Jump to content
JayC

Marvel Legends X-Men Psylocke, Nimrod and Fantomex 3-Pack Video Review And Images

Recommended Posts

Nimrod Legit is a shiet action figure. He's mostly a st-action figure...

-Nimrods diaphragm is just swivel, His legs barely move at all, his hands are the best part of him. 

I am really displeased with this thing. Honestly I'll probably just sell it. Should've waited for the Black Friday sale..

Wait for a sale if you can, cause the set is only worth $45.00.

Fantomex looks way better than the first release but the hard jacket makes him back heavy and limits posability,  Psylocke's mold is just off, her effects are nice. 

Subjective opinion:  Find Fantomex loose for $20.00, the rest of the set very underwhelming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to play with they and the set is solid.

Nimrod is fantastic, big and chunky with some nice accessories. Articulation is good, but the diaphragm joint is weak and reminds me of a MOTU figure's waist. Of course given that I best remember him having like 2 points of articulation, anything else is a bonus. Still wish he was a standalone deluxe.

Psylocke is very good. Nice face sculpt, standard female articulation and nice to see something that isn't a purple swimsuit. The effects are a mixed back, they aren't as transparent as I would like and the Psychic knife looks like it is made of the same ooze as Prof X's effect.

Fathomex is very poor. Super stiff cape and straps means he is hard to pose and it is nearly impossible to holster his guns. The elbows are also really thin, I fear I could break them. Luckily given the complete price I paid, it technically counts as a free figure.

Again, this would have been better if Nimrod was a standalone and the others were maybe in a two pack. But I still like this set. I wanted a Nimrod for years and I'm overall happy with him; I needed an updated Psylocke so this feels that hole and as I said Fathomex is poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

Awesome effects Man, how do you come up with this? love the cars, you gave me an idea what to do when my son is all grown up and his toy cars are all scratched and banged up

For Nimrods FX, just wood dowels of the right fit for his hand openings & hot glue at the ends to give it an impact effect. For Sunfire, clear transparent tube coated with hot glue, then painted with clear acrylic yellow, red & Orange colors. Check out big lots for 1/12 scale cars. Bought the wrestling car at target online for $18 last Dec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Again, this would have been better if Nimrod was a standalone and the others were maybe in a two pack. But I still like this set. I wanted a Nimrod for years and I'm overall happy with him; I needed an updated Psylocke so this feels that hole and as I said Fathomex is poor.

Agree with you and would have been a better option for us collectors. But I can totally see it from a sales perspective from Hasbro. Nimrod Deluxe $30 + Psylocke/Fantomex 2 pack (which less people would buy) $40 = $70 total. This set $80 which everyone who wants the Nimrod will buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Agree with you and would have been a better option for us collectors. But I can totally see it from a sales perspective from Hasbro. Nimrod Deluxe $30 + Psylocke/Fantomex 2 pack (which less people would buy) $40 = $70 total. This set $80 which everyone who wants the Nimrod will buy.

I bought this set solely for Nimrod. Sold off the other 2 for $45 so basically paid $35 for Nimrod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, leokearon said:

"....Managed to play with they and the set is solid.

Fathomex is very poor. Super stiff cape and straps means he is hard to pose and it is nearly impossible to holster his guns. The elbows are also really thin, I fear I could break them. Luckily given the complete price I paid, it technically counts as a free figure..."

 

Its a great set but not without its issues. I agree that Fantomex's stiff coat limits his poseability. Why they don't see these things in production is beyond me! They could use lighter material (like the fronds on Sif's skirt) to get more articulation in. Also, his gloves don't allow for full elbow bend; defeats the double jointed function. They should've cut just a little of the inside gauntlet near the bicep so it wont impede a full bend. Still, I do like Fantomex and I also like that new belt buckle they gave him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Agree with you and would have been a better option for us collectors. But I can totally see it from a sales perspective from Hasbro. Nimrod Deluxe $30 + Psylocke/Fantomex 2 pack (which less people would buy) $40 = $70 total. This set $80 which everyone who wants the Nimrod will buy.

That's true, I bought this for Nimrod, but I am happy with Psylocke and Fanthomex is technically free for me. So it is still money well spent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Its a great set but not without its issues. I agree that Fantomex's stiff coat limits his poseability. Why they don't see these things in production is beyond me! They could use lighter material (like the fronds on Sif's skirt) to get more articulation in. Also, his gloves don't allow for full elbow bend; defeats the double jointed function. They should've cut just a little of the inside gauntlet near the bicep so it wont impede a full bend. Still, I do like Fantomex and I also like that new belt buckle they gave him.

Even without the big gloves, the actual elbow joints look so thin, I'm afraid I'll break them. I don't remember any other elbow joints so thin on a Buck Cap mold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I bought this set solely for Nimrod. Sold off the other 2 for $45 so basically paid $35 for Nimrod. 

I was originally going to do the same. But this set seems targeted to a collector like me. I was indecisive about building an Uncanny X-Force team with all the black and silver outfits, this set pushed me to do it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

I was originally going to do the same. But this set seems targeted to a collector like me. I was indecisive about building an Uncanny X-Force team with all the black and silver outfits, this set pushed me to do it lol.

Nimrod seems bulky enough to insert electronics....tiny light just behind the chest piece would really look cool. He has minimal articulation anyway so it shouldn't interfere. And the legs are perfect for holding batteries.

I know it sounds odd but little things like lights, metallic paints, and translucence really do it for me. Who knows why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Nimrod seems bulky enough to insert electronics....tiny light just behind the chest piece would really look cool. He has minimal articulation anyway so it shouldn't interfere. And the legs are perfect for holding batteries.

I know it sounds odd but little things like lights, metallic paints, and translucence really do it for me. Who knows why.

Yep, the articulation is teriyaki on nimrod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Yep, the articulation is teriyaki on nimrod.

And who says autocorrect doesn't have a sense of humor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine just arrived today. Looking forward to opening it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satam said:

And who says autocorrect doesn't have a sense of humor?

That was on purpose lol. A mixture of (terrible and ocky).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This "Nimrod has limited POA" comments boggle my mind. It's a robot, not Spiderman. He's never been shown to do the splits or cartwheels. I counted 19 poa,  that's "limited"?  The design of the character is what gives it "limited" movement. All known Mark I-MK VI Sentinels  have never run , they walk at a decent speed. I've never seen an "athletic "  Sentinel, At least not the classic versions including Nimrod. Now if more modern Sentinels can run & are agile, that's news to me. I was able to pose him in all the positions needed for my action pics vs the X-men. The figure came out perfect & with the right amount of POA imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

This "Nimrod has limited POA" comments boggle my mind. It's a robot, not Spiderman. He's never been shown to do the splits or cartwheels. I counted 19 poa,  that's "limited"?  The design of the character is what gives it "limited" movement. All known Mark I-MK VI Sentinels  have never run , they walk at a decent speed. I've never seen an "athletic "  Sentinel, At least not the classic versions including Nimrod. Now if more modern Sentinels can run & are agile, that's news to me. I was able to pose him in all the positions needed for my action pics vs the X-men. The figure came out perfect & with the right amount of POA imo.

Can you do this with your figure? There panels of Nimrod doing more than standing or hovering. Its not spiderman, no one is asking for Butterfly joints. I am usually the first one to stand up for hasbro putting putting out great figures, but this is mediocre. They could have tried harder.

9435423D-1AC5-4805-BF5B-78C99A07B73B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Can you do this with your figure? There panels of Nimrod doing more than standing or hovering. Its not spiderman, no one is asking for Butterfly joints. I am usually the first one to stand up for hasbro putting putting out great figures, but this is mediocre. They could have tried harder.

9435423D-1AC5-4805-BF5B-78C99A07B73B.jpeg

It looks like Wolverine is stabbing Nimrod in the ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gigantor said:

This "Nimrod has limited POA" comments boggle my mind. It's a robot, not Spiderman. He's never been shown to do the splits or cartwheels. I counted 19 poa,  that's "limited"?  The design of the character is what gives it "limited" movement. All known Mark I-MK VI Sentinels  have never run , they walk at a decent speed. I've never seen an "athletic "  Sentinel, At least not the classic versions including Nimrod. Now if more modern Sentinels can run & are agile, that's news to me. I was able to pose him in all the positions needed for my action pics vs the X-men. The figure came out perfect & with the right amount of POA imo.

The only problems I have with his articulation is that the diaphragm joint doesn't stay, it springs back and the hip joints are stiff, though that might be fixed with a bit more heat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Can you do this with your figure? There panels of Nimrod doing more than standing or hovering. Its not spiderman, no one is asking for Butterfly joints. I am usually the first one to stand up for hasbro putting putting out great figures, but this is mediocre. They could have tried harder.

9435423D-1AC5-4805-BF5B-78C99A07B73B.jpeg

I'm glad they didnt do a pink "wash" ....figure looks good without it, I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm glad they didnt do a pink "wash" ....figure looks good without it, I think

That is shading/shadowing. Much like how black panther would get Blue Shading in his art work. He's the "Black" Panther not the Blue Panther. Also never said anything about the color of the figure. My ONLY gripe from the beginning is with Articulation.

Black Panther Comic Book #14, Marvel Comics 1979 VERY FINE/NEAR MINT NEW  UNREAD | eBay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gigantor said:

For Nimrods FX, just wood dowels of the right fit for his hand openings & hot glue at the ends to give it an impact effect. For Sunfire, clear transparent tube coated with hot glue, then painted with clear acrylic yellow, red & Orange colors. Check out big lots for 1/12 scale cars. Bought the wrestling car at target online for $18 last Dec.

Thanks mate 🙂 this really helps...want to improve my toy photos as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, leokearon said:

The only problems I have with his articulation is that the diaphragm joint doesn't stay, it springs back and the hip joints are stiff, though that might be fixed with a bit more heat.

Really? I had no problems posing him turning him at the diaphragm joint, he stayed put in the left or right positions that I put him in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Really? I had no problems posing him turning him at the diaphragm joint, he stayed put in the left or right positions that I put him in.

Yeah same mine stayed put too when I turned him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE