The First Marvel Legends Eternals Movie Figure Revealed?!? SPOILERS

JayC

Eternals have always been a poor man's New Gods. Created by the same man, Kirby, but the New Gods turned out to be the way better & more popular/well known characters. As some one who grew up collecting Marvel/DC comics in the 80s/90s early 2000s, I can tell you that I never bought a single issue of the Eternals nor cared for any of their characters. I've already decided I will not be going to the Theatre to see the movie & the China virus has zero to do with it, nor will I be buying a single fig from this all MCU wave. I also fail to see the connection that Black Knight has to the Eternals asides from being involved with Sersi back in the 90s issues of Avengers, which IMO, was the worst decade of Avengers story arcs barring the Operation Galactic Storm saga. The costumes were the worst! 90s Eric Masterson Thor was the best thing along with War Machine. This version of Thor is a must!

GqemBAn.jpg

I’ll give you that, there really is no other connection for Black Knight except for  his ill fated romance with Sersi. However, as I stated earlier, if this is BKs only way into a MCU film I’ll take it.

also agree in Mastersons version of Thor. Has all the classic elements while presenting something new. I’d love this version in Legends form. 

54 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Eternals have always been a poor man's New Gods. Created by the same man, Kirby, but the New Gods turned out to be the way better & more popular/well known characters. As some one who grew up collecting Marvel/DC comics in the 80s/90s early 2000s, I can tell you that I never bought a single issue of the Eternals nor cared for any of their characters. I've already decided I will not be going to the Theatre to see the movie & the China virus has zero to do with it, nor will I be buying a single fig from this all MCU wave. I also fail to see the connection that Black Knight has to the Eternals asides from being involved with Sersi back in the 90s issues of Avengers, which IMO, was the worst decade of Avengers story arcs barring the Operation Galactic Storm saga. The costumes were the worst! 90s Eric Masterson Thor was the best thing along with War Machine. This version of Thor is a must!

GqemBAn.jpg

Remind me, the New Gods for DC are who? Not being facetious, just can’t say for certain who they are.

without a quick Google search I want to say it’s Mister Miracle, Orion, Lightray etc? Regardless, I have never been a fan of the Inhumans, Eternals or I guess even the New Gods.. not my cup of tea..

45 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Remind me, the New Gods for DC are who? Not being facetious, just can’t say for certain who they are.

without a quick Google search I want to say it’s Mister Miracle, Orion, Lightray etc? Regardless, I have never been a fan of the Inhumans, Eternals or I guess even the New Gods.. not my cup of tea..

All part of Kirby's fascination with the "Chariots of the Gods"  book which posited that the technologies and religions of many ancient civilizations were given to them by ancient astronauts who were welcomed as gods.  Even Thor falls into this category to some degree.   See also the movie Prometheus.

Yeah the new Gods were Orion, Mister Miracle, etc altho Darkseid is probably the most well-known. 

I always found the Inhumans to be the most interesting of the three groups, followed by New Gods, with Eternals in last place.  Just never found them very interesting.  Even the Gaiman story left me pretty cold.  But we'll see if the mcu can make them more appealing.

Kirby's New Gods are far more visually cooler looking & have better origins. 

Darkseid

High Father

Kalibak

Desaad

Granny Goodness

Orion

Mr Miracle

Steppenwolf

Big Barda

Lashina

Stompa

Mad Harriet

Parademons

The Source

Boom Tubes

etc

Eternals have nothing to match the New Gods, I'd put the Inhumans 2nd with the Eternals a way distant 3rd.

I don't wanna risk hijacking the thread by talking about what Marvel SHOULD be bringing to the screen instead of Eternals, but I just don't see a way forward with this. Maybe some other movies that built it up, then showcased it. Some tidbits dropped in the Captain Marvel sequel, Thor, Dr Strange, Guardians, etc. As it is, I'll say the proposed figures don't look anything like the comic and maybe Hasbro could release some comic versions along with these?

On 9/6/2020 at 7:38 AM, tarot said:

well, I mean this is the first of a Franchise. Hasbro usually mixes the waves for that. My guess is even they are nervous about the success of this movie so they just put the whole team into the wave in case the film flops.

I don't think it's a going to be what we consider a franchise. I think it's being wedged into the planning to explain how the X-Men and possibly other characters end up in the MCU and had not been detected yet, and possibly something to do with the FF. Seriously, is there any reason for a sequel or a 2nd appearance after that? How many more cataclysmic, world forming event are they gonna be needing to lay out after that?

The movie will not "flop" cuz it's gonna be pushed as required reading, and I'm betting they're gonna be packing it with so many cameos and Easter eggs it's gonna be like one giant post credits scene. These figures though, if this one is any indication, yeah...they're the epitome of boring. And if it's a full MCU wave, which I believe has only been done with "emergency" waves for Black Panther and Endgame, they better have one he'll of a BAF to push the thing.

54 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I don't think it's a going to be what we consider a franchise. I think it's being wedged into the planning to explain how the X-Men and possibly other characters end up in the MCU and had not been detected yet, and possibly something to do with the FF. Seriously, is there any reason for a sequel or a 2nd appearance after that? How many more cataclysmic, world forming event are they gonna be needing to lay out after that?

The movie will not "flop" cuz it's gonna be pushed as required reading, and I'm betting they're gonna be packing it with so many cameos and Easter eggs it's gonna be like one giant post credits scene. These figures though, if this one is any indication, yeah...they're the epitome of boring. And if it's a full MCU wave, which I believe has only been done with "emergency" waves for Black Panther and Endgame, they better have one he'll of a BAF to push the thing.

Eternals is going to be franchise, everything is a franchise. I seriously doubt Marvel and co. are really going to introduce a new group of characters and basically go, "well you served your purpose, goodbye."  Unless the movie flops, which it is unlikely to do.

As for the figures, I still don't believe this will be a full MCU wave, especially as this is a new franchise and is an unknown. Not even sure fire hits like Avengers Endgame didn't have a MCU only wave at first

Yeah, they definitely would like for this to be a franchise.  That said, i could see some of the cast being one-and-done but that's OK.

I agree that it seems unlikely to be a full mcu wave, rektangular predictions notwithstanding.  The guy's track record is quite good, but not perfect (remember how superskrull was gonna be a WG exclusive?).  Of course hasbro has been quite willing to experiment with wave breakdowns and different formats for selling figures so i could definitely be wrong, as i have been many times before.  And some of it is self-interest on my part as i'd like to see a few comic characters in the wave.

10 hours ago, tarot said:

well I could see a couple of the mentioned figures being Comic, but with the massive cast, it does seem likely they want to get as many of the actors out as they can. I could see Kingu being comic, on the Samurai mold, since I don't remember him being mentions in the casting.

Kingo is actually in the movie being played by Kumail Nanjiani, Kingo isn't going to be a Samurai as far as I know in the movie like he was in the comics, he's going to apparently be a bollywood action star actor (his alter ego on earth) 😓

gotta say the fact they totally altered 90% of these characters races and genders and sexuality and back stories for this Eternals movie has me a bit like... but whaa? you really ran the car off the source material road, and why?

I really would be happy if there was some comic figs in this wave, it's going to be a tough sell for me with if it turns out to be fully MCU , which Rektangular has a good track record with his info, but here's to hoping hes wrong

This past weekend, thanks to a surprise leak we got our FIRST LOOK at one of Hasbro's new Marvel Legends figures based on the upcoming MCU Eternals movie. The figure was of the Ajak character who in the movie will be played by actress Salma Hayek.

Now from the looks of the packaging on that figure, it would seem that one will be released as some type of one-off store exclusive. No word yet on what store that will be.

Before we saw that figure leak out, we had previously seen indications of an entire Eternals wave of Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro being released along with some kind of Deluxe figure. This was thanks to listings that showed up back in January on the Canadian distributor Everestwholesale.com. We saw the wave would include 7 figures and that the Deluxe figure was going to be based on a villain.

Now originally the Eternals movie was slated for release in November, but was delayed due to the COVID pandemic until at least February 12, 2021.

With the delay of the movie came the delay of the figures. Originally the Hasbro Marvel Legends figures were supposed to be released around this time. That has since been pushed until 2021, at least officially which Hasbro mentioned in one of their live-stream videos. Now due to the fact these figures were already made and have been sitting around in a warehouse someplace, the likely hood of them starting to leak out sooner I would say is pretty good, hence this past weekend's leak of the Ajak figure.

I wouldn't even expect an official announcement for these figures to be made until at least getting a trailer released from Disney, which as I understand it won't be until we see the Black Widow movie released. Right now that one is on track for a November release, but could very easily change between now and then.

So suffice to say, it's probably still going to be awhile before we hear or see anything official from Hasbro on these. Never-the-less that doesn't mean we don't have "RUMORED" info to share with you.

So what 7 figures will be released in Hasbro's Eternals wave and what will the Build-A-Figure be?

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Wave__scaled_600.jpg

Well according to YouTuber rektangular, and nothing I've seen would contradict his info, the wave will include movie figures of the following:

- Ikaris who will be played by actor Richard Madden
- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

Now for the Build-A-Figure I can only speculate. The most logical choice to me would be Arishem the Judge who is the leader of the Celestials. During D23 back in 2019 there was a poster featuring concept art for the Celestials that included Arishem.

Celestial__scaled_600.jpg

There have also been leaked FUNKO POP! lists indicating he will be released there for an Eternals wave, so we have good indications he will be in the movie. The Celestials are known to be huge however, so besides the Haslab Sentinel I would think this would have to be Hasbro's and maybe even Toy Biz's largest Build-A-Figure to date, if they go that route. Plus, even if you are on the fence about buying Movie Eternals figures, what is a better Build-A-Figure to choose in order to entice you on getting the wave?

The deluxe figure is said to be based on what is likely the main villain for the movie. The character's name is Kro and he is the leader of the race known as the Deviants. We've yet to see any kind of concept art released for Kro, but he was also listed in that leaked Funko POP! wave of Eternals figures, so again we have good indications he is in the movie.

Kro-And-The-Judge__scaled_600.jpg

That is all we know for now. My guess is we will end up seeing other figures release possibly as exclusives like we are seeing indicated with the Ajak figure. It's hard to believe we won't get figures of Thena who will be played by Angelina Jolie or Dane Whitman who is being played by Kit Harington from Game of Thrones. For those familiar with the comics, you know Dane is better known as the Avenger named The Black Knight. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got another deluxe figure released of the Gilgamesh character who will be played by Don Lee. In the comics Gilgamesh is another character who for a short time became an Avenger.

If you want to check out rektangular's video where he talks about the Eternals wave, check it our below.

The more news we get on this movie the less I’m interested. The Legends lineup, while satisfying the dozen or so Eternals fans, makes me shrug and move onto the next article. No Gilgamesh? No Black Knight? 

Sersi is literally the only figure I want now that my two biggest wants are confirmed absent. 

I’m getting the whole wave if it’s all MCU, so I’m probably in the opposite boat from most people. They’re not terribly exciting figures, but I think they’ll look good on the shelf, with all the new sculpt that they’ll have to have, it’ll probably be a pretty classy display. Very interested to see what the BAF is. They mentioned something about the biggest BAF of all time, so maybe Arishem is viable. I can’t imagine they won’t give us MCU Black Knight or Thena, maybe they’ll be a 2-pack. That would be a pretty generous offering for that movie. All-MCU versions of the characters spread throughout a full wave and a BAF, a single exclusive, a deluxe figure and a 2-pack. As a MCU completionist, I have to respect that.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Mediocrity. Pure, unabashed, unadulterated mediocrity. Ughh.....and we thought the Cap Marvel wave was bad.

Eh, i thought genis-vell and grey gargoyle were fine. but very much a missed opportunity for more cosmic comic characters.  

On topic, i still find it difficult to believe we are getting an all mcu wave.  generally most waves involve some (or a lot of) re-use of parts so unless they are doing something like the hellfire club set where multiple figures have the same new body i kinda question how accurate this is, rektangular notwithstanding.  Both previous all-mcu waves (BP wave 2 and Endgame wave 3) involved substantial re-use. Maybe they can make use of some bodies & parts from previous mcu figures, i dunno.

I personally don't have much interest in movie based Eternals figures but assuming the BAF is a Celestial, I would probably have to break down and get them. Part of me finds it hard to believe Hasbro would do a BAF that big but it would be the perfect figure to entice people in buying stuff they might not otherwise normally get. Lets also not forget the clue Dwight dropped earlier in the year during one of the live stream events where he mentioned we would see the largest BAF ever released in the ML line next year.

13 minutes ago, JayC said:

I personally don't have much interest in movie based Eternals figures but assuming the BAF is a Celestial, I would probably have to break down and get them. Part of me finds it hard to believe Hasbro would do a BAF that big but it would be the perfect figure to entice people in buying stuff they might not otherwise normally get. Lets also not forget the clue Dwight dropped earlier in the year during one of the live stream events where he mentioned we would see the largest BAF ever released in the ML line next year.

I doubt very much that the BAF will be the Judge. If anything it will more then likely be Gilgamesh.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Eh, i thought genis-vell and grey gargoyle were fine. but very much a missed opportunity for more cosmic comic characters.  

On topic, i still find it difficult to believe we are getting an all mcu wave.  generally most waves involve some (or a lot of) re-use of parts so unless they are doing something like the hellfire club set where multiple figures have the same new body i kinda question how accurate this is, rektangular notwithstanding.  Both previous all-mcu waves (BP wave 2 and Endgame wave 3) involved substantial re-use. Maybe they can make use of some bodies & parts from previous mcu figures, i dunno.

That wave could have been good, they just didn’t do it. Extra heads, better sculpts, a more exciting BAF, swap the second Carol out with Minn-Erva and make the bomber jacket the exclusive, etc, would have gone a long way towards making the figures more interesting. 

I would say it’s probably going to be a Hellfire situation. We may end up only getting 2 or 3 new sculpts in the wave that are reused, since their costumes are mostly the same and there’s no repainted comic figures to offset new molds. They may also use existing MCU sculpts, such as Dora Milaje arms on Ajak, unless I’m mistaken. 

30 minutes ago, JayC said:

I think they kinda walked back that "biggest" comment, even within the same sentence, and ended up settling with "taller than FFF", which coulda just meant tallest after all is said and done, which indicates to me that Stilt Man indeed is what he was referring to.

Im not as big an anti-MCU figure person as I used to be, but I too would be hard pressed to buy a full wave of MCU characters, especially as drab as these characters are looking to be. Not harping on them as MCU characters, but as characters in general. There's a reason these characters never really had any kind of memorable comic run. Similar to the Inhumans, they have a place in Marvel, but they'll never have marquee level pops.

I still maintain that this movie is only meant to set up the next phase(s) of the MCU and introduce and explain new concepts and characters like X-Men, Fantastic Four, the Multiverse and the Negative Zone (ie. Quantum Zone) and expand on the Mystical and Cosmic corners of the Marvel Universe. I really don't see these characters garnering so much interest or excitement for a full on franchise. To me it looks like another Inhumans disaster in the making.

In general I'm not a fan of MCU figures, but I'm more excited about this wave simply for the fact that there are no re-treads. A wave without any of the normal A-listers who have been done 20+ times? Yes, please! In fact a Kit Harrington / Dane Whitman figure might be the only one that I wouldn't buy!

11 minutes ago, Reno said:

In general I'm not a fan of MCU figures, but I'm more excited about this wave simply for the fact that there are no re-treads. A wave without any of the normal A-listers who have been done 20+ times? Yes, please! In fact a Kit Harrington / Dane Whitman figure might be the only one that I wouldn't buy!

To be fair, Black Knight has had two Legends figures  spread out over ten years. And I am one of his biggest supporters but even I know he is a C list character ( that great 90s run pushed him into a solid B lister but that Ultraverse experiment along with a few other questionable choices saw him slide back back into C territory). 

I get what you are saying about the same characters getting released but ol BK may not be the best example of those that get yearly releases. Granted his two Legends figures are two more than everyone else on the Eternals slate. 

Now if you wouldn’t buy a Kit Harrington figure, that I can understand 😁

Im not as big an anti-MCU figure person as I used to be, but I too would be hard pressed to buy a full wave of MCU characters, especially as drab as these characters are looking to be. 

that’s it exactly.. drab is the perfect word for what it is that has been bugging me about these designs. These are just people in robes..at this early stage it seems they could not have picked a more boring property to design the most boring costumes in the MCU so far..