Jump to content
JayC

Hasbro Announce Pulse-Con 2020 For September 25-26

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

You guys are nuts.  HeroQuest is awesome!  I played the hell out of this game as a kid.  Actually I played it so much that is was pretty much falling apart.  My friends and I recently bought another copy and started playing through again.

I wonder why they went the Haslab route with this?  Why not just rerelease the game?  It's got a pretty dedicated following.

Its not about the game, its about the marketing mislead. But glad you like it and can make it come back if you put down $100-$150 for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayC said:

glad you like it and can make it come back if you put down $100-$150 for it.

I'd almost certainly be in if I hadn't recently bought an original copy.  Still might be worth it for the two original quest packs.  Let's see what gets unlocked.  They're already more than halfway there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wont let me in …..all the way up to check out and wont go further. on hold now for 20 minutes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

wont let me in …..all the way up to check out and wont go further. on hold now for 20 minutes.

 

The Hellfire club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Inspection12e said:

The Hellfire club?

yep. really, anything. well over 20 minu on hold now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew they would do this and I appreciate the fact that they did. 

They new they could make more of them and people would want them. They also knew that if people didn't get one, they would be less likely to buy the goons. Making more was a great decision and glad people will get theirs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Inspection12e said:

I got one without issue at 12:00 exactly. 

Hung up, called back, logged back in. Whatever that did, it worked cause I got my confirmation!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasbro has updated their panel schedule with actual times not. The Marvel Legends panel which will be shown on their YouTube channel will begin at 3:25PM ET.

Panelists: Jesse Falcon, Hasbro Marvel Brand Team

The Hasbro Marvel product experts will discuss some exciting news around Hasbro’s ever popular Marvel LEGENDS action figure line! Viewers will also get a sneak peek of upcoming, never before seen Marvel action figures plus some special surprises as well.

We will post the video here on Friday when it goes live and of course bring you all the highlights of everything revealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the times it looks like Star Wars and Marvel will be getting the longest panels of the weekend. Star Wars gets a regular toy panel and a Haslab panel which looks like will total about 1:20 while Marvel's panel looks to be an hour. I assume there will be intermissions between panels so these could vary some based on how long the intermissions are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this time last year these boards were flooded with angry members that missed out their exclusives of choice. Myself included. 

Did everyone get what they were going for? I’m a little surprised that the boards aren’t busy with activity with members saying they had a good or bad experience this year.

for what its worth I went cinematic again this year, actually about 15-20 minutes past the opening when they were available, and had no trouble completing two separate orders. 

How was it for those going for the Hellfire Club set?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, McHogan said:

At this time last year these boards were flooded with angry members that missed out their exclusives of choice. Myself included. 

Did everyone get what they were going for? I’m a little surprised that the boards aren’t busy with activity with members saying they had a good or bad experience this year.

for what its worth I went cinematic again this year, actually about 15-20 minutes past the opening when they were available, and had no trouble completing two separate orders. 

How was it for those going for the Hellfire Club set?

 

It's still available for Pulse Premium Members.  The only things that have "sold out" are the Supreme Snake Cobra Commander and the Heroes of Endor set (but those have both reverted to "Coming Soon" so I suspect they may have more in stock tomorrow).  Had a very smooth experience at Noon getting Cobra Commander and the HFC set.  The limit of 1 per customer and the captcha (which prevents bots) seems to have worked in preventing instant sell-out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

It's still available for Pulse Premium Members.  The only things that have "sold out" are the Supreme Snake Cobra Commander and the Heroes of Endor set (but those have both reverted to "Coming Soon" so I suspect they may have more in stock tomorrow).  Had a very smooth experience at Noon getting Cobra Commander and the HFC set.  The limit of 1 per customer and the captcha (which prevents bots) seems to have worked in preventing instant sell-out.

Yeah so cool that exclusives were set up this way this year. Let’s hope Hasbro sees this as a success and continues doing this from now on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in short, people are likely being quiet because it's usually angry folks making the most noise...and this year so far there doesn't seem much call for anger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha yeah that is one way of looking at it.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well since gratitude is rare these days, I just wanna give daps to Hasbro for having their pulsecon exclusives being available [for premium members] for more than a minute. Got Hellfire set and Cobra Commander with ease. Looking forward to the show  this weekend!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my Logan set with no issues, very smooth transaction and with free shipping, no less, so very happy about that. Guess it didn't sell out yesterday, because it still has an October ship date. Interestingly, after I closed the site out, I went back in and couldn't find that 2-pack again, so I guess they're really enforcing that 1 per person lol. I believe this will be my second "SDCC" exclusive, after the 12" Daredevil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, so even when all this Pulse 'activity' is virtual, and could (sorry, SHOULD) for once, actually throw a bone to collectors from the UK and Europe, it still doesn't and never will?

Qu'elle surprise. Yeah, qu'elle surprise again, indeed. The biggest difficulty for US & Canadian collectors is the amount of days it takes to get store exclusives (e.g. if you can't order 87 GI Joe Classified Baroness & Cobra COILS / Dani Moonstar /  Star Wars Black Series 332nd Clone Trooper to flog on ebay the very second that pre-orders become orders) or, that SDCC stuff is slightly more expensive. 

Meanwhile, over in the UK, the shelves of Smyths Toys (excluding our hard-working and generally excellent specialised online action figure & collectable  retailers, this is the only thing even remotely comparable to the smallest, most general of North American supermarkets) are so full of up-to-the-second Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Transformers etc. etc. it's hard to know what to pick.

With the Star Wars Black Series, do I go for 40th A/VC Lando Calrissian, TIE Fighter Pilot or Luke Skywalker (Hoth Pilot)? Oh, the agony of choice. Can't decide, so I'll check the Marvel Legends aisle. Oh em gee!!! They have the Gamerverse/Abomination wave! Have I travelled to the future? Oh, wait - there's a downside: they only carry four figures. Not 'There are four in stock, the good ones have sold out,' rather: there are just four, full-stop. Online, and in store - Gamerverse Iron Man (worst figure of 2020?) Gamerverse Captain America (second worst figure of 2020?), The Leader and Captain Marvel (both horrible, no question mark). That's why BAF waves work so well, because who needs two arms, two legs, head and torso??!! Never mind, I'll cheer myself up with some pity purchases: those new GI Joe Classified figures are actually kinda, really cool - I'll get one of them. Or not. They don't carry them at all. And so on.

In case anyone thinks I'm having a pop at North American collectors (Latin: collectorian obsessivus amicus) I'm not. Well, a little bit, but only at the very, very whingy ones who don't know how lucky they are. And definitely at the buy-five-hold-and-flog-on-ebay brigade (collectorian subhumanas scum), but we all get screwed by them.

This will never change. It has been this way since I was a little bitty baby Transformers collector who - at the age of seven - was just as irked and baffled by Hasbro's decision to never retail G1 (Dinobot) Swoop, The Constructicons and Predacons (oh and so many more) in the UK. Just the crumbs from the US Retail table, many months later.

But, my collecting brothers across the pond, should you ever happen to engage in serious discourse and dialogue with Hasbro, every single collector (and retailer) in the UK would be forever grateful if you could ask them why collectors in the UK mean absolutely nothing to them, despite continued, unwavering loyalty across multiple brands and way, way, way too many decades. 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LandoTucker said:

Wait, so even when all this Pulse 'activity' is virtual, and could (sorry, SHOULD) for once, actually throw a bone to collectors from the UK and Europe, it still doesn't and never will?

Qu'elle surprise. Yeah, qu'elle surprise again, indeed. The biggest difficulty for US & Canadian collectors is the amount of days it takes to get store exclusives (e.g. if you can't order 87 GI Joe Classified Baroness & Cobra COILS / Dani Moonstar /  Star Wars Black Series 332nd Clone Trooper to flog on ebay the very second that pre-orders become orders) or, that SDCC stuff is slightly more expensive. 

Meanwhile, over in the UK, the shelves of Smyths Toys (excluding our hard-working and generally excellent specialised online action figure & collectable  retailers, this is the only thing even remotely comparable to the smallest, most general of North American supermarkets) are so full of up-to-the-second Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Transformers etc. etc. it's hard to know what to pick.

With the Star Wars Black Series, do I go for 40th A/VC Lando Calrissian, TIE Fighter Pilot or Luke Skywalker (Hoth Pilot)? Oh, the agony of choice. Can't decide, so I'll check the Marvel Legends aisle. Oh em gee!!! They have the Gamerverse/Abomination wave! Have I travelled to the future? Oh, wait - there's a downside: they only carry four figures. Not 'There are four in stock, the good ones have sold out,' rather: there are just four, full-stop. Online, and in store - Gamerverse Iron Man (worst figure of 2020?) Gamerverse Captain America (second worst figure of 2020?), The Leader and Captain Marvel (both horrible, no question mark). That's why BAF waves work so well, because who needs two arms, two legs, head and torso??!! Never mind, I'll cheer myself up with some pity purchases: those new GI Joe Classified figures are actually kinda, really cool - I'll get one of them. Or not. They don't carry them at all. And so on.

In case anyone thinks I'm having a pop at North American collectors (Latin: collectorian obsessivus amicus) I'm not. Well, a little bit, but only at the very, very whingy ones who don't know how lucky they are. And definitely at the buy-five-hold-and-flog-on-ebay brigade (collectorian subhumanas scum), but we all get screwed by them.

This will never change. It has been this way since I was a little bitty baby Transformers collector who - at the age of seven - was just as irked and baffled by Hasbro's decision to never retail G1 (Dinobot) Swoop, The Constructicons and Predacons (oh and so many more) in the UK. Just the crumbs from the US Retail table, many months later.

But, my collecting brothers across the pond, should you ever happen to engage in serious discourse and dialogue with Hasbro, every single collector (and retailer) in the UK would be forever grateful if you could ask them why collectors in the UK mean absolutely nothing to them, despite continued, unwavering loyalty across multiple brands and way, way, way too many decades. 😢

It's sadly the same in Ireland. What Marvel Legends or Black Series go to your local comic shop. I was shocked and near laughed when I saw the Lightning Collection Black Dino Charge Ranger in SMYTHS when they don't bother stocking the rest of the line.

The Marvel Legends is due to Hasbro's "wonderful" distribution as revealed by my Local Comic Shop which told me they would order 2 wave cases, but also they have to order an individual case box (of 7/8 figures) for each figure, to make sure they actually get the full wave, because the wave case probably wouldn't have them all.

Also exclusivity is only for the country it is exclusive to, that's why Irish and UK comic shops can and have gotten US Exclsuives like the Red Hulk and some of the Walgreens figures and as I have mentioned Big Bang Comics will have Hasbro Pulse exclusives available on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After having to wait for the Complete order to stop spinning which was for over an Hour! , I Got the Hellfire Club! 😄! , wasn't so bad , just slow.

but April 2021 release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE