The First Marvel Legends Eternals Movie Figure Revealed?!? SPOILERS

JayC

3 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

I wish Hasbro would just release these already. The trailer already came out, they’re just holding them over our heads at this point. I am curious if it’ll be another Shang-Chi situation though, they go up for order instead of preorder. If we’re following the SC timeline, my guess is Eternals will show up sometime next month.

It not hasbro fault. Marvel has a veto on releasing anything for this movie until they say so. Hasbro is just obeying them

Nothing new here, and I cant imagine anyone who was on the fence about these being swayed by this review. Sure hope the movie does well, but as I've said before, the figures just aren't cutting it. I imagine if one really wanted to have a figure with Angelina Jolie or Brian Tyree Henry's face, this is for them.

On a personal note, if the movie only has Salma Hayek wearing that temple gown/robe, then they have done mankind a grave disservice...

1 hour ago, Hogun said:

That Phastos head does not look like Brian Tyree Henry. Kingo's eyes are too big and Ikaris does look like Richard Madden. For now, I may only pick up Ikaris and Sersi. I will see for the rest

A month or so ago, I actually planned to snag these, and said as much. They would've made perfect filler for a sci-fi crowd scene, or even totally new characters in the old head-cannon. Unfortunately, a $3 price hike has taken a lot of the luster off of the stuff Hasbro is putting out in the near future.

Basically, 25 bucks a piece for figures who might as well be day-players from Stargate: SG-1 is a bit to steep for me.

1 hour ago, mako said:

A month or so ago, I actually planned to snag these, and said as much. They would've made perfect filler for a sci-fi crowd scene, or even totally new characters in the old head-cannon. Unfortunately, a $3 price hike has taken a lot of the luster off of the stuff Hasbro is putting out in the near future.

Basically, 25 bucks a piece for figures who might as well be day-players from Stargate: SG-1 is a bit to steep for me.

Is it possible these would still carry the older/lower price tag?

3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Is it possible these would still carry the older/lower price tag?

That's anybody's guess. The D+ and BOTBG waves still show as 19.99 BT, the AoA II wave is listed as 22.99, and the Iron Man wave is divided right down the middle with some figures in the wave listed as 19.99 and some 22.99.

My guess? The current waves are the last of the old MSRP, IM is a transitional wave, and everything after that, including the Eternals, will carry the 22.99 price.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

That Kingo head sculpt looks more and more ridiculous every time I see it. I know it's supposed to involve something of how he activates his powers or something, but its damn goofy looking. I mean, it looks like him, but it looks almost exactly lime the face he's doing on the DVD cover for Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. Is that his one go to facial expression? Y'know, some actors have that on face that sends several signals like confusion, thoughtfulness, embarrassment, smugness, confidence..........constipation. Whatever, the photo real is accurate but it doesn't mean it doesn't look stupid. Ikaris is probably the best figure, but that basically just saying its the least ugly avocado in a bag of all ugly avocados. Props to Phastos for having the nads to wear that moomoo. Homer Simpson would be proud.image.thumb.png.b660d7866e796293a263abbfcdaacf50.png

52 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I mean, it looks like him, but it looks almost exactly lime the face he's doing on the DVD cover for Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. Is that his one go to facial expression? image.thumb.png.b660d7866e796293a263abbfcdaacf50.png

spacer.png

You guys are making jokes right? , you know that's not Kal Penn playing Kingo right?, you are just clowning on it, it's Kumail Nanjiani playing Kingo , this all makes that figure even worse.

12 hours ago, mako said:

That's anybody's guess. The D+ and BOTBG waves still show as 19.99 BT, the AoA II wave is listed as 22.99, and the Iron Man wave is divided right down the middle with some figures in the wave listed as 19.99 and some 22.99.

My guess? The current waves are the last of the old MSRP, IM is a transitional wave, and everything after that, including the Eternals, will carry the 22.99 price.

The Iron Man wave is the one that makes me scratch my head - how do you charge one price for 1/2 the wave and $3 higher for the other figures in the wave? just bizarre.

And yeah, a $3 price hike probably is not going to help sales of this eternals wave any... especially if the figures end up coming out months ahead of the movie like with shang-chi. especially without any comic figures or a comic BAF to help broaden the wave's appeal beyond mcu collectors. Still, hasbro's problem, not mine. 

On 5/29/2021 at 12:31 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

spacer.png

You guys are making jokes right? , you know that's not Kal Penn playing Kingo right?, you are just clowning on it, it's Kumail Nanjiani playing Kingo , this all makes that figure even worse.

Of course. But you gotta admit, the likeness is damn near spot on. C'mon!

So many have hit the nail the head. These just don’t feel like Marvel Legends. And I’m one of their staunchest defenders, even I think they are junk. I could justify some of the designs for Shang Chi, well may Shang Chi himself, but none of the Eternals have a saving grace. 

Awesome face printing isn’t saving these designs. 

It blows my mind that this wave is all MCU.. It took until the 3rd wave of EndGame for an all MCU wave.. this wave that has so many unknowns heading into it gets an 8(?) figure wave plus two deluxe sets and a few rumored store exclusives.

honestly, between stinkers like Marvel’s Katy and and entire wave of actors in bath robes, Hasbro is going to learn a harsh lesson. Hopefully the result doesn’t effect future MCU films or comic waves. 

I hope for their sakes that the movie does very well. Thats not gonna affect how I feel about the figures though.

We know that whenever a comic property goes to some other media, there will be some changes. Outside of Superman the motion picture, I can't think of one film adaptation that matched up perfectly with the comics. And there have been a few that really strayed from the source material and still did well. But I think the rule is, especially for the first movie, make the thing look as close to the comics as possible. If you find success, as you go onto other sequels, you can change it up more and more.  Neither the first Punisher flick, Inhumans, Constantine or Iron Fist followed this and they were utter disasters. Surely that wasn't the only reason, but it didn't help either. But still, I have hopes for this movie.

As for the figures, no amount of hype or paint scheme is gonna save these. And theyre higher priced too? 

13 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I hope for their sakes that the movie does very well. Thats not gonna affect how I feel about the figures though.

We know that whenever a comic property goes to some other media, there will be some changes. Outside of Superman the motion picture, I can't think of one film adaptation that matched up perfectly with the comics. And there have been a few that really strayed from the source material and still did well. But I think the rule is, especially for the first movie, make the thing look as close to the comics as possible. If you find success, as you go onto other sequels, you can change it up more and more.  Neither the first Punisher flick, Inhumans, Constantine or Iron Fist followed this and they were utter disasters. Surely that wasn't the only reason, but it didn't help either. But still, I have hopes for this movie.

As for the figures, no amount of hype or paint scheme is gonna save these. And theyre higher priced too? 

Agreed. To top this off the products almost always precede the movie and all the hype off the movie seems to be about how bad it looks. If the movie is successful, and I truly hope it is better than the teasers🤞, I could see the likeability of the characters driving sales but these are just......people in weird clothes. What is supposed to be the appeal to convince us to buy? There's not even a Captain Rogers (really, would it hurt to have said 'Merica?) to help push this wave.

In betting the reason this wave is being keep under wraps right now, even though its already been completely leaked, that they'll try and break it into at least 2 waves, dump the BAF and make him a single card, mix in some comic characters or Gamerverse characters and use a few good comic based BAFs to drive the waves. They would still be seen as poor waves but I Don t think they could do any worse than the Captain Danvers (promise, you'll never hear them say that) wave.

These would be a great place to jam in Classic Hers and Tigra, maybe some Inhumans, and some kick ayass BAFs that no one saw coming, like Lockjaw perhaps.

Just an idea.

On 5/31/2021 at 9:56 AM, monron999 said:

Agreed. To top this off the products almost always precede the movie and all the hype off the movie seems to be about how bad it looks. If the movie is successful, and I truly hope it is better than the teasers🤞, I could see the likeability of the characters driving sales but these are just......people in weird clothes. What is supposed to be the appeal to convince us to buy? There's not even a Captain Rogers (really, would it hurt to have said 'Merica?) to help push this wave.

In betting the reason this wave is being keep under wraps right now, even though its already been completely leaked, that they'll try and break it into at least 2 waves, dump the BAF and make him a single card, mix in some comic characters or Gamerverse characters and use a few good comic based BAFs to drive the waves. They would still be seen as poor waves but I Don t think they could do any worse than the Captain Danvers (promise, you'll never hear them say that) wave.

These would be a great place to jam in Classic Hers and Tigra, maybe some Inhumans, and some kick ayass BAFs that no one saw coming, like Lockjaw perhaps.

Just an idea.

This is a brilliant idea. As it stands, like many have predicted, this wave could be the biggest stinker in Marvel Legends history if released as is. I originally saw the corresponding MCU wave to have at least a few classic versions of the Eternals sprinkled in. Figured it was the only chance to get comic version of some of my Avengers like Sersi, Starfox, and Gilgamesh. While these particular characters may not save the wave, the inclusion of any character that looks like a Marvel Super Hero couldn’t hurt.

But I’m also torn. With the entire wave plus Deluxe plus store exclusives being all MCU, at least we can get them done and over with in one fell swoop and put into the back of our display cases and forgotten that much quicker.

Shown below via kaozaton are detailed in-hand images for the upcoming Marvel Legends Eternals movie Ikaris figure coming from Hasbro. The figure will come with alternate hands and headsculpt with power eye effects. kaozaton didn't actually have the alternate heasculpt available when he took these shots, so we included a previous image we had seen of it for reference.

We can see with these images Hasbro has done a solid job of capturing the likeness of actor Richard Madden who is playing the character in the upcoming movie. The suit itself also has pretty nice detailing and the metallic blue paint seems to work nicely on the figure.

As previously reported, this figure is part of an Eternals movie wave which includes the following:

- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

The Build-A-Figure will be of the Gilgamesh. The movie is slated for release in theaters on November 5, 2021. I expect the figures will start to see release in the late summer or early fall. See the trailer for the movie recently released as well as the figure images below.

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 00.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris.jpg