Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Boxset Video Review And Images

JayC

35 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I know some people will be upset that their "Exclusives" aren't as exclusive anymore if this turns out to be the case, but I think it'd be a great way to get collectors the stuff they want.

I will be, for sure.  I can't stand it when other people I don't know and will never meet have the same toys as me.  I HATE IT!!

4 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Does anyone know if these are ready to ship of if we will get them in november?

3 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Well, the charge is already pending on my credit card.  Pulse normally doesn't start processing payment until the thing is fixing to ship.  I don't know how far out they have to plan their productions, but without COVID, the sets should have been ready for convention purchase right now, right?  I don't think any of Hasbro's other ML offerings for the year were significatnly pushed back by the virus, and some folks have already gotten advanced copies.  Seems reasonable that they would be ready to go.

Do the Pulse Premium members get it sooner? I don't have premium and but my order in today. It showed the estimated ship date to be 3/29/21

1 hour ago, Emnems80 said:

Do the Pulse Premium members get it sooner? I don't have premium and but my order in today. It showed the estimated ship date to be 3/29/21

Probably, we deserve it since we were down from the beginning.

I was just being facetious. It's hard to get through text. 

5 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Even if you weren't, it still would be understandable to at least get something beneficial like that for paying for the premium service.

I think most people got in for free. If you made a purchase with in the first month you got it for free. Then they extended it for me. But I’m glad they are making enough for everyone. Hasbro pulse is definitely a good thing in the long run.

Really hope that new pre order batch will improve on Emma's eyes paint apps. I also hope that whenever set is released Emma and Jean won't be too overpriced individually on secondary market, since the set I got was for my bestie and just couldn't let him down, so I guess I will have to hunt down Emma and Jean in 2021 fingers crossed it won't cost me fortune. 

On 9/7/2020 at 1:29 AM, Atlantis said:

I imagine that Shaw and Pierce actually do have some torso articulation, probably hindered by the waist coat...it looks very stiff, but since this erivera didn't cover that, I don't really know.

The comparison shot with Mystique just underscores how terrible the spindly leg buck is for a supposedly adult female in the line. Emma's and Black Queen's thighs look better, but we can see the gummy knee joints. Torso wise,  too small for the characters theyre supposed to reflect- and before anyone starts babbling their theories about moms not wanting to see these in the toy aisles, remember this is closed box set, only available thru Pulse. At the very least if Hasbro wont use the Rogue/Black Cat mold from a few years ago, use the new Rogue mold from the Rogue/Pyro two pack. No gummy knees and an accurate enough torso.

Still, this is a very very nice box set, and I sure hope to be able to get it without the impossible hassles we've had to deal with.

Hellfire Club arrived today! Glad they set it by the door 'cause I'm laid up and cant get to my mailbox lol. 

The figures look great....the concerns I had are still there. The knee joints for the queens are indeed gummy, but they molded on their evening gloves are molded on and not painted, which is great. I'm gonna have to find a white choker for Emma but I really do like the headsculpt they gave her. The guys really came out well and I can see that with some retooling to the calf and other areas, they could make good bases for an updated Tomb of Dracula. The box set itself is really well done and the assortment of hands/fists have their own special compartment and lid. Very nice touch.

I generally dont like molded capes but see why they're done. In this case the capes both look great, have their individual style, the color paints on all the figures are very, very well done. 

This is a great box set and I really like the convivence of getting them all at once! No hunting. Ok.....meds are in effect....I gotta lay down. Great set , highly recommended! 

21 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Hellfire Club arrived today! Glad they set it by the door 'cause I'm laid up and cant get to my mailbox lol. 

The figures look great....the concerns I had are still there. The knee joints for the queens are indeed gummy, but they molded on their evening gloves are molded on and not painted, which is great. I'm gonna have to find a white choker for Emma but I really do like the headsculpt they gave her. The guys really came out well and I can see that with some retooling to the calf and other areas, they could make good bases for an updated Tomb of Dracula. The box set itself is really well done and the assortment of hands/fists have their own special compartment and lid. Very nice touch.

I generally dont like molded capes but see why they're done. In this case the capes both look great, have their individual style, the color paints on all the figures are very, very well done. 

This is a great box set and I really like the convivence of getting them all at once! No hunting. Ok.....meds are in effect....I gotta lay down. Great set , highly recommended! 

Emma’s eye paint is good ? I mean I’m in preorder list so I have to wait a lot but still wondering. 

12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I think it looks perfect. Wasnt on the Walgreens spare head but looks fantastic and fitting here.

Good to hear that. Even though I spent my 1 slot by ordering set for my friend, my gf hearing that also did registered  and ordered me set separately, so I guess I will also get to see Emma soon enough or I guess not that soon there’s long way till March, hopefully eye paint will be good on mine and my friend’s set. 

9 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Good to hear that. Even though I spent my 1 slot by ordering set for my friend, my gf hearing that also did registered  and ordered me set separately, so I guess I will also get to see Emma soon enough or I guess not that soon there’s long way till March, hopefully eye paint will be good on mine and my friend’s set. 

That's just my opinion, but I really do believe the one in the Club set looks better than the Walgreens one. Both of these shorter hair versions are closer to the way Byrne drew her on, say, the cover of X-Men #131. The Walgreens version has a darker skin tone and looks great ( I actually was gonna pass on that Emma, but got it cheap and the short hair version is the one I display her with). The Hellfire Club has blue eye shadow and brighter red lipstick. Its much more fitting to the eroticism the White Queen would project. 

If I were to make any improvements, I would have used the pinless tech they did for Rogue/Pyro 2 pack, which would have prevented the gummy knees, and had a biceps swivel and double jointed elbows for Emma & Black Queen. Its a shame we didnt get Leland, and I wouldve made Pierce skinny....but otherwise, this is a great set and worth the $$.

14 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

That's just my opinion, but I really do believe the one in the Club set looks better than the Walgreens one. Both of these shorter hair versions are closer to the way Byrne drew her on, say, the cover of X-Men #131. The Walgreens version has a darker skin tone and looks great ( I actually was gonna pass on that Emma, but got it cheap and the short hair version is the one I display her with). The Hellfire Club has blue eye shadow and brighter red lipstick. Its much more fitting to the eroticism the White Queen would project. 

If I were to make any improvements, I would have used the pinless tech they did for Rogue/Pyro 2 pack, which would have prevented the gummy knees, and had a biceps swivel and double jointed elbows for Emma & Black Queen. Its a shame we didnt get Leland, and I wouldve made Pierce skinny....but otherwise, this is a great set and worth the $$.

I doubt we gonna see double joints in females anytime soon 😞  Like here it is pinless system going all strong but there's nothing for females so dar so I dunno, but we can hope for future.

10 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I doubt we gonna see double joints in females anytime soon 😞  Like here it is pinless system going all strong but there's nothing for females so dar so I dunno, but we can hope for future.

We have seen double jointed elbows on ladies but it is very rare

42 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I got my Hellfire set TODAY!! Im so pumped. I listed my nitpick over on another site...really when it comes down to it I just want two more things...Wyngarde and Leland!!

I LOVE that we got this set and that goons are coming soon!!

20201004_164432.jpg

20201004_164826_HDR.jpg

20201004_160357_HDR.jpg

Congrats! I got mine pr-ordered and suppose to arrive in March 2021. Yeah, I agree we need Jason to go with this set.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Rescue, Proxima Midnight...cant remember who else but they came out great, so not sure what Hasbro's issue is.

Yeah but all of them are bigger type along with Endgame quantum suit, but i think most prominent is MarvelUniverse 3 3/4 inch she Hulk with double Joint. I hope they can do it since Hasbro is reusing female arms most of the time. 

aww, damn! I just noticed something on my Emma....her left leg is fine but the hip/buns joint looks weird. Now I know why...they gave her two right joints and flipped the 2nd one around, then attached the leg. So she's half ass backwards! Its almost unnoticeable. Anyone else see this?

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

aww, damn! I just noticed something on my Emma....her left leg is fine but the hip/buns joint looks weird. Now I know why...they gave her two right joints and flipped the 2nd one around, then attached the leg. So she's half ass backwards! Its almost unnoticeable. Anyone else see this?

So if you are a “butt guy” you can get real mileage out of that saying ‘ I hate to see you go but I love watching you leave”.. 

except now there is no wrong way for Emma to enter a room 😛

• 2 weeks later...