Build a F4 Retro Wave

leokearon

With the reveal of a Retro Dr. Doom today; it seems a Retro F4 wave is on the way in the near future, so with that who would you like to be done.

Some rules:

1. The wave must include at least two f4 members
  2. Six Regular sized figures only, since that's the wave size of a Retro wave along with a Bonus Deluxe Figure
  3. Have fun

Firelord-Series2-Front.jpg

In case people want some help with it here is the line this is based on - https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=80&figures=fantasticfour

As for me:

1. Flame on Human torch - in Kirby style without the 4 symbol and, for the love of god, Jim Hammond extra head
  2. Mr. Fantastic - John Byrne obviously to match the box style
  3. Crystal
  4. Wizard
  5. Silver Surfer 
  6. Mole Man release

Fan Channel exclusives:

• Terrax
  • Blaster in classic suit.

1.Fully translucent Invisible Woman

2. Flamed on classic Torch (head same color as rest of body)

3. Super-skrull (rereleased BAF)... boy would that drive people nuts lol

4.  Pirate Thing

5. Firelord

6. Annihilus

7. Deluxe: Blastarr

If you need a Reed, let's go with the Maker from Ultimate FF although it really wouldn't fit in with the rest of the wave.

What i actually think we'll get

Reed, Sue, & Ben in negative zone costumes.  Flamed on classic torch.  .  Re-released Super-Skrull BAF.   Really not sure about # 6 but i don't think a surfer would be out of the question.  Deluxe: Blastarr or Terrax.  So basically all repaints, maybe with some new head sculpts, plus some re-used effect pieces.  

Everyone pretty much hit all the marks

I'd like to see

Negative Zone FF, Crystal, Psycho Man (how else am I gonna get me a Psycho Man!)

I'll take a Deluxe Annihilus or Dragon Man, I'd even be prettty cool with a re-release of Galactus from the Universe series

58 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I doubt Dragon Man would be done as a Deluxe given his size. To do him justice he should be a Titan Class style figure otherwise we are looking at something like the Kree Sentry.

I dunno, I get a strong feeling that, based on how hard the original Toybiz Dragon Man was to get a hold of, Hasbro might do the whole Deluxe size on vintage card thing like they did with the Hulk. I'd be totally down with that, as long as they do It thru Fan Channel and not as some Wal-Mart or Target (or Walgreens, for that matter) exclusive.

I love these lists. I think it gives great insight on what the fan community as a whole think and want. Sadly, I think on just very few occasions is Hasbro able to key in and use that information.

1. Johnny Storm - flame on with 4 on his chest, and on the correct Sunfire buck.

2. Sue Storm - clear or semi-clear with new force field parts or perhaps her force bubble.

3. Kang - just Kang. The last one was good, but now not so much.

4. Mole Man - toss in a few Moloids to boost sales so we can army build.

5. Crystal - this has get to be the most requested Inhuman character.

6. Firelord - if we can't get a new Galactus at least get us some more heralds.

7. The Amazing Bag Man - no need to get all fancy with it, just use the Pizza Spidey mold or the first Mister Fantastic mold.

BAF: Mole Monster - just a big monster that Mole Man can ride on. Contest of Champions seems to be a major reference for ML these days, if anyone is familiar with it. 

estvgdlwoaaoyec.jpg

11 hours ago, monron999 said:

I love these lists. I think it gives great insight on what the fan community as a whole think and want. Sadly, I think on just very few occasions is Hasbro able to key in and use that information.

1. Johnny Storm - flame on with 4 on his chest, and on the correct Sunfire buck.

2. Sue Storm - clear or semi-clear with new force field parts or perhaps her force bubble.

3. Kang - just Kang. The last one was good, but now not so much.

4. Mole Man - toss in a few Moloids to boost sales so we can army build.

5. Crystal - this has get to be the most requested Inhuman character.

6. Firelord - if we can't get a new Galactus at least get us some more heralds.

7. The Amazing Bag Man - no need to get all fancy with it, just use the Pizza Spidey mold or the first Mister Fantastic mold.

BAF: Mole Monster - just a big monster that Mole Man can ride on. Contest of Champions seems to be a major reference for ML these days, if anyone is familiar with it. 

estvgdlwoaaoyec.jpg

Mole Monster, but that's Giganto, or as this COC character is Giganto Jr. , he's no simple Mole Monster that's so mean to say to the Giganto family , Mr. Giganto graced FF issue 1! (but I know you knew all that)

but yes a Giganto figure would be super awesome, but he'd have to be bigger than an average BAF, and no I ain't settling for a Giganto Jr. , because he is as far as I know a COC made up thing

1. Translucent Invisible Woman (invisible curved force field effect)

2. Translucent (red) Human Torch, sunfire buck (fire effects)

3. Mr. Fantastic (negative zone uniform, bendy arms this time!)

4. The Thing (negative zone trunks or pants/boots)

5. Impossible Man

6. Johnny (negative zone uniform, sunfire buck, partial flames on suit)

Deluxe: Annihilus

FF2N.jpg

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Mole Monster, but that's Giganto, or as this COC character is Giganto Jr. , he's no simple Mole Monster that's so mean to say to the Giganto family , Mr. Giganto graced FF issue 1! (but I know you knew all that)

but yes a Giganto figure would be super awesome, but he'd have to be bigger than an average BAF, and no I ain't settling for a Giganto Jr. , because he is as far as I know a COC made up thing

LOL. I was familiar with Giganto, but I never put these two together. TBH, I never even really read the bio on the COC monster so I just assumed it was a random monster that kinda looked like Giganto. In that sense I guess he would have to be much bigger, maybe even Haslab size. I guess this one would have to fall in the Gamerverse category.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

LOL. I was familiar with Giganto, but I never put these two together. TBH, I never even really read the bio on the COC monster so I just assumed it was a random monster that kinda looked like Giganto. In that sense I guess he would have to be much bigger, maybe even Haslab size. I guess this one would have to fall in the Gamerverse category.

Yeah I mean if we were to get a classic Giganto I'd say in order to do him the justice he deserves that'd be a Haslab project, he was said to be aprox 60 feet tall, and all of his depictions he towers over most smaller buildings, even if they made a slightly smaller one.. it just wouldn't be right he needs to be formidable, but hey if they want to make Giganto Jr. as a BAF for a gamerverse wave I'd be cool probably would build it just because he's cool , but lets also never forget the other Giganto.. aka the weird huge whale beast from Atlantis which also be a really cool Haslab project.. but let's be honest with ourselves ain't no Hasbro making any Haslab Giganto's any time soon haha

Any FF character John Byrne drew I'm down with!! I loved Diablo I think in issue 232!! Of course it has to be in the negative zone uniforms!!

Crystal 

Nova(Frankie Raye)

Firelord

Attuma

Triton

Gorgon 

Karnak

Maximus

She Hulk (FF uniform with big hair!)

KANG

Dragon Man

Living Pharoh 

I think the problem is they need to represent all four members of the Fantastic Four somehow, and that takes up two thirds of a six-figure wave. To truly do justice to the FF and their world, they either need multiple waves, or the wave has to be eight figures.

Of course nothing is stopping Hasbro from doing a mini retro wave and then going back to the normally packaged Fantastic Four wave like they did with the Super Skrull BAF.

6 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I think the problem is they need to represent all four members of the Fantastic Four somehow, and that takes up two thirds of a six-figure wave. To truly do justice to the FF and their world, they either need multiple waves, or the wave has to be eight figures.

Of course nothing is stopping Hasbro from doing a mini retro wave and then going back to the normally packaged Fantastic Four wave like they did with the Super Skrull BAF.

This is what happens (and Marvel's been doing this disservice themselves) when you impose an arbitrary limit. You could have a 6 figure wave for a lesser used/known character/team; they probably dont have as deep a bench of enemies or allies to fill it. But the Fantastic Four was the very cornerstone of the Marvel Universe. There's a huge catalog of foes, equipment, uniforms, allies, etc and they cant be contained in just one wave. The Sub-Mariner, the Black Panther, the Silver Surfer, the Inhumans, the Watcher, the Skrulls, the Kree, Thundra, Impossible Man, Galactus, not to mention the Negative Zone...I could go on...all closely related to the F4. Marvel sidelined them but the fact is, if done correctly, theyre perfect for an action figure line all by themselves. We can only hope Hasbro will see the potential, and we'll get that Haslab Baxter bldg set and the Fantasitcar we've been waiting for....

7 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, that's part of the problem. They could split the team across two waves, but that could run the risk of people missing out on one or two of the members, given distribution and the like.

4 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I know the Fantastic Four isn't as popular as the other groups right now, but has there been any talk or rumor of the X-Men, Spider-Man, or Marvel Superheroes retro waves getting additional waves?

I know Spidey has a rumoured wave which is supposed to include Jonah, Black Cat and Firestar but as I said so far it is just rumours. I would be very surprised if the X-men and Spidey don't get a second wave like the Marvel Superheroes did

Retro wave - All white and blue looks. 

Blastaar - OG look

Firelord - 

Psycho man is coming!!!!

DragonMan is coming

B'Tumba - meh

Triton - Quasi cool

Mole Man - yes please. 

Medusa - Probably not - 

Human torch - guaranteed 

Namor - Not needed, probably not. 

Impossible man - Fingers Crossed

TAS038280 - 1994 Toy Biz Marvel Fantastic Four Action Figure - The Thi –  The Angry Spider Vintage Toys & Collectibles Storeimage.thumb.jpeg.fd6ed3b342f558a9352de662539f1c2b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.36a2b589eb92d5d024b456f6badc09be.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5a009d355afd680895d600bdb3e13bf2.jpeg images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQRrODcDm-cOXQ-hgg8BU50M53yJjLoM0TCdhbP71Z4lsy2F65WPFzaDwL52XA&usqp=CAc Pin by Comics Legos and Toys on Toys & Games | Marvel toys, Action figures,  Retro comic book The Thing Fantastic Four action figure Marvel Comics 1996 Toy Biz MOC  Original For Sale TAS038293 - 1995 Toy Biz Marvel Fantastic Four Action Figure - Dragon – The  Angry Spider Vintage Toys & Collectibles Store TAS039906 - 1995 Toy Biz Marvel Fantastic Four Action Figure - Attuma – The  Angry Spider Vintage Toys & Collectibles Store Fantastic Four: Triton AF 1995 Toy Biz Marvel Fantastic Four Mole Man – Rogue Toys MarvelLegends.Net - Fantastic Four Classics Series 1 Impossible Man New and Used Toy figures for Sale in Anaheim, CA - OfferUp    Amazon.com: Fantastic Four - Human Torch by Toy Biz: Toys & Games Marvel - Marvel Vintage | Fantastic Four | cmdstore.com  

image.jpeg