Disney Left Mourning And Scrambling After Chadwick Boseman's Sudden Death

JayC

I can't believe no one thought of this yet. A way of "replacing" T'Challa in the MCU..........................Kasper Cole.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kevin_Cole_(Earth-616)

I mean think of it. You can have T'Challa being killed off in the next movie and they found out there is another member of the royal family in hiding. This turns out to Kasper Cole, the brother of Killmonger. Imagine the story of having a heroes who has to work with people who not only killed his father but also his brother.

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, replacing Boseman is going to lead to comparisons and I'm not sure who would want that extra pressure

His performance wasn't that brilliant. I mean he was good for the part but he was no where near the top. It's not like he was was Joaquin Phoenix as Joker or Heath Ledger who also has an incredible performance (but i think is given extra credit because he died so close after that role). 

But honestly if the only reason Disney is NOT replacing Boseman is because he died, I feel like we are giving his death too much power. Boseman would have wanted to see the story finished, with or with out him. 

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, replacing Boseman is going to lead to comparisons and I'm not sure who would want that extra pressure

Yeah fair or not, If they recast a new actor, there will always be comparisons. 

In my circle, there is still debate over who was the best Bond. While I can appreciate what each actor brought to their turn at the role, there are differences to each performance. Some minor (Connery was a cigarette smoker while Moore was a cigar man) and some huge but after an initial warming up period each actor made the role their own. 

I truly think a new actor can move the Black Panther story forward. He doesn’t have to BE Chadwick Boseman, he just needs to bring something unique to the role.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

I can't believe no one thought of this yet. A way of "replacing" T'Challa in the MCU..........................Kasper Cole.

I mean think of it. You can have T'Challa being killed off in the next movie and they found out there is another member of the royal family in hiding. This turns out to Kasper Cole, the brother of Killmonger. Imagine the story of having a heroes who has to work with people who not only killed his father but also his brother.

Could be interesting,  don't forget T'challa also has two brothers which could also be brought in. 

6 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Could be interesting,  don't forget T'challa also has two brothers which could also be brought in. 

exactly Although I doubt they would make Hunter become BP as he is white (yeah I know, they would change it in the movies) and his other brother hasn't been seen since his death.

11 minutes ago, tarot said:

exactly Although I doubt they would make Hunter become BP as he is white (yeah I know, they would change it in the movies) and his other brother hasn't been seen since his death.

Also Kasper would have the more interesting story

5 hours ago, tarot said:

Its . . . an idea. It would be in incredibly bad taste, but it IS an idea.

My niece just showed me a video from Tic-Toc of Stan Lee meeting Black panther at the Pearly Gates, and the two walking in together.

I thought it was sweet, but at the same time, I feel kinda sorry for Boseman. Be honest, how many of us are heart-broken because a talented actor has died, and how many are upset because "That Who Guy Played Black Panther" died?

Would this thread even exist if Boseman's biggest role had been the male lead in a Lifetime Rom/Com?