New Spider-Man Marvel Legends Figures Revealed With Into The Spider-Verse, Frog-Man, Firestar And More???

JayC

Youtuber rektangular has posted a new video with some pretty interesting news for what possibly will be the first wave of Spider-Man themed Marvel Legends figures in 2021, as well as some new Fan-Channel exclusive single releases.

I do want to point out that I have not personally had a chance to vet any of this information myself nor has it been confirmed by Hasbro. rektangular has developed a pretty decent track record for sniffing this stuff out which is why I am going on and sharing the information with you, but we will treat all of this as RUMOR for now. One thing to note however, at the beginning of his video he starts talking about the recent Best Of Avengers: Endgame figures. Those figures are overseas releases that have been out for some time now, and have nothing to do with Dwight's tease from the other week's video live-stream event when he held up what looked like a charred Thanos figure arm.

Anyway, the interesting stuff talked about in this video is what looks to be the line-up for the first wave of 2021 Spider-Man themed Marvel Legends. rektangular has discovered a listing that suggest the wave will include the following figures:

- Into The Spider-Verse movie based Miles Morales Spider-Man
01__scaled_600.jpg

- Into The Spider-Verse movie based Peter B. Parker Spider-Man>
02__scaled_600.jpg

- Into The Spider-Verse movie based Spider-Gwen
03__scaled_600.jpg

- Into The Spider-Verse movie based Prowler
04__scaled_600.jpg

- Marvel Comics Frog-Man
06__scaled_600.jpg

- Marvel Comics Hand Ninja
05__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro back before they knew how successful the Into The Spider-Verse movie from Sony was going to be, gave us a pretty weak attempt at Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen in a Target exclusive 2-pack. Hopefully with these, they will be much more movie accurate. Also while I don't remember exactly where, I seem to recall Hasbro mentioning earlier this year that they would be revisiting the Into The Spider-Verse movie universe for the Marvel Legends line.

Frog-Man is another very obscure Spidey villain that would be in keeping with the likes of other recent releases such as White Rabbit.

The Hand Ninja might seem like an odd choice for a Spider-Man wave, but since Hasbro usually puts Daredevil related characters into these waves, it makes much more sense. Also I am sure Hasbro would later on re-release it as part of their HasbroPulse army-builder line.

In the video rektangular speculates that Stilt-Man makes the most sense for the Build-A-Figure in the wave, and I totally agree with him. It was pretty apparent a Stilt-Man figure was being teased in a previous live-stream video by Hasbro, and he makes the most sense for a Spider-Man wave with his connections to Daredevil.

- Stilt-Man Build-A-Figure
07__scaled_600.jpg

rektangular has also discovered what looks to be additional Fan-Channel exclusives released on Spider-Man Retro cardbacks with the following figures

- J. Jonah Jameson
08__scaled_600.jpg

- Black Cat
09__scaled_600.jpg

- Firestar with the dog Ms. Lion
10__scaled_600.jpg
11__scaled_600.jpg

J. Jonah Jameson makes perfect sense for one of these types of releases since Hasbro already did a Jonah headsculpt back when they released the Chameleon figure. They will likely use that headsculpt and put it on the body of the Black Panther movie Ulysses Klaue figure.

We've already gotten 2 versions of Black Cat fairly recently in the Marvel Legends line, so it's not terribly surprising they would push out a third one. Possibly some kind of slightly modified re-paint of the one they did in the Kingpin BAF wave.

Firestar is one many fans of the original Spider-Man: And His Amazing Friends cartoon have been wanting for some time, so it's great to hear there is a strong possibility that it is finally on the way. It is a little surprising to see her released as a single release like this, but she will probably incorporate a lot of parts from some other previously released figure(s). We do hope they go with her classic look, and not one of the more modern ones. Ms. Lion which was the dog first featured in the Amazing Friends cartoon will be a nice additional touch. Besides rounding out the Amazing Friends team with Iceman and Spider-Man, this figure will also put folks one step closer to rounding out their original New Warriors team.

So there you have it. As always until Hasbro officially confirms these which will hopefully be soon, we will treat all these as rumors. Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION which ones you are most excited for, and if you want you can watch rektangular's entire video here.

26 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Why? lol.  Hasbro will probably give them the torso or head.  

Speculation is that you will be able to plug multiple leg extensions (like the one the showed in the livestream) together to make Stilt Man as tall as you’d like. Makes sense to include them with an army builder so that people can buy multiples and still have use for the BAF parts included with each one.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
14 minutes ago, Spangarang said:

Speculation is that you will be able to plug multiple leg extensions (like the one the showed in the livestream) together to make Stilt Man as tall as you’d like. Makes sense to include them with an army builder so that people can buy multiples and still have use for the BAF parts included with each one.

I know, meant to be a joke. Even though Hasbro would pull something like that. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
12 minutes ago, tarot said:

LOL. yep they would but I honestly don't see them doing that. 

Lets hope! 🤞  And then I look at the Silver Centurions neck i am reminded of how bad their decision making can be....🤦‍♂️  

I would loooooove it if the Hand Ninjas came with the legs and they could be infinitely linked to make him as tall as you want.

It would be a cash grab ploy for sure, but a viable one. Here's the thing, if they do this, I'm gonna be out hunting for no less than 12 Hand Ninjas alone. Here's the rub. This makes too much damn sense for Hasbro to do it that way. We all know damn well that the double packed figure in this wave is gonna be either Miles or Peter so that HN is gonna be the HTF right out the jump. I would bet dollars to donuts that's gonna happen. Here's what I'm think though. The assortment seems to be a little "short" by 1 or 2 characters, doesn't it? What if......what if they do 1 red ninja and 1 black ninja per case. This would make the assortment bigger, it would save production costs and we could still army build.

At the end of the day we know the ninja will end up on Hasbro Pulse as an army builder so if we miss out on these we'll only miss out on the additional leg pieces.

One more thing to add. I said this on another post I created. Could these figures be the ones that have the soft goods that Dan was teasing? Some of these characters sure wore a lot of hoodies and coats in the movie.

Oh, and one more thing. And this comes from the Extend-A-Figure idea I had for characters like Reed Richards and Kamala Khan a few years ago. What if Stilt Man was actually just a figure in the wave? He would come with the leg parts that have the feet (and hopefully the knees) and the rest of the figures would come with additional leg pieces. Would this just totally piss everyone off, or would that be something a lot of us would be open to? Just as long as they didn't make a habit of it. I mean, we still haven't gotten Mister Hyde, or Joe Fixit, or a good Skarr, or Destroyer. Ah, what the hell am I even talking about? That's a terrible idea. Right?

What an interesting wave. I figured they’d do Spider-Verse figures at some point, but this is still a pleasant surprise. I hope they come with unmasked heads and maybe soft goods. Also, is it just me or is Prowler totally out of left field? Frog-Man is probably my most anticipated figure from the wave. I love obscure Spidey villains, so bring on Carrion and Vermin next please, Hasbro. Stiltman and the Hand Ninja are a little more meh to me, but I’ll get them and stick them on my Daredevil shelf. I usually don’t like army building, but I may have to get a couple of the regular release and maybe a couple future Pulse versions. All in all, not the most exciting Spider-Man wave, but it’s a Spider-Man wave nonetheless, which is good in my book. Also, can’t wait for Retro JJJ and Black Cat. I probably won’t get Firestar, but I’m happy for those who’ve been wanting her.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

I would loooooove it if the Hand Ninjas came with the legs and they could be infinitely linked to make him as tall as you want.

It would be a cash grab ploy for sure, but a viable one. Here's the thing, if they do this, I'm gonna be out hunting for no less than 12 Hand Ninjas alone. Here's the rub. This makes too much damn sense for Hasbro to do it that way. We all know damn well that the double packed figure in this wave is gonna be either Miles or Peter so that HN is gonna be the HTF right out the jump. I would bet dollars to donuts that's gonna happen. Here's what I'm think though. The assortment seems to be a little "short" by 1 or 2 characters, doesn't it? What if......what if they do 1 red ninja and 1 black ninja per case. This would make the assortment bigger, it would save production costs and we could still army build.

It would certainly make sense for Hasbro to pack the legs with the Hand, but since when has Hasbro ever made good decisions like that? 

6 figures in a wave is actually pretty common. I highly doubt we’d get another figure in this one. 

Oh, and one more thing. And this comes from the Extend-A-Figure idea I had for characters like Reed Richards and Kamala Khan a few years ago. What if Stilt Man was actually just a figure in the wave? He would come with the leg parts that have the feet (and hopefully the knees) and the rest of the figures would come with additional leg pieces. Would this just totally piss everyone off, or would that be something a lot of us would be open to?

Well, it wouldn't cause me Venom levels of collecting distress (and, God forgive me, I actually really like Venomised Captain America, even though Hasbro cheaped out on the shield - symbiote effect clings poorly on a regular Cap shield - and VCA has no back peg hole), but I think Hasbro kinda tried this with the MCU Vulture wings BAF wave. I hated that, but it was a lousy MCU BAF, and having 'a pair of wings' as your BAF? Not such a draw. Was it better or worse than Hit Monkey BAF or Rocket Raccoon BAF though? Who knows. They were dark, dark days (shudder)..... 

I'm not mocking though: done well, and with the right character - so, for me, Mojo would be nice; a really good MVC3 or MVC3I Shuma-Gorath with a bunch of articulated tentacles and rolling eye; a more Toy Biz-ey Hulk Buster Iron Man or a full-on Ultron or X-Fembot Danger, could work in that way. Or maybe they'd just be better as deluxe? If I'm not mistaken, we're up to date with the deluxe stuff (which I'm loving), so doesn't Hasbro owe us a few deluxe reveals? 

If the rumoirs are tue, the Stiltman wave doesn't seem too bad, not keen on getting another Miles or Gwen, but the rest of the wave seem pretty good, especially Prowler, Forgman and the Hand Ninja.

The Retro wave doesn't really interest me as much as the last wave, Jonah would be good, Firestar would depend on the costume and don't need another Black Cat

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Looking at this we now may have 2 of the 4 clues they gave us in the last livestream.

Firestar (and Ms Lion) are the 4inch figures being made big and frog man is the one who never had a figures before.

Except the clues for figures this year, not next year as these figures are supposed to be for

I'm super excited for Black Cat, Jameson and Firestar, I hope Black cat is on moonstone buck as her original figure but with better head sculpt or maybe even several heads, either way I'm getting all 3 for sure, as for others I'm def curious for animated Spider verse figures I think they meant spider verse figure when Hasbro rep tweeted about first ever Soft good figure In Marvel Legends line just like MAFEX figs. 

3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Lets hope! 🤞  And then I look at the Silver Centurions neck i am reminded of how bad their decision making can be....🤦‍♂️  

The baffling botched jobs for some figures versus the perfect work on others, the practice of cancelling pre-orders, and the horrible "exclusive" goat ropes...  just leave me fairly un-impressed and not very enthusiastic at this point. I'm dreading how the Storm/Thunderbird 2 pack will turn out. For this particular "Spider verse" wave, seems the Hand and Stiltman ought to be in a Daredevil wave if anything. I'm just meh all around; nothing jumps out except for possibility of the Hand.