Marvel Legends Walmart Exclusive Venomized Captain America Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Walmart Exclusive Venomized Captain America figure from Hasbro. Here in the US this figure is being sold as a Walmart exclusive.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Venomized-Captain-America-01.JPG

Venomized-Captain-America-02.JPG

Venomized-Captain-America-03.JPG

Venomized-Captain-America-04.JPG

Venomized-Captain-America-05.JPG

Venomized-Captain-America-06.JPG

33 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Whatta waste of plastic

I agree, as an Avengers completist, my compulsion says pick it up. As someone who works hard for my money I say don't  encourage Hasbro to continue to make figures like this.

guess if I find this guy in the wild I’ll find out which side of me wins..

This just bugs me to no end. I hate the idea, I hate the whole Venomize Everything and Everyone concept. It's lazy and uncreative and just cheap pops for selling a bazillion alternate covers. This is a decent attempt at whatever they're trying to do here, it's a well done effort right down to the packaging, but the one thing that bothers me most is that we still don't have one definitive, good looking, perfect version of the daddy of all this cluster, Venom. Like I've said over and again, the Monster Venom is good, but that "classic" Venom is a steaming pile. Get that one right first Hasbro, then start dabbling in weirdo crap like this.

As a very huge venom fan, Ive always been mixed about the venomized everyone idea. I like and dont like it at the same time. I dont like it because it makes Venom and the other symbiotes feel like they are losing their uniqueness. Its like overly using a cuss word, it loses its meaning after being said a billion times over. This, however interesting, just feels like "we have no better ideas, so heres a --------- version of a character". I do however like some of the characters designs, like that venompool wave, definitely picking that up. This figure looks neat and is pretty nicely done, but not necessary. Im a purist with a few exceptions to my rule. This wont be one I go out of my way to obtain. 

Altho I think its unfair and a bit dramatic to say "what a waste of plastic". People clearly enjoy this, why crap on someone elses joy? I would be excited to have a little weight lifted off my wallet with how many releases they have a year. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

As a very huge venom fan, Ive always been mixed about the venomized everyone idea. I like and dont like it at the same time. I dont like it because it makes Venom and the other symbiotes feel like they are losing their uniqueness. Its like overly using a cuss word, it loses its meaning after being said a billion times over. This, however interesting, just feels like "we have no better ideas, so heres a --------- version of a character". I do however like some of the characters designs, like that venompool wave, definitely picking that up. This figure looks neat and is pretty nicely done, but not necessary. Im a purist with a few exceptions to my rule. This wont be one I go out of my way to obtain. 

Altho I think its unfair and a bit dramatic to say "what a waste of plastic". People clearly enjoy this, why crap on someone elses joy? I would be excited to have a little weight lifted off my wallet with how many releases they have a year. 

Not a huge Venom fan but don't hate the character either. Totally agree that "venomize everyone" dulls the uniqueness of the character... but this is one of the aspects of the character, right? So in that context this isn't a bad idea.

While I wont be picking these up, I wouldn't say they're a waste of plastic. A lot of fans out there DO like this and I wouldn't want to withhold anything from them. I certainly have my "want" list (the Vision, Lockjaw, Golden Age legends, more accurate female figs, translucent up the yin yang figs, Sophia Vergara, etc), but not everyone shares my desires.

Treat yo self, young man. Get your Venom on.

Such a dumb, unoriginal concept. 

But I guess if you wanted to create the ultimate unoriginal super hero/villain you could just have symbiotic bond with every superhero/supervillian...

Super-venom now has every power of every super hero/villain he has bonded with... 

Next on Marvel Comics Slate.... "Extreme Carnage" - Every superhero bonds with carnage.... back to ground zero venom. 

It astounds me how with so many Marvel characters that have never been made in 6' plastic action figure form, that someone at Hasbro says, "Let's make a Cap, covered in Venom glop & even Venomize his shield to boot!" Genius!  The Symbiote mania ended a long time ago for me, pretty much after Carnage, anything after that was just overkill & cheapened the concept of the characters. DP has hit that road as well imo.  Ironman is really the only character in the entire Marvel universe where you can justify the countless different armors they can make of him. Possibly Wasp as well, but she doesn't have the popularity IM has to warrant multiple figures unless it's in an Avengers wave along with her Hubby who as of yet, has not been done as YellowJacket to replace that 1st sorry attempt by Hasbro of him. YJ rates the Shang Chi upper torso buck with Sunfire lower body buck.

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

It astounds me how with so many Marvel characters that have never been made in 6' plastic action figure form, that someone at Hasbro says, "Let's make a Cap, covered in Venom glop & even Venomize his shield to boot!" Genius!  The Symbiote mania ended a long time ago for me, pretty much after Carnage, anything after that was just overkill & cheapened the concept of the characters. DP has hit that road as well imo.  Ironman is really the only character in the entire Marvel universe where you can justify the countless different armors they can make of him. Possibly Wasp as well, but she doesn't have the popularity IM has to warrant multiple figures unless it's in an Avengers wave along with her Hubby who as of yet, has not been done as YellowJacket to replace that 1st sorry attempt by Hasbro of him. YJ rates the Shang Chi upper torso buck with Sunfire lower body buck.

Oooh....more Wasps and a new Yellowjacket! I like the way you think. I want Wasp in her Red and Yellow costume.