Actor Chadwick Boseman Dies Of Cancer At Age 43

JayC

Actor Chadwick Boseman who played the character of Black Panther in the Marvel cinematic movies passed away today at the age of 43 after loosing a battle with colon cancer which he was diagnosed with 4 years ago. He died at his home with his wife and family at his side.

All our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Chadwick-Boseman.jpg

Thank you Chadwick for your amazing performances and from all indications being a top notch human.. Your T’Challa was an inspirational portrayal, condolences to his family.

i lost my father in law mere weeks ago to cancer. I know this is a disease that robs families of dignity and most importantly: time with loved ones. My heart aches as I know the pain his family is feeling now

Horrible news, I still cannot believe it or process it, cancer is brutal and merciless, it took my mother from me, which by itself damaged me, and will damage family of Chadwick and sadly families of many others, I wish one day we can live in reality when cancer is much more treatable and manageable so people wont have to lose so much in the world that is already cruel and unfair.  

I'm speechless, devastated! He was so young and fit looking too! A true hero and King in every sense of the word, taken from us far too young. Cancer is brutal indeed; my Mother is battling it now, so my heart and prayers to his family, and all families dealing with this merciless contagion. Heaven just take back this year already. Enough already.

This is so saddening, I heard about this at work and I had to take a moment, I was shocked and stunned, I can't believe this, what a terrible year this has been, Chadwick seemed like a fantastic human, and as Black Panther he was terrific, my heart goes out to his family and loved ones, it's a real tragedy, Wakanda Forever ... Damn

Condolences and prayers for his family and loved ones. My dad just had colon cancer surgery in January this year, early stages. And my wife was diagnosed breast cancer in October last year. She is recovering after surgery also. I encourage everyone in that certain age bracket to have regular checkups, including myself. 

7 hours ago, Satam said:

I'm sure Shuri will take over the mantle in the sequel.  I'd seen rumors about that already, and I guess this is why.

I'm sure that's in the cards, but I think the better idea would be to let her stay her own character and recast T'Challa. But that would also risk not honoring Boseman as the one true Black Panther.

22 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I'm sure that's in the cards, but I think the better idea would be to let her stay her own character and recast T'Challa. But that would also risk not honoring Boseman as the one true Black Panther.

I think recasting T'Challa would be a mistake, and it looks like you recognize why.  The mantle can be passed on, as it has been.  The role should not.