New Rumored Marvel Legends Wave Listings Discovered Including New X-Men Wave

JayC

I only primarily collect comic based ML figs & I'm waiting to see what version of the HAND Ninjas Hasbro is going with before I purchase any  Cobra Ninjas. I plan in getting a few Valaverse figs to fill out generic ML biker/thug characters & troop builders. Not rich like some of you that can afford to buy 5-6 different lines of toys.

26 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I only primarily collect comic based ML figs & I'm waiting to see what version of the HAND Ninjas Hasbro is going with before I purchase any  Cobra Ninjas. I plan in getting a few Valaverse figs to fill out generic ML biker/thug characters & troop builders. Not rich like some of you that can afford to buy 5-6 different lines of toys.

I mainly collect the comic versions, but I'll buy MCU if they look cool and spark my interest. As for the Hand-Ninjas, I'm indifferent. In my head-cannon, Marvel's Hand has been thoroughly supplanted by the TMNT's Foot (represented by the Animated line's Foot Soldiers). My collection, my rules.

As for being rich? I had to laugh at that. My collecting involves a lot of cherry-picking, and a LOT of tough choices. Example; Marvel Legends are in, G.I. Joe Classified and Fortnite are out. Fan-Channel War Machine is in, Hellfire Club Boxed set is out. Target TMNT's are in, HasLab is so far OUT I don't even consider it a thing.

1 hour ago, mako said:

I mainly collect the comic versions, but I'll buy MCU if they look cool and spark my interest. As for the Hand-Ninjas, I'm indifferent. In my head-cannon, Marvel's Hand has been thoroughly supplanted by the TMNT's Foot (represented by the Animated line's Foot Soldiers). My collection, my rules.

As for being rich? I had to laugh at that. My collecting involves a lot of cherry-picking, and a LOT of tough choices. Example; Marvel Legends are in, G.I. Joe Classified and Fortnite are out. Fan-Channel War Machine is in, Hellfire Club Boxed set is out. Target TMNT's are in, HasLab is so far OUT I don't even consider it a thing.

Having to cherry pick always sucks. Reading that the Hellfire Club box set is out for you brought a sad tear to my eye.

1 hour ago, Emnems80 said:

Having to cherry pick always sucks. Reading that the Hellfire Club box set is out for you brought a sad tear to my eye.

It upsets you more than I then. Now if I were to miss out on Rhodey, that would be a crying shame. It's just a matter of what you want and how much you want it. Hellfire Club was just low man on the totem pole.

On 9/7/2020 at 4:38 AM, Atlantis said:

For me it was anything but "fun". The Red Hulk was another senseless fiasco that really made me question this whole thing and frankly, I have far more important things to do than run from store to store looking for stuff that isn't even there. I thought the point of making merchandise was to have your customers actually BUY it, and they cant do that if you make it unavailable.

Running from store to store is senseless in any right. It's even more senseless when you don't know if what you want will be there. I suggest getting the DCPI# and calling ahead. All of my targets were very honest that they didn't have it, then i found one that told me when they were coming.  I'm sure customers bought the shiet out of red hulk, they didn't loose any money on that release and i'm sure we will see a second release. 
Your argument is more about product availability  not how they get revealed. Which is  what i was saying. I like the surprise of an unrevealed product. 

Also they are toys, i know we like them a lot but i don't really let it bother me that i didn't get one or two figures out of the 150 they release this year.

I think most target exclusive MLs have been relatively plentiful, with Red Hulk being a prominent exception.  Even the iron spidey/iron man 2-pack that i never saw in stores was available via their website at one point.    But obviously it can vary from one store to the next.

Now, the target exclusive  cobra island G.I. Joes are a different matter, don't think i've ever heard so many crazy hunting stories.  Definitely turned me off from wanting to get into the line, both because i don't feel like hunting in that kind of hardcore mode, and also because i just don't want to be associated with Joe collectors at this point, between the grown men running through stores, hassling target employees, and (at least in one case) trying to steal some and assaulting a worker in the process.  Pretty pathetic.

Fortunately i'm not aware of people going so crazy over ML figures, sure you get people who drive all over the place to different stores (especially for WG exclusives) but not as much waiting outside before the store opens, racing thru the store, or being rude to employees, etc.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:32 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Running from store to store is senseless in any right. It's even more senseless when you don't know if what you want will be there. I suggest getting the DCPI# and calling ahead. All of my targets were very honest that they didn't have it, then i found one that told me when they were coming.  I'm sure customers bought the shiet out of red hulk, they didn't loose any money on that release and i'm sure we will see a second release. 
Your argument is more about product availability  not how they get revealed. Which is  what i was saying. I like the surprise of an unrevealed product. 

Also they are toys, i know we like them a lot but i don't really let it bother me that i didn't get one or two figures out of the 150 they release this year.

For your information, I did call ahead and was told they had them only to get there to find out they didn't have them and they had never received a shipment. Now as to which clerk I spoke to that was correct and which one was talking out their ass, I couldn't tell.  But it doesn't matter, if theyre going to be the exclusive carrier of whatever the item is, they should have it and we shouldn't have to go through this. Good for you; you had a better experience than myself and many others had.

13 hours ago, Atlantis said:

For your information, I did call ahead and was told they had them only to get there to find out they didn't have them and they had never received a shipment. Now as to which clerk I spoke to that was correct and which one was talking out their ass, I couldn't tell.  But it doesn't matter, if theyre going to be the exclusive carrier of whatever the item is, they should have it and we shouldn't have to go through this. Good for you; you had a better experience than myself and many others had.

Go through what? It is a hobby and sometimes distribution or production quantities are off. It comes with the hobby. I don't  mean to come off as a prick, I get your frustration but if you aren't having fun with the hobby and collecting or hunting is causing you stress i would say it's no longer healthy. I haven't even seen a target exclusive Joe and I'm not about to go to twelve different targets looking. it's just senseless. They will show up when they show up. Watching Hasbro's track record, I know you will get another shot at a Red Hulk for retail price (possibly a better version), just like i will get another shot at cobra troopers or beachhead at some point. 

Again, my original argument was about reveals, this is more about product availability. 

• 1 month later...

If there is a new X-Men wave coming ( which isn't all that surprising, though I DO wish Hasbro would ease up on X-Men, Spidey, etc and look at other characters), I'm hoping we'll see Banshee this time around. I posted before, a Banshee/ Siryn 2 pack wouldn't be a bad thing, especially if they do a running change where he's in his iconic green/yellow, and she's wearing the X-Men training outfit, then vice versa.

banshee-sir_jpg_13780ffff02af695eba9302c0f3a5452.jpg

9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If there is a new X-Men wave coming ( which isn't all that surprising, though I DO wish Hasbro would ease up on X-Men, Spidey, etc and look at other characters), I'm hoping we'll see Banshee this time around. I posted before, a Banshee/ Siryn 2 pack wouldn't be a bad thing, especially if they do a running change where he's in his iconic green/yellow, and she's wearing the X-Men training outfit, then vice versa.

banshee-sir_jpg_13780ffff02af695eba9302c0f3a5452.jpg

Yes to both Irish heroes.