Jump to content
JayC

Sony Planning Silk Live-Action TV Series

Recommended Posts

According to Variety, Sony is looking to do a live-action TV series based on Marvel's Silk character. Lauren Moon (Good Trouble and Netflix's Atypical) is in talks to write the series. Phil Lord, Chris Miller and Amy Pascal are set to produce and word is that Amazon is interested in possibly grabbing it for their streaming service. Silk, AKA Cindy Moon was a Korean-American classmate of Peter Parker who first appeared in the 2014 Amazing Spider-Man #1. Like Peter, she was also bitten by a radioactive spider which gave here abilities such as agility and the power to shoot webs from her fingertips. She also has her own version of the spider-sense, but she calls her's Silk-Sense.

Coincidentally Hasbro will seemingly be releasing a new updated Marvel Legends figure of the Silk character in the near future.

Silk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, I wonder if they will recast Cindy for the TV series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm cool with this, love Silk , so as long as they can do it right, and it's not some cheesy WB like show for kids and teenagers then I'm willing to bite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Interesting, I wonder if they will recast Cindy for the TV series.

They probably will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony, sit down you are drunk. Make a movie... Live action or CGI. CGI would be cooler. 

I think if they should follow the Into the Spider-verse model, it would be way more successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'm cool with this, love Silk , so as long as they can do it right, and it's not some cheesy WB like show for kids and teenagers then I'm willing to bite

I agree, I wouldn't mind it being something like a fish out of water show, were Cindy has to adapt to the modern day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems like someone hates fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

seems like someone hates fun

No, I get @Gigantor point. It seems like every studio is looking to grab any property they can and hope they can be successful. 

In the case of silk, you have a minor character they  want to center a tv show around. With minimal fan base it does seem to be a stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McHogan said:

No, I get @Gigantor point. It seems like every studio is looking to grab any property they can and hope they can be successful. 

In the case of silk, you have a minor character they  want to center a tv show around. With minimal fan base it does seem to be a stretch. 

Despite the fact being a new character she has over 25 solo issues which is actually better than many established characters. Also there is nothing wrong with using lesser known characters, it gives them a chance to shine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, leokearon said:

Despite the fact being a new character she has over 25 solo issues which is actually better than many established characters. Also there is nothing wrong with using lesser known characters, it gives them a chance to shine

And I’m all for giving other characters besides the A-squad a chance. To me it was no surprise when Iron Man, Thor, Cap and especially the Avengers shattered records when given the chance. Seems odd now but remember there was a time when studios wouldn’t touch anything without Spider-Man and Xmen in their names.

so yes, give even Frog Man a chance at a tv show or movie. But don’t be too shocked when the masses initially roll their eyes and ask “Who”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, McHogan said:

And I’m all for giving other characters besides the A-squad a chance. To me it was no surprise when Iron Man, Thor, Cap and especially the Avengers shattered records when given the chance. Seems odd now but remember there was a time when studios wouldn’t touch anything without Spider-Man and Xmen in their names.

so yes, give even Frog Man a chance at a tv show or movie. But don’t be too shocked when the masses initially roll their eyes and ask “Who”?

Forget the masses, there are comic fans who would ask Who?. (Marvel legends Citizen V reveal for example)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, leokearon said:

Forget the masses, there are comic fans who would ask Who?. (Marvel legends Citizen V reveal for example)

A "Silk" TV series would be even worse than the pathetic Inhumans series imo. Batwoman has way more name recognition than Silk & that bombed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

A "Silk" TV series would be even worse than the pathetic Inhumans series imo. Batwoman has way more name recognition than Silk & that bombed.

Inhumans was horrible, don't know how much that had to do with it being on ABC (even though I like Agents of Shield). If Spiderman was under Marvel and not Sony, and this show would be on Disney+, I would have more hope for it. Especially after all the other Marvel Disney+ shows that are coming out soon and would probably establish success of all those shows on that streaming service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE