Hasbro Announce Pulse-Con 2020 For September 25-26

JayC

2 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

Got my Logan set with no issues, very smooth transaction and with free shipping, no less, so very happy about that. Guess it didn't sell out yesterday, because it still has an October ship date. Interestingly, after I closed the site out, I went back in and couldn't find that 2-pack again, so I guess they're really enforcing that 1 per person lol. I believe this will be my second "SDCC" exclusive, after the 12" Daredevil.

You know, I did the same. I wanted two Logan sets so bought one, closed out the screen, went back in and bought another. To separate transactions but it allowed me to order a second set. From the same PayPal account no less. Wonder what the difference is? 

Just curious, were you trying for two sets or just  happen to notice the option was gone?

38 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

After having to wait for the Complete order to stop spinning which was for over an Hour! , I Got the Hellfire Club! 😄! , wasn't so bad , just slow.

but April 2021 release?

Yeah, looks like they sold out of the sets they had in stock to premium pulse members yesterday.  Those of us non-premium members can at least still order one, (which is certainly better than missing out entirely) but it could be awhile. I decided to think it over for a day, especially since their system was understandably backed up and slow this afternoon. 

41 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

After having to wait for the Complete order to stop spinning which was for over an Hour! , I Got the Hellfire Club! 😄! , wasn't so bad , just slow.

but April 2021 release?

Thought that release date had to be a typo.. but nope.. just was on Pulse and see that it’s accurate.

what the actual heck?!? Got to be some sort of place holder right? I mean, actual sets are showing up on review vids and overseas.. 

also, the Hellfire Club set is STILL available. Should we be worried that Hasbro, who looks at this as a business, will see that this didn’t sell out and maybe go back to the glory of instant sell outs via bots? I mean, Hasbro still wants to make money...

21 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Thought that release date had to be a typo.. but nope.. just was on Pulse and see that it’s accurate.

what the actual heck?!? Got to be some sort of place holder right? I mean, actual sets are showing up on review vids and overseas.. 

also, the Hellfire Club set is STILL available. Should we be worried that Hasbro, who looks at this as a business, will see that this didn’t sell out and maybe go back to the glory of instant sell outs via bots? I mean, Hasbro still wants to make money...

its available for preorder with estimated shipping date 3/29.  basically they didn't reserve any for us non-premium pleebs to get today.  Which i'm ok with (especially since there is still the opportunity to preorder) but would've been nice to know up front as we all know the premium members would buy up whatever sets were made available to them - which in this case was the entire stock hasbro had.

28 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Better to say it's due in April and it shows up in December than say it's due in December and then it doesn't show up until April.

26 minutes ago, Satam said:

Better to say it's due in April and it shows up in December than say it's due in December and then it doesn't show up until April.

Yeah I'm cool with whatever at this point, I've been getting really good at this waiting game, it always gets me jealous seeing people with things 3 months before me, but it's just common place now, I just say I'll have it eventually and that's what counts, it feels better then chasing something around at retail for months and coming up short in the end.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

You know, I did the same. I wanted two Logan sets so bought one, closed out the screen, went back in and bought another. To separate transactions but it allowed me to order a second set. From the same PayPal account no less. Wonder what the difference is? 

Just curious, were you trying for two sets or just  happen to notice the option was gone?

At that moment I was just noticing it wasn't there. It did pop back up a few minutes later. I was definitely considering another one, I want one to open, and possibly one to keep mint, because that packaging art is beautiful. Maybe if it's still available in a couple months I will.

They switched to pre-orders after selling their their initial stock. So if your stuff is listed with a March date it means you pre-ordered. If it says Oct it means you got one from the initial inventory.

What's not to clear at the moment is if the new pre-orders are being limited or if they will keep them open until Sunday and let anyone who wants one have access to it until then? 

You would think if they are going to start taking pre-orders they would keep it open until Sunday and take as many orders as you can get, but some stuff is showing SOLD OUT like the SW Clones and Transformers set. IDK if those will end up being relisted as pre-orders or if those are gone for good.

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Worry that they sell out; worry that they don’t 🤣

1 hour ago, RAMCAT said:

Worry that they sell out; worry that they don’t 🤣

Well, actually I have no intention of buying that set. 

My concern, if you can even call it that, was that Hasbro may say screw it, we like making money and don’t care who buys them, bots or otherwise, and do away with the capcha and 1 per limit. Not necessarily for the HFC set now but other exclusives down the road.

in truth, I don’t care, just posing a scenario..

32 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I'm glad that after 40 mins I managed to get set, I even saw scalpers being irritated by that fact that almost everyone managed to get the set, so I guess maybe we are finally entering new era of exclusives that won't get overpriced immediately. 

Its still available.

1 hour ago, Emnems80 said:

Isn't it supposed to be on their Youtube channel? That would suck if it's limited like that.

It is on youtube, but they can make the settings so its regional and can only be viewed by people who live in certain areas. I think this will be the case because thats what they did on Tuesday for that Preview thing and it says on their site US and Canada only. Originally I thought that was only going to apply for buying the exclusives, but after Tues I suspect it means for viewing it live as well. Now once its done live streaming and converts to a regular video I think everyone will be able to watch it if you want. 

I

5 hours ago, McHogan said:

Well, actually I have no intention of buying that set. 

My concern, if you can even call it that, was that Hasbro may say screw it, we like making money and don’t care who buys them, bots or otherwise, and do away with the capcha and 1 per limit. Not necessarily for the HFC set now but other exclusives down the road.

in truth, I don’t care, just posing a scenario..

Thinking about the general worry is stuff selling out, thought what you said was funny is all. Pessimism can be funny sometimes 🤷‍♂️no offense

5 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I'm glad that after 40 mins I managed to get set, I even saw scalpers being irritated by that fact that almost everyone managed to get the set, so I guess maybe we are finally entering new era of exclusives that won't get overpriced immediately. 

Oh no, won't someone please think of the scalpers 😄

5 hours ago, JayC said:

So I can't say 100% but I don't think folks outside the US and Canada will be able to watch Pulse-Con live.

It's almost as bad as the TFCC was, only allowing certain people access to news first. At least it isn't as harsh as the TFCC

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

It's almost as bad as the TFCC was, only allowing certain people access to news first. At least it isn't as harsh as the TFCC

If they do restrict it, the only reason I can think of why they would do that is cause of the Toys For Tots thing. They say the are going to donate a certain amount to that organization based on how many viewers they have during the live broadcast,  and so I am thinking they don't want to count people outside the US and Canada for that. Again that is only my speculation, but I just can't think of any other reason why they would restrict viewership like that. I am not aware of any laws or regulations that would prevent them from showing this outside the US, not to mention they seem fine with everyone being able to watch it later after its recorded.