Hasbro Marvel Legends Dr. Doom Retro Figure Revealed

JayC

7 minutes ago, tarot said:

Yeah we were all wrong. F4 retro wave now pretty much confirmed. I like that they made it a older version of the character.

We? I was pretty clear it was Doom and it was only an assumption it would be white? Yes a retro wave is coming.

I’m confused at the random piece of cloth on him. They certainly went all out on this guy, that’s a lot of accessories. I guess this means F4 Retro wave for 2021? Not sure if I need any others from this line, because I’m happy with the Walgreens versions, but I do want a Doom to display as the classic version, so I’ll probably get this one.

7 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

I’m confused at the random piece of cloth on him. They certainly went all out on this guy, that’s a lot of accessories. I guess this means F4 Retro wave for 2021? Not sure if I need any others from this line, because I’m happy with the Walgreens versions, but I do want a Doom to display as the classic version, so I’ll probably get this one.

it's based on some of his earlier appearances. The F4 wave was his more contemporary look. 

11 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

@tarot

AH HA, i told all yall it was NOT  going to be Future foundation. 

Just brighter colors! and i love it. 

I like it better than I would have liked a white one, has some minor differences like the belt and soft goods piece from the previous one. I like the belt, but I can probably live without adding this one to the collection.

20 minutes ago, Satam said:

I gotta say that I feel a little cheated not getting any effects pieces or a book in the regular release Doom, but whatever.

It’s a great figure, plus he came with an alternate head (plus the BAF piece). Much prefer that version so no regrets here. Will likely pass on this one altho I guess I could get him to use as a doombot or whatever

Wait, is this the soft goods figure they promised? That frilly cloth collar?  I doubt it but Haha that would be a cop out..

so it looks like for accessories there is a book, some mystic effects and blast effects for his jet pack? Maybe new head sculpt? Either way, like that they add value for a repaint.

Not bad. I love the first release but this guy is pretty cool. Will probably get, as this look Doom faced the Avengers as well. Well, I’ll try to get, my local stores have only stocked is black suit Storm.

EDIT: completely missed the listed accessories, jumped right to the picks..

10 minutes ago, tarot said:

If anyone is wondering this is based on his original look (minus the cape).

doctordoom03firstappearance.jpg?w=350&h=

@leokearon Him coming with 2 books is not surprising. He is one of the greatest sorcerers in the Marvel Universe. Even Strange considered making him Sorcerer Supreme a few times.

I'm well aware of Doom's magical prowess. I was just wonder if there was any real significance/story to the two books

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
51 minutes ago, JayC said:

I like it better than I would have liked a white one, has some minor differences like the belt and soft goods piece from the previous one. I like the belt, but I can probably live without adding this one to the collection.

I totally understand, If i wasn't so die-hard about classic iterations I could probably pass. But it's Doom and He comes with a good batch of accessories. 

Must grab for me. White Doom I will probably pass on. 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 7:45 PM, McHogan said:

Agreed, makes no sense as a character.. I dunno maybe it does, but that isn’t doom in my book

That's supposed to be a "first appearance" Doom...I can see why people would pass, as its really only a soft goods mantel and some effects added. I wish they'd cut the tunic 'cause it goes too far to his knees. I think most fans were looking for the white variant. Maybe next year.

Perhaps we'll see the Fantastic Four's "negative" uniforms soon. They would be a darker blue than whats shown on the cardback or the cartoon but a lot of fans liked those suits. I'm hoping we get a fully translucent Invisible Woman, a re-do for the Human Torch, and a 70s suit variant for the Sub-Mariner. Be nice to see Annihilus too....

cleafn.jpg

FF.jpg

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

That's supposed to be a "first appearance" Doom...I can see why people would pass, as its really only a soft goods mantel and some effects added. I wish they'd cut the tunic 'cause it goes too far to his knees. I think most fans were looking for the white variant. Maybe next year.

Perhaps we'll see the Fantastic Four's "negative" uniforms soon. They would be a darker blue than whats shown on the cardback or the cartoon but a lot of fans liked those suits. I'm hoping we get a fully translucent Invisible Woman, a re-do for the Human Torch, and a 70s suit variant for the Sub-Mariner. Be nice to see Annihilus too....

cleafn.jpg

I'm hoping this is a trend to do more FF related characters to the Retro line. I'm hoping for a translucent Invisible woman and a full "flame on" Johnny Storm on the correct (Sunfire) buck with the 4 logo on his chest. Maybe we'll get a Thing with a 4 on his shorts too. A new Kang? Anyone.......?