Build a F4 Retro Wave

leokearon

You could do a F4 wave series that wouldn't have to have all four members.

Example, Reed in classic outfit, Torch in his homage to the Original Torch, and 4 other F4 related characters. Next wave, Sue in Future Foundation outfit, Thing in negative zone outfit with helmet, 4 other characters. Next wave, Reed in negative zone outfit with excursion vest, Thing in trenchcoat hat and glasses, 4 other characters. Next wave, Torch in Future Foundation (partially flamed on), Sue in excursion vest, so on and so on.....

fvst.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, nieman257 said:
  • Human Torch - his classic Kirby with faceless Hammond alt head

The original Human Torch is bigger, taller than Johnny so the alt head wouldn't really work (but in a pinch it'll do).  The recent Dormammu prototype shows how the traditional "lines" on his flamed-on figure could be done though. They should use the Walgreens flamed-on Torch (that body buck is just way too big and its even bigger than Reed, which shouldnt be) for Jim Hammond, minus the 4 insignia of course and using a "faceless" head, and make a flamed on figure for the "modern" Johnny Storm Torch.

Not to mention that stupid looking yellow head. WTF was quality control on that one....

dor.jpeg

10 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

I just want a Torch like this. And I hope he is based off the new Spidey mold.

and blue/white uniforms for the others.

Its bizarre that he had that yellow head in the walgreens exclusive. No Human Torch figure or statue ever had that, no animated show, no comic book...

But yes this is a great representation of the Human Torch. They could make it translucent and still get those lines in there. I would use the walgreens  one as a base for the original Human Torch or Firelord.

ht.jpg

On 9/29/2020 at 3:55 AM, Atlantis said:

The original Human Torch is bigger, taller than Johnny so the alt head wouldn't really work (but in a pinch it'll do).  The recent Dormammu prototype shows how the traditional "lines" on his flamed-on figure could be done though. They should use the Walgreens flamed-on Torch (that body buck is just way too big and its even bigger than Reed, which shouldnt be) for Jim Hammond, minus the 4 insignia of course and using a "faceless" head, and make a flamed on figure for the "modern" Johnny Storm Torch.

Not to mention that stupid looking yellow head. WTF was quality control on that one....

dor.jpeg

I know he's bigger, I meant for the ones that had the Walgreens Torch. I think they need to start throwing in random extra heads for other characters, when they are light on accessories.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:44 AM, RyanDaly said:

I know the Fantastic Four isn't as popular as the other groups right now, but has there been any talk or rumor of the X-Men, Spider-Man, or Marvel Superheroes retro waves getting additional waves?

Hasbro is always going to the Spider-Man/Avengers/X-Men well....and they need to lighten up, or at least space it out more. As I've said before...the Fantastic Four "verse" is HUGE...the material they have is expansive and Hasbro has been foolish in not producing more. For example while I think the Inhumans could have their own box set, they could easily be folded into an F4 wave. Also is there any rule that a wave has to be based around one character/team? What about era-specific waves?

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 7:13 AM, Gigantor said:

Only member of the FF I want redone is the Thing. A Perez or Byrne version at his proper 6" scale plz. Not a fan of the "Hulk" like version. Ben is 6ft not 7ft.1563460628_FFspecsheet.thumb.jpg.f3425b6c6581466bd85ee44e4a104548.jpg

I can see that but one quibble from the artist's notes: Reed and Ben roomed in college together so its highly unlikely he'd be that much older than Ben. Also, Ben is at least 6' tall, almost always depicted as taller than Johnny. Some artists draw him as being 7-8ft tall and call it "artistic license" but in fact, they're just wrong.

18 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I can see that but one quibble from the artist's notes: Reed and Ben roomed in college together so its highly unlikely he'd be that much older than Ben. Also, Ben is at least 6' tall, almost always depicted as taller than Johnny. Some artists draw him as being 7-8ft tall and call it "artistic license" but in fact, they're just wrong.

Just shows a lack of respect for the great artists of the 60s-70s-80s such as Kirby, Sinnot, Buscema, Perez & Byrne, all who drew the Thing according to his listed 6ft scale.  

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Hasbro is always going to the Spider-Man/Avengers/X-Men well....and they need to lighten up, or at least space it out more. As I've said before...the Fantastic Four "verse" is HUGE...the material they have is expansive and Hasbro has been foolish in not producing more. For example while I think the Inhumans could have their own box set, they could easily be folded into an F4 wave. Also is there any rule that a wave has to be based around one character/team? What about era-specific waves?

They do that because those are the ones the retailers are the most interested in. The Fantastic Four certainly have a large number of characters that could be used, but as of now they're not as evergreen a franchise as those others.

It's frankly impressive they had a full set of Walgreens exclusives followed by a full retail wave with no real ancillary media to support it (no movie, no TV show, no game, nadda).

On 10/20/2020 at 5:39 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm not looking this up because I've got work I should be doing, but I know at least Reed didn't begin as a freshman at State straight out of high school at a typical age.  He got a bunch of advanced degrees from MIT and Cal Tech as a teenager before going to State.  I can't remember if Ben did his air force stint before or after his undergrad.  I'm sure it's all been retconned a few times since Byrne wrote those notes anyway, but there's probably enough wiggle room to keep those approximate ages if one wants to.

I want some Inhumans in the wave...the original designs. I really want Karnak, Gorgon, Triton and Maximus. I think Lockjaw could be in the Riders series with Crystal. 

Attuma would be cool

Annihilous (maybe a deluxe figure)

Diablo

Red ghost (but he'd need his apes)

Puppet MASTER...not a great figure I'll admit.

Wizard ( to build the Acts of Vengeance team)

Trapster

Immortus

On 10/23/2020 at 5:18 AM, MonsterChris said:

I'm not looking this up because I've got work I should be doing, but I know at least Reed didn't begin as a freshman at State straight out of high school at a typical age.  He got a bunch of advanced degrees from MIT and Cal Tech as a teenager before going to State.  I can't remember if Ben did his air force stint before or after his undergrad.  I'm sure it's all been retconned a few times since Byrne wrote those notes anyway, but there's probably enough wiggle room to keep those approximate ages if one wants to.

You have a point. But Lee made it pretty clear that Reed was at least ten years older than Sue (at one point in a letter column, he specifically said that Reed and Ben were in their late 30s while Sue was still in her 20s).

The age game is played fast and loose in the verse but originally, these two were more or less the same age (if he's 4 years older, AND a stellar genius, why are they graduating at the same time?)  but that's not what the comics did. Bryne's notes though aren't "canon". I would still agree with him on the Torch's age....he and Spidey are about the same. Which really brings up how the hell got a 15yr old boy up in an experimental deathtrap  rocketship. Speaking of which once they do the F4 retro wave they could do the rocketship as a Haslab set (or Baxter building lab)!!

1 hour ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I want some Inhumans in the wave...the original designs. I really want Karnak, Gorgon, Triton and Maximus. I think Lockjaw could be in the Riders series with Crystal. 

Attuma would be cool

Annihilous (maybe a deluxe figure)

Diablo

Red ghost (but he'd need his apes)

Puppet MASTER...not a great figure I'll admit.

Wizard ( to build the Acts of Vengeance team)

Trapster

Immortus

At one point of going wild in my mind, I thought Puppet Master would be a cool big BAF that came with strings that you could attach to the 4 like he is controlling them 😆 

4 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

At one point of going wild in my mind, I thought Puppet Master would be a cool big BAF that came with strings that you could attach to the 4 like he is controlling them 😆 

That would be interesting to say the least