New Rumored Marvel Legends Wave Listings Discovered Including New X-Men Wave

JayC

I appreciate that symbiote fans are getting some figures they probably want, but as a way back Spider-Man fan, I'd really like to see the Enforcers. They were regulars in the early days and have popped up now and again. Since they're going to put out Spider-Man waves anyway, why not give us some classics. Fancy Dan. Ox. Montana.

6 hours ago, MfkrJones said:

I’d bet money it’s AoA wave 2.

Toybiz did AoA Sabretooth and Hasbro hasn’t.

Nemesis/Holocaust Hasbro has done and needs an update.

AoA Magneto was done in the 3.75” line.

AoA Rogue has been done by Toybiz but not in Legends and that’s the yellow glove.

Ooof...this sounds RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!

I will be very unhappy as I am passing on AOA figures. Oh well...more money to save for other figures.

I feel like the X-Men wave is HoX/PoX and Avengers is Gamerverse 2, the other ones... well one is Spider-Man so it's going to be spidery-manny, and Shang-Chi wave.. I'd bet it has like 3 Shang-Chi oriented figures, and the rest are Street level Marvel Characters but hopfully martial arts oriented.. comic Colleen! I can hope for...New Iron Fist? Lady Bullseye.. who knows

18 hours ago, MfkrJones said:

AoA Rogue has been done by Toybiz but not in Legends and that’s the yellow glove.

AOA Magneto will be awesome.

19 hours ago, MfkrJones said:

Damn, way to put that together. I know they kinda intimated that a 2nd wave was not likely, especially this year, but next year is still on the table. And money talks and as far as I've been able to tell the Sugarman wave has done pretty well in the sales department, partially because of the Sugarman BAF, but I don't see figures from that wave lingering on the shelves like I've seen some of the recent waves. You've got me convinced.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did a second AOA wave. BUT this listing is for 2021, not this year. That why I will stick to the belief that those clues will be for the Gamerverse wave. I don't think I am the only one who thinks that way.

I also don't think Hasbro will do anymore X-men this year. They have seen that fans are tapped out with X-men this year and need a small break from them. The Gamerverse and Venom wave are those breaks we need.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did a second AOA wave. BUT this listing is for 2021, not this year. That why I will stick to the belief that those clues will be for the Gamerverse wave. I don't think I am the only one who thinks that way.

I also don't think Hasbro will do anymore X-men this year. They have seen that fans are tapped out with X-men this year and need a small break from them. The Gamerverse and Venom wave are those breaks we need.

I hope so too, my Wallet is taking a pounding at the moment

On 9/3/2020 at 8:19 AM, monron999 said:

Damn, way to put that together. I know they kinda intimated that a 2nd wave was not likely, especially this year, but next year is still on the table. And money talks and as far as I've been able to tell the Sugarman wave has done pretty well in the sales department, partially because of the Sugarman BAF, but I don't see figures from that wave lingering on the shelves like I've seen some of the recent waves. You've got me convinced.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that a second AoA wave was a sure thing.  Maybe that was just speculation before Apocalypse himself was revealed as a deluxe release instead of a BAF.  Plus how can we have a Wild Child without a Sabretooth?

I agree.  Magneto, Rogue, and Sabretooth are easy to sell.  Nemesis would probably be a BAF again.  So four other figures in the wave if I’m right.  I don’t think a AoA Colossus or Nightcrawler would peg-warm either.  Nightcrawler wouldn’t need more than a new head and the armor parts, plus further down the road it’s use as an X-Force repaint makes it a no-brainer.

As for people feeling mutant burnout, let’s not forget these waves are planned out at least a full year in advance.  That’s why characters like Gwen Pool peg-warm while Mysterio was hard to get.  By the time the Lizard BAF wave hit, demand for Gwen Pool had died and Far From Home was making its way into headlines.  

If you go back and read comments from when the first AoA wave was announced I’m sure you’ll see the hype was strong.  Not to mention many people still want a 90’s Wolfebane and Feral.  There’s plenty of demand for Brotherhood characters in this very discussion.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:40 PM, MfkrJones said:

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that a second AoA wave was a sure thing.  Maybe that was just speculation before Apocalypse himself was revealed as a deluxe release instead of a BAF.  Plus how can we have a Wild Child without a Sabretooth?

The existence of a second Age of Apocalypse wave has been a big game of telephone. All they said originally was that they were open to doing a second wave if the first did well, which pretty much means maybe we could see more in 2022, but the internet heard "maybe another wave this year" and the echoes reverberated into "definitely another wave this year", which caused a lot of confusion as that became decreasingly likely. I'd love Age of Apocalypse wave 2 to be an end-of-the-year surprise that conveniently satisfies all those hints, but I think it's much more likely we're looking at gamerverse wave 2, which is definitely coming this year, and which we otherwise know nothing about. I think Vulture's wing sculpt and M.O.D.O.K.'s prominent role in the game lend a lot of support to the notion that Falcon or M.O.D.O.K. could be in the wave, and it's possible the rumoured U.S. Agent isn't actually a Walgreens exclusive, since Rektangular reports misinformation based on bad assumptions pretty much all the time.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:40 PM, MfkrJones said:

As for people feeling mutant burnout, let’s not forget these waves are planned out at least a full year in advance.  That’s why characters like Gwen Pool peg-warm while Mysterio was hard to get.  By the time the Lizard BAF wave hit, demand for Gwen Pool had died and Far From Home was making its way into headlines.  

If you go back and read comments from when the first AoA wave was announced I’m sure you’ll see the hype was strong.  Not to mention many people still want a 90’s Wolfebane and Feral.  There’s plenty of demand for Brotherhood characters in this very discussion.

Also, the people expressing X-Men fatigue are mostly the collectors who either don't collect X-Men or for whom X-Men at least aren't one of their main interests. I don't blame them at all. Movie-related stuff got pushed back due to the pandemic, and so the X-Men extras ended up feeling like they were taking the place of non-X waves. The funny thing is that last year was arguably just as good, if not better, a year for X-Men, with three phenomenal waves (Caliban, retro, and X-Force), along with multiple great 80th anniversary tie-in products (Love Triangle, Havok/Polaris, Colossus/Juggernaut, Family Matters), Walgreens exclusives (Mystique, Emma, Dani, Cuckoos), and fan channel exclusives (Deathlok, cowboy Logan). This year we only had the polarizing Age of Apocalypse wave, a Deadpool wave (which is like half an X-Men wave), a few fan channel exclusives (Storm, Beast, Apocalypse), and the 20th anniversary stuff (including the SDCC sets), much of which is based on movies and isn't necessarily going to appeal to every X-collector.

Sure, the comic anniversary packs were arguably better than last year (legitimately tough call), and the fan channel releases certainly were, plus we also got the Haslab campaign (though not the release), and Nimrod, Strong Guy, and White Queen Emma were certainly major checkboxes that needed ticking for a lot of people, but I definitely bought a lot more last year than this year, and was a lot more excited about those purchases on average. I really think people are tired of X-Men only by virtue of the deficit of alternatives right now, not because there's actually a crazy amount releasing. The anniversary theme being entirely dedicated to them didn't help, I guess. Honestly, if Age of Apocalypse and the movies aren't your thing, it was actually a really light year for X-fans, without even a proper dedicated wave of their own. Next year, I expect the anniversary theme to belong to Spider-Man, so we probably won't see much in the way of X-Men stand-alone products or exclusives, but they'll probably still get two to three solid waves, which isn't exactly a drought. It'll all balance out.

14 hours ago, MfkrJones said:

I agree.  Magneto, Rogue, and Sabretooth are easy to sell.  Nemesis would probably be a BAF again.  So four other figures in the wave if I’m right.  I don’t think a AoA Colossus or Nightcrawler would peg-warm either.  Nightcrawler wouldn’t need more than a new head and the armor parts, plus further down the road it’s use as an X-Force repaint makes it a no-brainer.

Hasbro never said a second AOA wave was a sure thing. The only thing they have stated was that what we saw at Toy Fair back in February was all we would be getting this year, and they would wait and see

I see a handful of AOA warming the pegs, mostly big hair Wolvy & Morph. Never saw the hype bout Sugarman either,  AOA wasn't a wave I invested in & neither will I invest in a 2nd wave. 2020 has been a yr where I have done some serious cherry picking of waves or outright did not purchase a single fig from some waves. Once I get the Nimrod 3 pack, of which I will be selling off the other 2 characters as neither appeals to me, I will have purchased a total of about 25 figures 9 months into the yr. I'll wait till I see Warpath & Black Tom either on sale or buy em loose on ebay later in the yr as those are the only 2 from that wave that I want. I've got WM & Storm/T-Bird on pre-oder & hopefully I find SCIM at Walgreens in the near future.. Then I'll just wait to see if we have a wave or 2 coming out in these last 3-4 months of the yr & see what I'll get from that. 

20 hours ago, Benn said:

The existence of a second Age of Apocalypse wave has been a big game of telephone. All they said originally was that they were open to doing a second wave if the first did well, which pretty much means maybe we could see more in 2022, but the internet heard "maybe another wave this year" and the echoes reverberated into "definitely another wave this year", which caused a lot of confusion as that became decreasingly likely. I'd love Age of Apocalypse wave 2 to be an end-of-the-year surprise that conveniently satisfies all those hints, but I think it's much more likely we're looking at gamerverse wave 2, which is definitely coming this year, and which we otherwise know nothing about. I think Vulture's wing sculpt and M.O.D.O.K.'s prominent role in the game lend a lot of support to the notion that Falcon or M.O.D.O.K. could be in the wave, and it's possible the rumoured U.S. Agent isn't actually a Walgreens exclusive, since Rektangular reports misinformation based on bad assumptions pretty much all the time.

Also, the people expressing X-Men fatigue are mostly the collectors who either don't collect X-Men or for whom X-Men at least aren't one of their main interests. I don't blame them at all. Movie-related stuff got pushed back due to the pandemic, and so the X-Men extras ended up feeling like they were taking the place of non-X waves. The funny thing is that last year was arguably just as good, if not better, a year for X-Men, with three phenomenal waves (Caliban, retro, and X-Force), along with multiple great 80th anniversary tie-in products (Love Triangle, Havok/Polaris, Colossus/Juggernaut, Family Matters), Walgreens exclusives (Mystique, Emma, Dani, Cuckoos), and fan channel exclusives (Deathlok, cowboy Logan). This year we only had the polarizing Age of Apocalypse wave, a Deadpool wave (which is like half an X-Men wave), a few fan channel exclusives (Storm, Beast, Apocalypse), and the 20th anniversary stuff (including the SDCC sets), much of which is based on movies and isn't necessarily going to appeal to every X-collector.

Sure, the comic anniversary packs were arguably better than last year (legitimately tough call), and the fan channel releases certainly were, plus we also got the Haslab campaign (though not the release), and Nimrod, Strong Guy, and White Queen Emma were certainly major checkboxes that needed ticking for a lot of people, but I definitely bought a lot more last year than this year, and was a lot more excited about those purchases on average. I really think people are tired of X-Men only by virtue of the deficit of alternatives right now, not because there's actually a crazy amount releasing. The anniversary theme being entirely dedicated to them didn't help, I guess. Honestly, if Age of Apocalypse and the movies aren't your thing, it was actually a really light year for X-fans, without even a proper dedicated wave of their own. Next year, I expect the anniversary theme to belong to Spider-Man, so we probably won't see much in the way of X-Men stand-alone products or exclusives, but they'll probably still get two to three solid waves, which isn't exactly a drought. It'll all balance out.

All good points.

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I see a handful of AOA warming the pegs, mostly big hair Wolvy & Morph. Never saw the hype bout Sugarman either,  AOA wasn't a wave I invested in & neither will I invest in a 2nd wave. 2020 has been a yr where I have done some serious cherry picking of waves or outright did not purchase a single fig from some waves. Once I get the Nimrod 3 pack, of which I will be selling off the other 2 characters as neither appeals to me, I will have purchased a total of about 25 figures 9 months into the yr. I'll wait till I see Warpath & Black Tom either on sale or buy em loose on ebay later in the yr as those are the only 2 from that wave that I want. I've got WM & Storm/T-Bird on pre-oder & hopefully I find SCIM at Walgreens in the near future.. Then I'll just wait to see if we have a wave or 2 coming out in these last 3-4 months of the yr & see what I'll get from that. 

This. I’m sorry AOA fans but this entire wave is peg warming in every store I visit. I’ve been hunting hard for the Deadpool wave but literally in all stores the pegs are stocked full of AOA figs that anyone who wanted them already got them and the over stock is rotting in Meijers, Targets, Walmart’s, Walgreens, .. either stores overestimated the appeal or Hasbro did.. either way this surplus of AOA figs is hindering new releases.

istheir really a need for 2nd wave?

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

This. I’m sorry AOA fans but this entire wave is peg warming in every store I visit. I’ve been hunting hard for the Deadpool wave but literally in all stores the pegs are stocked full of AOA figs that anyone who wanted them already got them and the over stock is rotting in Meijers, Targets, Walmart’s, Walgreens, .. either stores overestimated the appeal or Hasbro did.. either way this surplus of AOA figs is hindering new releases.

I'd rather have 616 X-Men releases every day of the week, but they started Age, so now I'll be disappointed if we don't at least fill in a few of the major holes. I'd honestly prefer two-packs (Colossus/Shadowcat, Magneto/Rogue, Cyclops/Havok) and an occasional figure thrown into a standard wave (Sabretooth, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Holocaust) to a second dedicated wave. That said, pegwarming is definitely regional rather than universal. There's not much to be had around here. Occasionally, a Weapon X, but mostly the wave has sold through fine, and I've yet to even see Apocalypse.

39 minutes ago, Benn said:

I'd rather have 616 X-Men releases every day of the week, but they started Age, so now I'll be disappointed if we don't at least fill in a few of the major holes. I'd honestly prefer two-packs (Colossus/Shadowcat, Magneto/Rogue, Cyclops/Havok) and an occasional figure thrown into a standard wave (Sabretooth, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Holocaust) to a second dedicated wave. That said, pegwarming is definitely regional rather than universal. There's not much to be had around here. Occasionally, a Weapon X, but mostly the wave has sold through fine, and I've yet to even see Apocalypse.

I agree with your points. I can accept that the peg warming may be regional, and this is all  I can attest to. My area is Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. In these areas every figure from this wave is in abundance. And this is being  EXTREMELY generous with the word “abundance”.   More like deluge.

granted, this AOA wave has been the exception with sheer quantity but the fact remains every figure from this wave can be found with exceptional ease. Every other recent wave is hit or miss

edit: also agree, if you start a team/ universe Hasbro finish it 

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

As you said peg warming is regional in my local comic shop (the only place you can get Marvel legends in the whole South East of Ireland), the AOA wave flew off the pegs barring Jean and Wild Child. With pretty much every other recent wave, all the characters are still there

16 hours ago, leokearon said:

As you said peg warming is regional in my local comic shop (the only place you can get Marvel legends in the whole South East of Ireland), the AOA wave flew off the pegs barring Jean and Wild Child. With pretty much every other recent wave, all the characters are still there

Crazy that there isn’t more trading on this site. Seems with a little communication and helpfulness everyone could get any figure they needed..

7 hours ago, McHogan said:

Crazy that there isn’t more trading on this site. Seems with a little communication and helpfulness everyone could get any figure they needed..

From my own experience, it's the shipping. Shipping anything to Ireland especially from America is so damn expensive, it makes any purchase or trade, not worth it unless I buy in bulk

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 5:50 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

".... I actually prefer when figures drop into shelves with no reveal. Red Hulk was pretty close to that. That made the mad dash fun. I know they do it to build hype but i remember being a kid going hunting and never knowing what i was going to find...." 

For me it was anything but "fun". The Red Hulk was another senseless fiasco that really made me question this whole thing and frankly, I have far more important things to do than run from store to store looking for stuff that isn't even there. I thought the point of making merchandise was to have your customers actually BUY it, and they cant do that if you make it unavailable.

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

From my own experience, it's the shipping. Shipping anything to Ireland especially from America is so damn expensive, it makes any purchase or trade, not worth it unless I buy in bulk

This is true. Many years back I used to do some trading and giveaways and a very bad experience shipping to Brazil, of all places, made me have to stop doing it, just to avoid the hassle.

22 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

For me it was anything but "fun". The Red Hulk was another senseless fiasco that really made me question this whole thing and frankly, I have far more important things to do than run from store to store looking for stuff that isn't even there. I thought the point of making merchandise was to have your customers actually BUY it, and they cant do that if you make it unavailable.

It used to be fun, but between Target exclusives, which sell out in seconds to scalpers and bots, Wal-Mart exclusives, which may or may not even show up in your area, and Walgreens exclusives, which is a crap shoot if your order gets cancelled or not, it's too much like work.

That Red Hulk was particularly frustrating. If you weren't one of the luck few who got a hold of one during the few minutes it was actually up then you got to see them go up almost immediately on EBay at ridiculously high prices.

I've been so frustrated, this year in particular, that I almost considered quitting the habit altogether. It would save me some dough, but I've already got so much tied up into it, it's just such a shame to let go of it. I have slowed quite a bit though. McFarlane doing his weird thing with DC Multiverse (or Bat-Verse) helped me quit that line and NECA staring to do garbage like Back to the Future animated has made me avoid them more and more. Right about now ML and Fortnite Legendary (just cuz they're so damn good) are about the only real habits I have.