Hasbro Marvel Legends Dr. Doom Retro Figure Revealed

JayC

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Would it be asking to much that for a retro FF wave, They actually make a more smaller scaled comic accurate Byrne or Perez Thing. And an accurate all red with Black lines Torch.

I also don't see an ab crunch on this figure. Wtf Hasbro?

Well, they didn't make that card for just one figure.  I have no doubt it's in the works.

40 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Well, they didn't make that card for just one figure.  I have no doubt it's in the works.

Here’s hoping the Negative Zone suits and not the lighter blue ones from the card art. And we need all 4(again) in same uniform. At least the Negative zone ones, then Hasbro, by all means, throw in translucent Sue and Red Torch.. 

one of the big knocks from past Legends / Marvel Universe lines was the lack of a compete set in one uniform.. they haven’t had this issue yet since the relaunch and maybe I’m in the minority but I don’t want just two members in the best ( IMO) FF uniforms.. I want them all in matching suits. But I also get the need for variety and not having the masses riot for making us buy the same four figures again 😂

I feel like this Doom is coming out a bit too soon, since the previous version came out less than a year ago. And if it's heralding a Fantastic Four retro wave, I feel that'd be superfluous for the same reason. At the risk of sounding a bit too "but what about what I, the center of the world, wants???" I'm going to say that I feel an Iron Man retro wave would have been more timely. Here's hoping for next year...

Well, at least this new Doom and a potential F4 wave hot off the heels of the previous one is better than Hasbro pampering the X-Men to a fault, and maybe this new Doom will help lower the prices of the last one.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

So nicky over on FB made an interesting observation that the collar pieces on this Doom is very similar looking to the one seen on Toad.

118569299_4353576168017776_9163687573978876855_n.jpg

I'll be pretty mad if they go this route with Toad. It looks fine on Doom because it's going under his cloak anyway, but "soft goods" virtually always look terrible, and there's no reason Toad's frock couldn't be plastic, especially since it needs to stick out more than just flop over his shoulders.

I love that cardback and have been so torn on the idea of this with the little additions. I will probably just keep my super skrull doom and not get this one on top of it. 

1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

Hopefully this means a Vintage Iron Man wave is coming.

0A7E0D23942FF1CBF877C998D78F57E6D8ABA9DC

IIIIII. AMMMM. IRON MAN!      all i hear is that theme song when i see that picture. memories!  Also gimme dat modular armor! My favorite armor. 

Not sure about this one versus the last one released. Would be nice to see a side-by-side. I'm with the person who posted that it seems too soon for there to be another "classic"-ish Doom.

Is it just me, or is he cross-eyed?  Also, why the wispy green effects pieces, when the artwork on the card shows pink-ish energy blasts. If they'd at least made the wispy effects pink, you might think it's the after-effect of having fired the energy blast from his hands, but light green? Seems odd. 

48 minutes ago, Hogun said:

If the next vintage wave is Fantastic Four theme. I want Silver Surfer with all of the accessories the Walgreens exclusive came with. I would also like to see Blastaar and Wyatt Wingfoot.

A new Surfer needs to be on a Reaper buck. Norrin Radd is 6'4 not 6'. I'd also love a classic Terrax done in proper scale as well. Thing needs to be done at exactly  6.5' scale not 7.5 scale. Wizard on the Pizza Spidey buck & we need Trapster as well.

4 hours ago, Benn said:

I'll be pretty mad if they go this route with Toad. It looks fine on Doom because it's going under his cloak anyway, but "soft goods" virtually always look terrible, and there's no reason Toad's frock couldn't be plastic, especially since it needs to stick out more than just flop over his shoulders.

I agree on the soft goods. I’m not a fan and even this minimalist approach in this figure it just looks off. For a six inch line, I’d rather they just mold the various capes, frocks, etc..

i realize molded capes hinder certain poses but overall they look more dynamic than cloth that sort of just.. hang there..

to each there own, some characters like Mandarin have proven that molded robes dint work so there is that option.

2 hours ago, Marvel0805 said:

Not sure about this one versus the last one released. Would be nice to see a side-by-side. I'm with the person who posted that it seems too soon for there to be another "classic"-ish Doom.

Is it just me, or is he cross-eyed?  Also, why the wispy green effects pieces, when the artwork on the card shows pink-ish energy blasts. If they'd at least made the wispy effects pink, you might think it's the after-effect of having fired the energy blast from his hands, but light green? Seems odd. 

I wondered if this Doom was crossed eyed as well. Is this a different head than the ones we got with the first figure?

4 hours ago, ADour said:

I feel like this Doom is coming out a bit too soon, since the previous version came out less than a year ago. And if it's heralding a Fantastic Four retro wave, I feel that'd be superfluous for the same reason. At the risk of sounding a bit too "but what about what I, the center of the world, wants???" I'm going to say that I feel an Iron Man retro wave would have been more timely. Here's hoping for next year...

Well, at least this new Doom and a potential F4 wave hot off the heels of the previous one is better than Hasbro pampering the X-Men to a fault, and maybe this new Doom will help lower the prices of the last one.

Funny how we all wanted Doom for so long then suddenly we are getting too many in such a short span.. 

if we got negative zone suits I’d could happily never buy another team suit again..

I'm pretty happy with the previous Walgreens Doom its perfect but this one I really dont need . What I need is a new and improved body mold , paint , articulation and detail of Daken , Banshee , Sentry , Hammerhead , Lady Deathstryke , Blackbolt , Hyperion , Superior Spiderman , World War Hulk & never before made : Mephisto , Molecule Man , Mr Hyde , Fear Itself Hulk , Dracula (Red Suited) Nightmare , Blackout , also hoping for a FrankenCastle in a 3 pack of Daken and a cut up wounded Punisher during the Daken fight would be soooooo awesome!!!!!! .  Come on HASBRO MARVEL LEGENDS,  you are way behind !!!!!

Yesterday we got our first look at Hasbro's new Marvel Legends Dr. Doom Retro Figure. While the figure uses the same body we previously saw released for a modern doom, this new figure is meant to capture the characters look from his first appearance in the comic books. The soft-goods collar piece featured on the new figure which had some scratching their heads about is actually in keeping with the collar he originally sported. With the original look however he did not really wear a cape, so in an effort to better demonstrate how the figure is supposed to look Hasbro has released a new image of the figure without the cape. We have also added a image from the comics showing the look the figure is meant to re-create for reference purposes.

I don't know if this image will change anyone's mind of whether to get it or not, but you can better see from this new image where they were going with it and why they added that collar piece.

If you decide to get this one, it's available for pre-order now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Dr-Doom-1st-Appearance-01.jpg