They had me going there, thinking this was the actual Silver Centurion we were getting. I should have known that after the way War Machine knocked it out of the park, they weren't gonna blow this armor, which has to be one of, if not THE, most requested suits in the armory. The first clue- and I admit I totally missed it- is that they didn't use the metallic red paint. I mean they just released the Daredevil armored suit that has the metallic red, right? So of COURSE they would use it on Centurion. DUH! Then they have the shoulder pads which are on the small side, but I didn't really have a problem with it. The kicker of course is how the helmet sits on that peg. Like Hasbro would ever allow that kind of thing to go into production. And I laughed my tail off when we see the Stark head sitting on the armor! WOW THEY GOT ME!! I actually cant imagine how I fell for this as the actual figure theyre producing . But give me credit, it really is a great custom job. I certainly couldn't have done as good.

Nice one Hasbro. Now I'll just sit back and await the real deal....

6 hours ago, leokearon said:

I wonder if Hasbro will actually fix the neck, they say the listen to fans and keep an eye on forums....

I hope they do & recall this from the shelves ASAP & redo the head n neck POA the same as the other 3 armors they've done. They really dropped the ball here. If it wasn't broke, don't fix it!

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

That neck is such an eye sore and there are so many easy and better ways it should be attached... I don't understand.

Why not a revise hinged ball peg.  With the ball peg going into the cavity of the Torso. 

50 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

That neck is such an eye sore and there are so many easy and better ways it should be attached... I don't understand.

Why not a revise hinged ball peg.  With the ball peg going into the cavity of the Torso. 

Anything is better than what they chose to go with. I fear for what they'll do the the Mark VIIII Neo classic armor that replaced the SCIM armor. It also sports a neck collar!

latest?cb=20140201043119

latest?cb=20140201043119

All these foolios needed to was sit the head lower, put the peg down so at least the collar of the suit could mask the wacko gap (that still doesn't fix the fact you can't put alt heads on here), this figure is basura.. Hasbro... the Toybiz version showed you the blueprint.. why is this being released that neck joint is atrocious , I laughed like a wild man when they put the Stark head on there... man oh man, every one who says they are still on board with this figure... skipped any video watching or sherlok holmes'ing, it's bad Hasbro should have just gave this guy no legs while they were at it

23 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

All these foolios needed to was sit the head lower, put the peg down so at least the collar of the suit could mask the wacko gap (that still doesn't fix the fact you can't put alt heads on here), this figure is basura.. Hasbro... the Toybiz version showed you the blueprint.. why is this being released that neck joint is atrocious , I laughed like a wild man when they put the Stark head on there... man oh man, every one who says they are still on board with this figure... skipped any video watching or sherlok holmes'ing, it's bad Hasbro should have just gave this guy no legs while they were at it

Well hang on a sec.. while I agree the Tony head is laughable, the normal helmet can look pretty ok in many poses. Big bummer though as this was one suit  for some reason I was looking forward to displaying with an unmasked head.. clearly there will be no unmasked displaying ..

While I also agree Hasbro dropped the ball here big time on this neck joint, the figure is 98% awesome IMO.. the only miss being that weird neck joint. Yes, it could have been done better, but this is what we get and I’ve been waiting for this armor for a long time, one ( serious) flaw won’t make me turn on this suit. If they someday fix this will I pick up this figure again? Definitely..but in a static pose at the right angle it works. Not like the joint gap has to be exposed..granted for a lot of poses it <ahem> poses a problem but it’s really an easy work around.. my guess is a little slight dremeling and the head seats fine..

i don’t  know, maybe my enthusiasm for this character is clouding my judgement.. guess I’ll have to get him in hand before any final decisions in it (lack of?) awesomeness...

51 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Well hang on a sec.. while I agree the Tony head is laughable, the normal helmet can look pretty ok in many poses. Big bummer though as this was one suit  for some reason I was looking forward to displaying with an unmasked head.. clearly there will be no unmasked displaying ..

While I also agree Hasbro dropped the ball here big time on this neck joint, the figure is 98% awesome IMO.. the only miss being that weird neck joint. Yes, it could have been done better, but this is what we get and I’ve been waiting for this armor for a long time, one ( serious) flaw won’t make me turn on this suit. If they someday fix this will I pick up this figure again? Definitely..but in a static pose at the right angle it works. Not like the joint gap has to be exposed..granted for a lot of poses it <ahem> poses a problem but it’s really an easy work around.. my guess is a little slight dremeling and the head seats fine..

i don’t  know, maybe my enthusiasm for this character is clouding my judgement.. guess I’ll have to get him in hand before any final decisions in it (lack of?) awesomeness...

I posted a pic of how Byrne drew him & he pretty much drew him with no neck & his head was like a swivel on the neck armor dremeling the head low enough to have the head flush with the neck collar might be the best option, but it will then  have him slightly smaller than the other 3 armored versions. The damn TB version got it right by making the head flush with the neck collar.

tumblr_n2qh90dCzh1shdts2o1_500.jpgToy-Biz-Marvel-Legends-Series-7-Iron-Man

So just bought me the Silver Centurion Iron Man, know that a lot of you will be jealous that I have him first.... 

<record scratch>... hold up, $1985 for a $20(ish) figure...what . The. Actual. He!!.. 

seriously, this seller doesn’t think anyone would jump on that right? I’m predicting that as divisive as this figure has been he will be easy to get. (Hopefully).. imagine the buyers remorse...

14 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I posted a pic of how Byrne drew him & he pretty much drew him with no neck & his head was like a swivel on the neck armor dremeling the head low enough to have the head flush with the neck collar might be the best option, but it will then  have him slightly smaller than the other 3 armored versions. The damn TB version got it right by making the head flush with the neck collar.

tumblr_n2qh90dCzh1shdts2o1_500.jpgToy-Biz-Marvel-Legends-Series-7-Iron-Man

It has been a while since I’ve held the old Toy Biz version, but from your pic it doesn’t look like he could achieve a decent flight pose with that neck either...

and honestly, John Byrne’s rendition was the first that struck a cord with me. Until I saw his awesome take on it I really hated the bulk of it. But in the hands of the talented Mr. Byrne it became one of my all time favorites

also: remember getting that old TB version of the Silver Centurion, seemed like an amazing figure at the time.. hated the face sculpt under the face plate but really dug the suit.. but wow does it not hold up today..

3 hours ago, McHogan said:

It has been a while since I’ve held the old Toy Biz version, but from your pic it doesn’t look like he could achieve a decent flight pose with that neck either...

and honestly, John Byrne’s rendition was the first that struck a cord with me. Until I saw his awesome take on it I really hated the bulk of it. But in the hands of the talented Mr. Byrne it became one of my all time favorites

also: remember getting that old TB version of the Silver Centurion, seemed like an amazing figure at the time.. hated the face sculpt under the face plate but really dug the suit.. but wow does it not hold up today..

True, but being as this mark 8 model sports more of a bullet shaped helmet, the head on a swivel look looks better than him having a neck. A flight pose is possible with just posing the upper torso in an upward position. 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 9:32 AM, McHogan said:

"....also: remember getting that old TB version of the Silver Centurion, seemed like an amazing figure at the time.. hated the face sculpt under the face plate but really dug the suit.. but wow does it not hold up today..."

The paint color on the TB blows the current one out of the water. Also it makes no sense that they gave him a backpack that doesn't begin to resemble the Centurion design. Even the old 4" did that better.

This isn't a terrible figure. Its gonna sell and sell well. Its just not as good as it should have been, especially when you factor in how much of a fan favorite it is, how long we've anticipated it, how many years have gone by since the TB version-thus, ample time to see how to improve it- and how excellent a job was done on the Classic and War Machine armors.

im sc.jpg

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The paint color on the TB blows the current one out of the water. Also it makes no sense that they gave him a backpack that doesn't begin to resemble the Centurion design. Even the old 4" did that better.

This isn't a terrible figure. Its gonna sell and sell well. Its just not as good as it should have been, especially when you factor in how much of a fan favorite it is, how long we've anticipated it, how many years have gone by since the TB version-thus, ample time to see how to improve it- and how excellent a job was done on the Classic and War Machine armors.

im sc.jpg

I really hope someone will interview Hasbro about this figure