New Spider-Man Marvel Legends Figures Revealed With Into The Spider-Verse, Frog-Man, Firestar And More???

JayC

15 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I'm kinda surprised she's getting a single release, I was expecting an "Amazing Friends" boxed set, which is why I passed on the Vintage Collection Iceman, well, one of the reasons.

I'm glad she is getting a single release. Don't need another Red and Blue Spidey

On 8/28/2020 at 7:55 AM, tarot said:

If true then the Hand ninja will obviously come with the extender legs.

If hasbro is smart thats what theyll do and theyll pack 2 or 3 per case, but knowing hasbro there's a big chance pack him with the head and only pack him one per case jajajaj

Intresting though Im thinking both miles and gwen will probably be just reissues of those 2 pack figures (hopefully with screen accurate unmasked heads). 
- For Miles I dont see them sculpting a whole new body with the shorts and jacket (they could use the mcu homecoming 2-pack spiderman's arms and jacket for this one, and just sculpt a new waist and thighs for the shorts, put in some tennis shoes over the feet and there you go)
-Gwen will probably just be a reissue with a screen acurate head.
- Peter is a mistery he'd need new tooling, maybe theyll just go with a full costume pete use the new vintage spiderman with a new ab-piece (for his gut) and give him a screen accurate unmasked head.
- Prowler will most likely be a repaint of the comic prowler with a couple new pieces like the forearm guards and the boots and theyll add a separate piece to go with the cape for the pointy back piece. 
- Frogman will most likely reuse the dock ock body with a new backpack to cover the tentacle holes like someone pointed out already, and new hands, head and feet-
- Hand ninja will be cool to have though probably a lot of new pieces

Im Hoping hasbro learns their lesson and the hand ninja come with the stilt man extendable pieces so people can army build and he's packed 2 or 3 per case (though knowing hasbro hell come with some other stiltman piece and will be packed 1 per case, and gwen and miles will be the ones packed 2 per case 🙄) 

As for the single released figures, Im thinking theyll be done in the spiderman vintage wave cardbacks.

- J Jonah Jameson: Will best bennefit to be done in the Ulysees Clause MCU Body with new forearms, they can just stick the old JJ head that came with the chameleon figure and be done.
- Firestar hopefully will have the classic costume and a new headsculpt (maybe give her boom boom's interchangeable hand with the fire effect molded onto it)
- Black Cat: seeing as this is sort of a classic wave/spiderman 90's cartoon look, im thinking instead of just re'releasing the 1st black cat, theyll repaint the 2nd one to look exactly like that first one (just paint the boots, gloves and all the fur pieces white, not paint those cat eye decos on the chest and remove that metalic whip/belt piece, and the you go classic Black cat on the new body mold. 

22 minutes ago, marvelislove said:

isnt marvel like done with the spider man series figures ?

done with Spider Man??, this must be a joke, why would Marvel or Hasbro ever be done with Spider-Man? if that was the case they might as well just shut the doors to the company, even if Legends went a way, I promise you Spider-Man Legends would be the last survivor

24 minutes ago, marvelislove said:

isnt marvel like done with the spider man series figures ?

What you need to understand is that marvel legends is spilt into different sublines. One is mcu/avengers, another is xmen and spiderman as well as more. The spiderman line is basically what toybiz was doing with their spiderman classic.

Also do you really think hasbro would stop making figure of marvel's self admitted cash cow?

4 hours ago, marvelislove said:

i mean given that spider man is one of the oldest characters of marvel and they have so many new characters -and so many movies, wouldn't they let go of the spider man and make new characters figures instead ? kinda like making spider man and old legacy or something

Never going to happen, especially as there are still plenty of Spidey characters to be done. Also there is no guarantee that a new character will have any staying power, hence the numerous "Next Generation of Heroes". Also Spidey is Marvel's flagship and most recognisable character who hasn't even reached his 30's in the comics.

On 9/1/2020 at 2:32 PM, marvelislove said:

isnt marvel like done with the spider man series figures ? i mean even the marvel quiz does not have any questions about spider man any more !

You must seriously be new to the Marvel universe to even think that. Possibly only Superman & Batman have more world recognition & appeal than Spiderman.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, JayC said:

Don't mind me, just bringing this thread back to the top for future reference 🙂

No worries; just thinking about the notion of them possibly doing Frog-Man. While I have no interest in such a figure I'm sure today it'd be compared to a Fortnite property.

Still hoping for Iron Spider....

47 minutes ago, JayC said:
Hasbro has announced a new Fan-Friday live stream for Marvel Legends, Transformers, Star Wars and more. Tune this Friday (11/13) at 11am ET for all the highlights.

Hasbro-Pulse-November.png

Interesting seems to be another Ghostbusters/Transformers crossover planned. 

I'm expecting the Negative Zone Spidey to make an appearance and hopefully more on the Stiltman and Bag Guy waves

1 hour ago, hellshock138 said:

Man, they are really gouging us this year (of all years). Scary. 

1 hour ago, tarot said:

It actually no more then usual. You only think its more as they are spreading out the announcements in these livestreams instead of having whole lot revealed in conventions

Yeah, there hasn't been much more (if any) product overall than the last couple years (Which have, to be clear, been pretty ridiculous).  In fact there may have even been about one wave LESS since Eternals got pushed back.

Also keep in mind that toy production timelines start at least 18 months or so from release (sometimes a bit less for easy repaints/minor retools, etc...).  So basically, Hasbro couldn't predict the Pandemic and the economic crash that comes with it, so this year looks "normal."  Since things really started sliding in March, it may take as long as September of next year before companies have "caught up" to the state of the economy.  But only if sales decline as a result, of course.

Hasbro's biggest problem now is going to be that Black Widow and Eternals are likely to keep getting pushed back until things are back to "normal" and that's going to leave them hanging on to (at a minimum) all the Eternals product for a while.  Not to mention whatever havoc it might be causing with later movies (Shang Chi, etc..).