The First Marvel Legends Eternals Movie Figure Revealed?!? SPOILERS

JayC

14 minutes ago, mako said:

Wow, an entire wave decked out in skirts guaranteed to render any articulation below the chest absolutely useless.

Nice going Hasbro! Nothing like learning from past mistakes.

I know why you are saying that (and agree) but honestly that is not Hasbro fault. They are only using the designs given to them. Blame Marvel Studios for that.

The first thing I thought when I saw all these pictures....is that I'll be able to round up a great supply of extra hands for other figures when these end up as Amazon add-ons, lol.

Sigh...these designs....yes, very ornate and detailed but they aren't Toyetic in any way. They're all just far too ordinary looking, and their futuristic nightgowns don't do anything to really change that, imo. Again, I still hope the movie does well in so much as it inspires Hasbro to make the classic Kirby Eternals.

Despite the crap year that was 2020, Marvel Legends rolled out a stellar line up of figures. 

2021 is in its way early months....but thus far, waves like this mess and the surprisingly weak Bring On the Bad Guys aren't looking too good. But hey....like I said, its early. Gotta give it a chance.

But lets put this wave in a dark corner....

39 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

2021 is in its way early months....but thus far, waves like this mess and the surprisingly weak Bring On the Bad Guys aren't looking too good. But hey....like I said, its early. Gotta give it a chance.

Yes, I felt like I was forcing myself to want the Bring on the Bad Guys wave. Part of it was how much great product we got last year, but you're completely right about the line up being totally weak. I mean, Aim Scientist? Never in a million years would I consider that one of the major baddies we needed for ML. If they had to dig for something that obscure I don't think anyone woulda cared if they'd gone with a character that coulda just been a simple repaint like The Spot. And Victor Von Doom....., another one? Can't they just do that as an extra pack-in head sculpt? Some major let downs in there.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Yes, I felt like I was forcing myself to want the Bring on the Bad Guys wave. Part of it was how much great product we got last year, but you're completely right about the line up being totally weak. I mean, Aim Scientist? Never in a million years would I consider that one of the major baddies we needed for ML. If they had to dig for something that obscure I don't think anyone woulda cared if they'd gone with a character that coulda just been a simple repaint like The Spot. And Victor Von Doom....., another one? Can't they just do that as an extra pack-in head sculpt? Some major let downs in there.

So far I'm  liking the Bring on Bad Guy wave apart from Arcade because I hate the character, though some of the rumours aren't as exciting as I would like

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

So far I'm  liking the Bring on Bad Guy wave apart from Arcade because I hate the character, though some of the rumours aren't as exciting as I would like

There not all terrible, but when you hear that phrase it invokes an awesome image of all those cool, older villains and the art from classic artists back when Marvel Comics were good. For the most part we have most of those characters that were in the art already, like Doom, Loki and Green Goblin, and we'll be getting a Classic Dormamu in this wave, but we haven't even gotten a good Comic Red Skull yet or a good Classic Ultron or any (real) Mandarin at all, and there are only so few of these that could conceivably be done as the BAF. Deathstrike and Hood are a step in the right direction, but guys like Tarantula and Mesmero and Mephisto or even Jigsaw seem worlds away at this point.

I do get a strong feeling that Mojo will be the BAF in this wave. Based on nothing more than just a cold prediction.

Yeah i think the "bring on the bad guys" name really lets our imaginations run wild, but in the end it turned out to be  somewhat typical wave with a mix of characters from different eras.  No big deal unless the BAF is both super-compelling but also obscure enough that a deluxe re-release is unlikely. 

Still hoping the Hydra Supreme could work as Red Skull, that would be great.

I do think the wave could pegwarm like crazy but we'll see.. its certainly testing the "let's do a wave with zero A-listers" waters

They look like they might look good on a shelf together (The Eternals wave), but I agree with the poster that said the movie is gonna have to be crazy awesome to make people want these.  They're definitely boring on an individual level.

I might pick up Sersi and Ikaris on the hunch we won't get comic versions anytime soon, but I dunno about the rest.

Also curious about the lack of Angelina Jolie's Thena.  We've seen a deluxe (Kro) and an exclusive (Ajak) but no sign of Thena yet.  Can't imagine they'd skip her.

3 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

They look like they might look good on a shelf together (The Eternals wave), but I agree with the poster that said the movie is gonna have to be crazy awesome to make people want these.  They're definitely boring on an individual level.

I might pick up Sersi and Ikaris on the hunch we won't get comic versions anytime soon, but I dunno about the rest.

Also curious about the lack of Angelina Jolie's Thena.  We've seen a deluxe (Kro) and an exclusive (Ajak) but no sign of Thena yet.  Can't imagine they'd skip her.

Sersei is the only one I might pick up (if we can get some decent images of her) as she will fill in for a comic one. 

11 hours ago, leokearon said:

Sersei is the only one I might pick up (if we can get some decent images of her) as she will fill in for a comic one. 

It's a bit sad that the toys come out before the movie...the black widow wave is the first victim, it did not do well....this eternal wave is more of an unknown to everybody without the movie

12 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

It's a bit sad that the toys come out before the movie...the black widow wave is the first victim, it did not do well....this eternal wave is more of an unknown to everybody without the movie

Yeah, but companies can't wait until after the movie to sell their merchandise 

Was hoping the BAF of Gilgamesh could pass as a comics version of his battle armor from Avengers 300 but alas...

i know that BAF was leaked some time ago but the pic was so blurry I really could not tell what it looked like. Another site had a better look and finally seeing the BAF confirmed this wave is for the birds..

literally the only character I would have been swayed on was Kit Harringtons Black Knight But he is MIA so far

• 3 months later...

While Hasbro has yet to officially announce their new Marvel Legends 6" figures based on upcoming the Eternals movie, we have seen them slowly leaking out since late last year.

Having gotten our first official trailer for the movie earlier this week which is now slated to open in theaters on November 5, 2021, we thought we would start to give you a little better look for some of the figures coming later this year. Shown below via
MojoReviews is a look at the upcoming Ikaris, Kingo And Phastos figures minus their accessories. Kingo will have multiple hands including a pair with energy effects, Phastos will have extra close fisted hands and Ikaris will have an alternate head with energy eye effect pieces and extra hands.

To recap, the entire wave of Eternals movie figures will include the following:

- Ikaris who will be played by actor Richard Madden
- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

The Build-A-Figure will be of the Gilgamesh who in the movie will be played by Don Lee. You can also check out a video review done by MojoReviews of the three figures here.

Enternals-Marvel-Legends-01.jpg

Eternals-Marvel-Legends-03.jpg

Eternals-Marvel-Legends-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-05.jpg

Eternals-Marvel-Legends-02.jpg

I'll end up wanting these now. No interest in them before but now I've seen the trailer and have interest in them. Freaking marketing... 😄

I wish Hasbro would just release these already. The trailer already came out, they’re just holding them over our heads at this point. I am curious if it’ll be another Shang-Chi situation though, they go up for order instead of preorder. If we’re following the SC timeline, my guess is Eternals will show up sometime next month.