Kate Bishop Enters The New Avengers Video Game From Square Enix And Crystal Dynamics

JayC

Kate Bishop joins our expanding roster in Marvel’s Avengers: Kate Bishop – Taking AIM, a post-launch Operation in the Avengers Initiative.

Marvel’s Avengers video game is out now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC. Marvel’s Avengers will be available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X when the consoles launch in the 2020 holiday season. The game allows players to step into the role of Kamala Khan, Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk and more to go head-to-head with MODOK and the forces of AIM.

Kate-Bishop.jpeg

Game is a blast. I’ve been playing since the 1st and it is an Avenger fans dream. Once people let go that this isn’t either comics or MCU and start enjoying it for what it is they too will have so much fun

its not perfect, most of the skins are lazy re-colors of suits nobody asked for but there are a few suits as close to comic or MCU as we’re likely to get.. still not sure what the developers have against these but they are passable.. so far it’s near impossible to get the better suits without paying real money but hopefully this gets tweaked.. as much as I would like it, I’m not a 20 + hour a week gamer and with suits costing roughly $15 real world dollars this isn’t a transaction I can realistically make too often 

while some mission objectives can get repetitive, this is THE AVENGERS smashing everything in sight.. when teaming with friends it is at its best.

sounds like the plan is dropping a new hero about once a month, be interesting if the game play holds up and the draw of a new character is enough to keep the grind going...

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, SpiderS said:

This does look pretty good story wise, it's sad they didn't go fully with story based game, it was the best part of it, instead of whatever compromise we got that was destiny clone, hopefully they realize what is were their strong points and can continue on it.

Game companies today seem to want these games as a service model, where they can spoon feed their players with microtransactions, dlc and expansions without having to make another game. They get more money off that then they do the actual base game. It sucks because theres no longer beating a game, its now a job to play. I ve been finding it harder as an adult to commit to anything that i cant beat. So many of my games demand attention with this live service set up that it can get exhausting. But then again there is a crap ton of game options out there now compared to when i was a kid, so choices are nice. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Game companies today seem to want these games as a service model, where they can spoon feed their players with microtransactions, dlc and expansions without having to make another game. They get more money off that then they do the actual base game. It sucks because theres no longer beating a game, its now a job to play. I ve been finding it harder as an adult to commit to anything that i cant beat. So many of my games demand attention with this live service set up that it can get exhausting. But then again there is a crap ton of game options out there now compared to when i was a kid, so choices are nice. 

This is why the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are my absolute favorite games. Play through them, beat them, move on and come back in a year or two and repeat. And they're fun, while the Avengers game seriously felt like a job to me. I will say that the levels in Avengers dedicated to a specific character are a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Avengers and other microtransaction oriented based games failing is great precedent that people aren't willing to play this pay to play game, maybe with all horrible and embarrassing company wide losses they will understand that making actual good game is more profitable than whatever they are trying to do. Story based DLCs aren't too bad tho, I definitely can justifying  paying 15- 20 dollars  for additional story content that is at least 4 hours long.

8 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

This is why the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are my absolute favorite games. Play through them, beat them, move on and come back in a year or two and repeat. And they're fun, while the Avengers game seriously felt like a job to me. I will say that the levels in Avengers dedicated to a specific character are a lot of fun.

Man I loved the Legends games back then.. Xmen Legends 1 and 2, Ultimate alliance 1 and 2... fantastic games. Im also a big marvel capcom fanatic, which those are games i still play on the regular. I will say that This avengers game did a nice rendition of realistic but not movie tie in looks... for the most part. They look video game realistic and for most of them, works really well. The games as a service model this game has turned me off alot from it. The destiny style concept just doesnt fit this kind of game/universe. I may pick it up at some point at a really cheap price just to check it out tho. 

6 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Avengers and other microtransaction oriented based games failing is great precedent that people aren't willing to play this pay to play game, maybe with all horrible and embarrassing company wide losses they will understand that making actual good game is more profitable than whatever they are trying to do. Story based DLCs aren't too bad tho, I definitely can justifying  paying 15- 20 dollars  for additional story content that is at least 4 hours long.

Well some game companies definitely know how to keep those players invested and some work well and others fall hard. Anthem, an EA game (shock), is about to shut down, which is another games as a service game that didnt pull the numbers that they wanted.. when those games shut down, typically it means the games are unplayable as well. (which is stupid af). The Avengers game didnt really sell that great out the gate so its confusing why they are pushing so much content for a supposed dead game. Unless they had all this already made and are just releasing it all in hopes of making up for the losses and possibly gaining more players. Its sad but alot of game companies see other game companies successes in this model of games and want a piece of the pie. They will ALWAYS keep trying to get more money from their consumers. I dont see it ever going away. I just steer clear of these type of games since there is so many out there as it is. 

7 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Man I loved the Legends games back then.. Xmen Legends 1 and 2, Ultimate alliance 1 and 2... fantastic games. Im also a big marvel capcom fanatic, which those are games i still play on the regular. I will say that This avengers game did a nice rendition of realistic but not movie tie in looks... for the most part. They look video game realistic and for most of them, works really well. The games as a service model this game has turned me off alot from it. The destiny style concept just doesnt fit this kind of game/universe. I may pick it up at some point at a really cheap price just to check it out tho. 

Absolutely wait for a sale, I probably wouldn't be half as mad at the game if ai hadn't paid full price. And I used to play Marvel V Capcom 1 and 2 in the arcades like crazy as a teen. Anytime I got money for doing anything that's where it went, lol. I'm terrible at fighters so I haven't played them outside of that.

6 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Absolutely wait for a sale, I probably wouldn't be half as mad at the game if ai hadn't paid full price. And I used to play Marvel V Capcom 1 and 2 in the arcades like crazy as a teen. Anytime I got money for doing anything that's where it went, lol. I'm terrible at fighters so I haven't played them outside of that.

Yeah I was an arcade rat. Loved Xmen COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, the VS games.. all were and are my jam. Im no pro, but i absolutely love them. Alot of nostalgia that still holds up. They are broken in the hands of a pro but a medium to super casual player, they are just amazingly fun. I highly recommend checking out the Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 reissue that hit ps4, xbone, and pc. Its made for easier play than the older games and is just as faithful and fun. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Yeah I was an arcade rat. Loved Xmen COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, the VS games.. all were and are my jam. Im no pro, but i absolutely love them. Alot of nostalgia that still holds up. They are broken in the hands of a pro but a medium to super casual player, they are just amazingly fun. I highly recommend checking out the Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 reissue that hit ps4, xbone, and pc. Its made for easier play than the older games and is just as faithful and fun. 

I had mvc3 on ps3 but I never did much with it. I might have to try and revisit it on my xbone.

10 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I had mvc3 on ps3 but I never did much with it. I might have to try and revisit it on my xbone.

If you just had vanilla mvc3 and not ultimate, they did a nice overhaul of the game entirely.. Its base is still there but they added 12 more characters, the dlc from mvc3, as well as new stuff... and the ps4/xbone versions are the culmination of what they sold in the original ultimate. Alot of great additions to the roster and features. What I love alot about 3 in general is every alt color in the game references something about the characters, be it actual alt costumes, color schemes of those costumes, alt characters, or even just other characters color schemes. 

10 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

If you just had vanilla mvc3 and not ultimate, they did a nice overhaul of the game entirely.. Its base is still there but they added 12 more characters, the dlc from mvc3, as well as new stuff... and the ps4/xbone versions are the culmination of what they sold in the original ultimate. Alot of great additions to the roster and features. What I love alot about 3 in general is every alt color in the game references something about the characters, be it actual alt costumes, color schemes of those costumes, alt characters, or even just other characters color schemes. 

Nice! You've just about talked me into it.

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Nice! You've just about talked me into it.

Hehe is prettttyyyy sweeeeeet. Im such a nerd for the series but I just love nods and things like that. I had followed the game before it was coming out and capcom would release per character, shots of their alts and what they were inspired from.. I just love those little touches. plus the game is hella fun. I will stop with the mvc talk tho, I derailed this thread hard. 

I wonder if they have other dlcs planned for it. And if so, will we see more hasbro gamerverse figs. Personally none of the figs from this game really appealed to me but im intrigued to see if they have that super special redesign of a character i love that just works soooo well. 

• 4 months later...