Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Boxset Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Hellfire Club boxset from Hasbro. The set includes figures of Black King: Sebastian Shaw, White Queen: Emma Frost, White Bishop Donald Pierce and Black Queen Selene Gallio who also comes with an alternate Jean Grey head from the Dark Phoenix Saga. This set should be sold here in the US on the HasbroPulse website during the Pulse-Con virtual event on September 25-26.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Hellfire-Club-01.jpg

Hellfire-Club-02.jpg

Hellfire-Club-03.jpg

Hellfire-Club-04.jpg

Hellfire-Club-05.jpg

Hellfire-Club-06.jpg

Hellfire-Club-07.jpg

Hellfire-Club-08.jpg

Hellfire-Club-09.jpg

Hellfire-Club-10.jpg

Hellfire-Club-11.jpg

Hellfire-Club-12.jpg

Hellfire-Club-13.jpg

Hellfire-Club-14.jpg

Hellfire-Club-15.jpg

Hellfire-Club-16.jpg

Hellfire-Club-17.jpg

Hellfire-Club-18.jpg

Hellfire-Club-19.jpg

Hellfire-Club-20.jpg

Hellfire-Club-21.jpg

Hellfire-Club-22.jpg

Hellfire-Club-23.jpg

Hellfire-Club-24.jpg

Hellfire-Club-25.jpg

Hellfire-Club-26.jpg

Hellfire-Club-27.jpg

It's awesome, I love it.. I only have 2 nit picks and they probably are irrelevant to everyone ,  the make up on the ladies... seems to thick and heavy, wish it would have been more subtle, it's too lady of the nightesque, also yes I know it would be wrong not to put these ladies in heels, but I hate Heels on legends, they don't stand man.... also the heels make them a bit to tall like.. they tall yo...

oh and for all those asking ya it will be the Selene head for me

Anyways hope I can score this set when it goes up

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Woulda preferred this version of Shaw

See the source image

YUPPPPP

And looking at that lineup of the four with Selene, she looks like she's some bum that just wandered in the club. LOL So answer the question, I'm displaying the Black Queen with the Jean head.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely getting this set (as if it was up to me. Watch it sell out...ugh).

This set is beautiful! Hoping to get two so I can display Selene and Jean, and customize the guys into additional members of the Hellfire Club.  Kept the Walgreens alternative Emma head...hoping it color matches this new body, as I am not a big fan of the eye make-up, but it is still great. I will bet money we will eventually get a re-do of Shaw that is shirtless but reuses this head and lower body. Curious to see Hasbro's earnings...they have been pushing out more product than ever before, and I am not complaining at all, but I have never gotten so many figures in such a short amount of time (AOA, Deluxe Apocalypse, Stan Lee, War Machine, Retro Spiderman stuff, Strong Guy wave, Pyro/Rogue, Punisher), and there is still Mysterio, Kingpin, Storm/Thunderbird, this boxed set, and more to be revealed at the end of this month that will still be coming out by end of year. I'm exhausted!  

An exquisite box set to be sure. The Black Queen is the same face as the new Rogue but I like it. All of the other figures are near perfect. Not sure if I will be getting this set and I'm sure as I take the time to contemplate as usual I will be too late. That box is fantastic.

Overall, this set is must get for Emma and Jean alone, this easily was one of the most exciting moments in early X-Men history, glad to see Hasbro finally giving us that along with most iconic Emma Frost looks. There's some few issues like Selene head looking all kinds of weird from the sides, Heels they used for gals are really bad and make figures impossible to  stand, they could  have easily reused Black Cat feet, they do provide much more stable heels but oh well. 

I imagine that Shaw and Pierce actually do have some torso articulation, probably hindered by the waist coat...it looks very stiff, but since this erivera didn't cover that, I don't really know.

The comparison shot with Mystique just underscores how terrible the spindly leg buck is for a supposedly adult female in the line. Emma's and Black Queen's thighs look better, but we can see the gummy knee joints. Torso wise,  too small for the characters theyre supposed to reflect- and before anyone starts babbling their theories about moms not wanting to see these in the toy aisles, remember this is closed box set, only available thru Pulse. At the very least if Hasbro wont use the Rogue/Black Cat mold from a few years ago, use the new Rogue mold from the Rogue/Pyro two pack. No gummy knees and an accurate enough torso.

Still, this is a very very nice box set, and I sure hope to be able to get it without the impossible hassles we've had to deal with.