The First Marvel Legends Eternals Movie Figure Revealed?!? SPOILERS

JayC

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Ive been scratching my head at the notion of an Eternals movie, as Marvel has so many other characters they could do. However I wish them success. One of the issues I have is that from the photo, none of these look anything like comics; well aware that film/tv productions often wont look the same, but there needs to be some resemblance. Virtually none here, and if this action figure is any indication, there's not going to be.

The good thing is my wallet will get a break. 😷

Really? I. Mean the Eternals!?!  There are so many MAJOR Marvel characters that need screen before these  these D list  characters.. completely mind boggling that they gave the thumbs up to this franchise..

maybe the only saving grace is the possibility of MCU or comic versions of Black Knight , Sersi, Starfox or Hercules... as far as tried and true Eternals.. meh.. could care less...

I fear that the MCU is showing too much Hubris to think they can make the Eternals franchise worthy

the same with Shang Chi. Do t get it, every franchise up to this point has had at least a solid following in regards to the franchises that make the MCU lineup,. It feels like they are waaaaaay outkicked their coverage with the next phase...

50 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I fear that the MCU is showing too much Hubris to think they can make the Eternals franchise worthy

the same with Shang Chi. Do t get it, every franchise up to this point has had at least a solid following in regards to the franchises that make the MCU lineup,. It feels like they are waaaaaay outkicked their coverage with the next phase...

I feel that Shang Chi will do better than Eternals due to the martial arts aspect of the character. I just pray they keep him as a martial artist & don't incorporate that absurd "multiple man" rip off power that some writer gave him & an even bigger idiot editor approved!

7 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I feel that Shang Chi will do better than Eternals due to the martial arts aspect of the character. I just pray they keep him as a martial artist & don't incorporate that absurd "multiple man" rip off power that some writer gave him & an even bigger idiot editor approved!

So glad I missed this aspect of characterization. I’m so sick of writers / editors approving wildly different takes on classic characters ala Frankencastle, rapist Starfox, etc. that remove all aspects of these characters for what amounts to a minimal sales bump. 

If your profession is comic writing, be a professional and use what is established and improve on a given character. Stop erasing years/ decades of continuity  for one shock / schlock story that will quickly be retconned by the next writer. Give less shock and make your mark  on that particular character that continues to further that characters development. Be the next Byrne, Starlin, or Claremont instead of the current crop of shock jocks that change characters sexuality, or turn heroic/ villainous , or gender just to rattle cages. Instead make meaningful stories that we will be taking about decades from now.

or do something else

49 minutes ago, McHogan said:

So glad I missed this aspect of characterization. I’m so sick of writers / editors approving wildly different takes on classic characters ala Frankencastle, rapist Starfox, etc. that remove all aspects of these characters for what amounts to a minimal sales bump. 

If your profession is comic writing, be a professional and use what is established and improve on a given character. Stop erasing years/ decades of continuity  for one shock / schlock story that will quickly be retconned by the next writer. Give less shock and make your mark  on that particular character that continues to further that characters development. Be the next Byrne, Starlin, or Claremont instead of the current crop of shock jocks that change characters sexuality, or turn heroic/ villainous , or gender just to rattle cages. Instead make meaningful stories that we will be taking about decades from now.

or do something else

It was just Shang-Chi getting the temporary ability to multiplicate himself as a minor sub-plot in the lead up to Secret Wars (considered one of the most meaningful stories of late) after touching some alien stuff. It wasn't billed as THE ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT SHANG-CHI, SUPER NEW STATUS-QUO IT WILL ROCK THE MARVEL UNIVERS TO THE CORE BUY NOW.

And it was just Starfox is now a rapist. I’m sure it wasn’t billed as All New Characterization  of a character with 30+ years of Marvel History is Rewritten As A reflection of modern society’s take on super powers that were established years ago that was not intended by the creator to be anything more than a fun power but is now considered rape culture.

But the kid who sees that story now will always associate that character with that story. 

Maybe shang chi’s temporary power was a one off  but my point is writers these days need to be more responsible with what they want to see in print.  

Your point is fine, it’s not meant to be a character defining  arc. But there are multiple instances in recent times where writers take on a character is in stark contrast to years of continuity. That’s where my problem lies.. 

People change. Characters change. Not having characters experience meaningful and lasting changes is terrible writing. I think the bigger problem with comics is their tendency to undo change in favour of returning to familiar, comfortable circumstances. It's lazy. And, man, people need to just get over Iceman already. I'm no Bendis defender, but Bobby coming out of the closet was an excellent call that made so much sense it was unbelievable nobody thought of it earlier. The character didn't "change sexuality". It wasn't a retcon. It was an organic realization by a character who had been lying to himself and his friends for years, and over-compensating with straight relationships to sell the lie. It was a textbook coming-out story, right down to his idiot friend exposing his sexual orientation before he could properly come to terms with it himself. Whether earlier writers had it in mind or not, Bobby was gay.

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

This Eternals movie is nothing more than a one-off to bridge the gap between the Avengers and X-Men and FF. This is not meant to be a franchise. It's simply there to build new franchises with maybe a few cameos here and there.

And that figure is totally fake news. It may be proto, but it ain't shelf ready.

8 minutes ago, monron999 said:

This Eternals movie is nothing more than a one-off to bridge the gap between the Avengers and X-Men and FF. This is not meant to be a franchise. It's simply there to build new franchises with maybe a few cameos here and there.

And that figure is totally fake news. It may be proto, but it ain't shelf ready.

This is my take too.. except for the fact that my all time favorite Avenger is the Black Knight and this film has given  him a MCU platform I’d not give this film two craps.. 

so apparently Rektangular has some insightful stuff in regards to this figure, and this supposed wave, I suggest checking out his newest video. some one had located a tag for Eternals wave at a store at some point earlier this week.

if it does turn out to be that the Eternals wave is entirely movie based figures that's going to be a huge ball drop move from Hasbro, the people want comic Eternals far more then movie, even if the movie was utterly jaw dropping amazing.. people would still rather have comic versions, and this is likely one of the only chances we might, I mean Sersi is the only shoe in because of her avengers membership, but let's be real any body else seems like a hard sell in any other way

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

Don't think so. Looks like its gonna be a exclusive. The original seller put more images up if people havent seen them.

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1648099291-boneco-eternals-ajak-marvel-legends-series-_JM?fbclid=IwAR1nMfLGzpSwJu4IIYrZmpKyilcME_tnm3wC4hWb_f-742ClM5tQ0UyQz9I#position=1&type=item&tracking_id=0a9cfc42-967a-440b-9c52-2896482df9bf

7 minutes ago, JayC said:

Ah that would be @tarot

I found it on Social Media. Someone post images of the tag for walgreens but I made the arguement that the person who put it up was following the older schedule. I could be wrong.

Also while I'm at it, Rekt posted an assortment video.

He show the image of the Ajak figure so for safety sake watch it on Youtube.

I don't think this tag if it came from Walgreens it is for the figure that popped up online. The figure is almost def some kind of exclusive based on the packaging. Walgreens tags I've seen for Walgreens exclusives says something like Walgreens only. More likely this was a tag that got put out prematurely for the regular wave but I dont think that means the figures are gonna be released anytime soon. The movie very well might be delayed again and that will likely determine when we will see figures released but I could have easily seen a tag being created in error if the system hadnt been updated.

Walgreens.png

18 minutes ago, tarot said:

According to Rekt, it will be all MCU based for this line.

Yes its long been thought to be pretty much all movie figures. Hence why Hasbro hasn't shown any of them at all and likely wont until Disney releases actual footage and images of the characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these 90's Avengers didn't end up showing up as Fan-Channel exclusives or a comic book based Black Knight and Sersi with 90's leather jackets got released as a 2-pack exclusive to go along with the 90's Walmart Black Widow.

I'd also love to see a 90's Thor

2024641-hercules___avengers_card_from_early_90_s.jpg

d664c6dec87f56208ed7ab21c9f261eb.jpg

35 minutes ago, JayC said:

Yes its long been thought to be pretty much all movie figures. Hence why Hasbro hasn't shown any of them at all and likely wont until Disney releases actual footage and images of the characters.

well, I mean this is the first of a Franchise. Hasbro usually mixes the waves for that. My guess is even they are nervous about the success of this movie so they just put the whole team into the wave in case the film flops.

3 hours ago, tarot said:

well, I mean this is the first of a Franchise. Hasbro usually mixes the waves for that. My guess is even they are nervous about the success of this movie so they just put the whole team into the wave in case the film flops.

That makes no sense.

If they afraid the film will flop it makes more sense to include some non-movie characters, so at least something from the wave sells, instead of have a whole wave of non sellers

48 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I predict it will be the usual breakdown (6-7 figs plus BAF): 4 mcu figures and 3-4 comic figures  My guess is they will try and do a compelling comic BAF but not sure what, perhaps a Celestial altho of course it would be undersized. 

Go watch rektangular video. He mentions that it will be a full wave of eternals character. Most likely all mcu. 

I collect all MCU figures but this series has me feeling kinda..meh. If this is truth and it’s all MCU I’ll be glad to get this over with in one wave. However, this is how I felt when they released the first wave of GOTG.. then I had to hunt them all down at a much higher cost. To add salt to the wound, after I finally got them all they went and rereleased the first movie figs when the 2nd movie came out.

id be more than ok if the comic versions of select characters are store exclusives ( but please not Walmart) and box sets. But if they do no comic versions this will be a huge missed opportunity to get us Sersi, Gilgamesh, etc..