Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Boxset Video Review And Images

JayC

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I imagine that Shaw and Pierce actually do have some torso articulation, probably hindered by the waist coat...it looks very stiff, but since this erivera didn't cover that, I don't really know.

Yeah, he only mentioned that there was a reused torso (that would have articulation) under the coat. I completely agree that he should have at least shown if it was still usable, unusable, or just limited.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 9:22 AM, Emnems80 said:

Yeah, he only mentioned that there was a reused torso (that would have articulation) under the coat. I completely agree that he should have at least shown if it was still usable, unusable, or just limited.

I do like the patterned vest and additional cuffs along with the heftier buck used for "civilian" attire. Play around with these elements a bit, tweak here and there, and you've got a great Tomb of Dracula figure. Hasbro needs some variety in this department anyway, cause the Everett Ross buck is too slender to be used by Everybody.

So, this is 2x completely new sculpts: the only difference between girls is heads and capes (and Jean/Selene gets (1). a kinky whip - ultra-rubbery recast of Black Cat's whip from the ancient Ultimate Green Goblin wave and (2). A cute, spiky l'il collar) and the difference between the boys is head sculpts. The chaps do have the standard ab-crunch, and waistcoats are soft (plastic) enough to make this articulation worthwhile. Packaging is nice, but for me, it's nowhere near the beautiful, and cool Book of Vishanti box from a million SDCC's ago. It also comes with a weird, pretend letter thing that you can open, but I don't dare to (I'm hoping there's a few £20 notes in there to offset what I've spent on this). 

It's a big hit on some levels - head sculpts are just superb, it does look like an 'event' box set and not just a bunch of repaint thrown together in a crap box, and figure selection is good: three figures we possibly wouldn't have got, and a nice iteration of Emma. And, accessories... there are some! Yay. But no cape for Pearce (like the classic look, but Jim Lee's Reavers version is unbeatable).

But... four figures?? Just a Dark Phoenix saga Wyngarde / Mastermind swap head would have been cool, and knowing a Leland figure is never going to happen makes me sad. Because now who is going to use Nimrod's mass against him and drop him to the earth's fiery core before having a heart attack?And where's Tessa? Maybe even a Hellfire Commando would have softened the blow. 

But the worst thing - the plastic (plasticine?) used on the girls' legs. Appalling at this price point. 

IMG_20200908_232003.jpg

IMG_20200908_232101.jpg

IMG_20200908_232200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The best experience I have ever had getting exclusives. Got everything I wanted in multiple orders, including this set. I think the Star Wars Endor set was the first to sell out and that was still available for almost 15 minutes.

Great job Hasbro. And to think...I ordered an item on the first day pulse went live a year and a half ago and have never paid a membership fee. What a deal!!!

9 minutes ago, Merchverse said:

The best experience I have ever had getting exclusives. Got everything I wanted in multiple orders, including this set. I think the Star Wars Endor set was the first to sell out and that was still available for almost 15 minutes.

Great job Hasbro. And to think...I ordered an item on the first day pulse went live a year and a half ago and have never paid a membership fee. What a deal!!!

1 of each per customer or multiples of each in different orders?

32 minutes ago, Benn said:

I actually ordered two Hellfire Clubs, in separate orders, just to see if it was possible, and because I have friends locally who aren't going to get in on this. Not sure if the second order will get cancelled. Hopefully they don't both get cancelled.

Oof.  Playing with fire there.  (Hellfire!)  I've got a buddy I'd like to take care of, but I'm much too scared that both would get canceled!

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

1 of each per customer or multiples of each in different orders?

I only got 1 of each item. I just did it in separate orders. I wasn't sure how fast things would sell out so I grabbed the Hellfire and Cobra Commander first. Then got the endor set and Transformers set together in another order. Then i ordered a Wampa for a friend.

56 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Does anyone know if these are ready to ship of if we will get them in november?

Well, the charge is already pending on my credit card.  Pulse normally doesn't start processing payment until the thing is fixing to ship.  I don't know how far out they have to plan their productions, but without COVID, the sets should have been ready for convention purchase right now, right?  I don't think any of Hasbro's other ML offerings for the year were significatnly pushed back by the virus, and some folks have already gotten advanced copies.  Seems reasonable that they would be ready to go.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Well, the charge is already pending on my credit card.  Pulse normally doesn't start processing payment until the thing is fixing to ship.  I don't know how far out they have to plan their productions, but without COVID, the sets should have been ready for convention purchase right now, right?  I don't think any of Hasbro's other ML offerings for the year were significatnly pushed back by the virus, and some folks have already gotten advanced copies.  Seems reasonable that they would be ready to go.

I just got more excited!

7 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

well awesome, I'm sitting here trying to complete the order and I cannot put my credit card information in, just lovely.

Just be patient.  My wife had the same problem and it fixed itself after a couple minutes.  Given the "pre order" nature today, I'm suspecting they're basically going to produce to demand.  I don't think there will be a sellout.

6 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Just be patient.  My wife had the same problem and it fixed itself after a couple minutes.  Given the "pre order" nature today, I'm suspecting they're basically going to produce to demand.  I don't think there will be a sellout.

Oh seems like you are correct, It just fixed itself and allowed me to put my card information in.

I'm gonna say this:  If the Regal Variant Cobra Commander and now it looks like some of these Pulse-Con exclusives become the way of the future, it'll be a game-changer as far as exclusives go:

Pulse Premium:  You get early access, both to order and (probably?) for getting product in-hand.

Non-Premium:  You get your product later, but we're producing to demand so everyone that orders gets one.  No more instant sellouts, basically. 

I know some people will be upset that their "Exclusives" aren't as exclusive anymore if this turns out to be the case, but I think it'd be a great way to get collectors the stuff they want.

Or it could just be an aberration for this particular year, who knows?