The First Marvel Legends Eternals Movie Figure Revealed?!? SPOILERS

JayC

On 6/3/2021 at 11:50 AM, JayC said:

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-Ikaris 00.jpg

It sure sounds like people have predetermined to hate this movie, which, as I've said elsewhere, doesn't come out for another five months. I don't know what you guys want from an MCU figure beyond something that accurately represents the character's look and essence in the film or TV series... but ^^^THIS^^^ Ikaris figure is f***ing beautiful! If any of you don't like the costume design, fine, okay, but don't say there's something objectively wrong or ugly about the figure. It's not to your taste? Okay, we're all different. It's a bad toy? You're nuts.

27 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

It sure sounds like people have predetermined to hate this movie, which, as I've said elsewhere, doesn't come out for another five months. I don't know what you guys want from an MCU figure beyond something that accurately represents the character's look and essence in the film or TV series... but ^^^THIS^^^ Ikaris figure is f***ing beautiful! If any of you don't like the costume design, fine, okay, but don't say there's something objectively wrong or ugly about the figure. It's not to your taste? Okay, we're all different. It's a bad toy? You're nuts.

My thoughts exactly. The costumes may be a little boring to some people, but the figures are damn spot on to the movie designs. The face printing on most of these is good, the pinless tech works great here and the metallic and intricate costumes are beautiful. Maybe some more effects would have been cool, but the accessories are also pretty decent as well, I think everyone comes with at least an alt set of hands. 

7 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

I really don’t understand the people constantly complaining about this wave. It’s entirely self-contained, if you don’t want it, don’t buy it, simple as that. It’s not like there are comic figures or even other movie figures in there or a highly desirable BAF. Personally I’m thrilled they’re able to knock out almost all of the characters from that movie in one wave, I’d love to see more of that kind of thing in the future.

Don't worry, you and the other 8 fans of this wAve will have zero problems finding triples of each character on the pegs...but you're better off waiting a few weeks for them to hit the clearance aisle & get em for under $10 each!

Ehh for me these are boring movie versions of boring comic characters. Great face printing and shiny paint seems more bells and whistles than great action figures. The terrible articulation, and boring designs are doing this wave no favors either. 

You don’t have to look any further than the Bring on the Bad Guys wave and the Disney + wave to see how to make comic characters exciting.

I agree no one is forcing me to buy them. As an MCU completist I kinda have to though. Believe me I’d rather not, in fact I’d rather there wasn’t an  Eternals movie. The decision on both this and the Shang Chi films baffles me. Both have incredibly bland designs, poor articulation and no where near the fan following of any previous MCU release. But to skip them leaves a significant hole in a MCU collection. 

So I’ll be getting them but I’m certainly not thrilled. They don’t look or feel like MCU characters, they are nearly statues but most important, they are just boring. But I do agree they look like the actors that are playing them.. 

all the above is purely opinion, for those that like these more power to you. Never cared for these characters so they started in a deep hole to change my mind on them. These resulting inaction figures of actors in bath robes has done nothing to sway my opinion..

13 hours ago, Hogun said:

Oh man, his face looks miserable. The brown makes him look naked. He just does not look right.

The face on this Gilgamesh looks absolutely deplorable, he looks like he hasn't slept since he showed up on planet earth and never asked a CVS sales woman about anti-puff eye cream,

I didn't think it could be that the BAF of a wave is actually the worst part, in fact, it's like the antithesis of the whole BAF formula, it screams don't buy all of the figures here because if you do you can build Mr. I hate living, I really want this wave to come out so we can actually see how it performs on the shelves, there is no way this wave isn't going to instantly tear the pegs off the wall because of the weight of so many cases not being sold, but imagine people for some reason love this wave.. it's the most beloved wave of all time for young children and homemakers, everybody needs this wave people get beaten up at local stores for buying the last figure, to the point that most major retail stores boycott selling legends because it's too violent (like pokemon cards)...imagine.

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

"Ehh for me these are boring movie versions of boring comic characters... The terrible articulation, and boring designs are doing this wave no favors either...I agree no one is forcing me to buy them. As an MCU completist I kinda have to though. Believe me I’d rather not, in fact I’d rather there wasn’t an  Eternals movie....Both have incredibly bland designs, poor articulation and no where near the fan following of any previous MCU release...So I’ll be getting them but I’m certainly not thrilled. They don’t look or feel like MCU characters, they are nearly statues but most important, they are just boring..." 

I'm very confused at this line of reasoning...you say you arent being forced to buy these, but you "kinda have to though".

Do you?

You point out quiet plainly that the designs are bland, you're not thrilled, never cared for the characters; you're an MCU completist yet by your own view, these don't look or feel like MCU characters. 

So You're saying these fail on every level for you, but you have to buy them anyway??

This isnt the first expression I've seen like this. But its baffling...I have a friend who said something close to this and I had to ask, if you don't like these, then why buy them? Its not like there's somebody out there grading your collection on how complete it is. We both had a good laugh at that one.

There should be a point where the collector/fan/buyer says "No".  Maybe its price, maybe its quality, but bottom line, if you aren't happy with it, keep your money for better things.

Yeah pretty boring looking BAF.  I do think Ikaris looks pretty good.  probably will also get Sersi just because Gemma Chan. But will likely wait for a sale as i don't feel like spending $23 each for them.

Say what you want about ordinary-sizes BAFs like Mantis, Okoye, M'Baku and Fat Thor, at least they are visually interesting figures. If anything Gilgamesh should've been regular and make Sersi, Thena, or Ajak the BAF. But would've been even better to make a crazy,gnarly Deviant BAF instead.

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah pretty boring looking BAF.  I do think Ikaris looks pretty good.  probably will also get Sersi just because Gemma Chan. But will likely wait for a sale as i don't feel like spending $23 each for them.

Say what you want about ordinary-sizes BAFs like Mantis, Okoye, M'Baku and Fat Thor, at least they are visually interesting figures. If anything Gilgamesh should've been regular and make Sersi, Thena, or Ajak the BAF. But would've been even better to make a crazy,gnarly Deviant BAF instead.

I would have been pissed if Sersi was the BAF as she's the only one I'm interested in.

Also, we still haven't seen any mention of a Thena figure

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Dude you had every chance to make a Walgreens joke and you went with CVS?!?

🤣 I know I know, but also Walgreens...too easy, CVS however never gets enough negative critical attention, it's their time now.

with that being said...Yeah sorry MCU collectors, CVS just signed the contract, every Eternals figures from here on out are exclusive to CVS, the agreement is Eternal.

15 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm very confused at this line of reasoning...you say you arent being forced to buy these, but you "kinda have to though".

Do you?

You point out quiet plainly that the designs are bland, you're not thrilled, never cared for the characters; you're an MCU completist yet by your own view, these don't look or feel like MCU characters. 

So You're saying these fail on every level for you, but you have to buy them anyway??

This isnt the first expression I've seen like this. But its baffling...I have a friend who said something close to this and I had to ask, if you don't like these, then why buy them? Its not like there's somebody out there grading your collection on how complete it is. We both had a good laugh at that one.

There should be a point where the collector/fan/buyer says "No".  Maybe its price, maybe its quality, but bottom line, if you aren't happy with it, keep your money for better things.

Well don’t read to deeply into this @Atlantis.. my “have to buy these” is more a mental defect than any sense of duty. Have you never been a completist for anything? It is a frustrating thing at times for sure..  I was this way with comics until Marvel priced me out with hundreds of variants.im this way with MCU and Avengers Legends too. 

So yeah I have to buy them or have that tingling boring into my brain saying “what if”.. rather satisfy that urge and spend the cash to know my collection is complete until they announce the next wave..

I’m only joking here of course. The money I spend on this Eternals wave won’t be as bad a hit, I’ve got Amazon credit and gift cards. So with luck I’ll spend half of what they go for at release.

as a collector, their shouldn’t be any baffling behaviors. You don’t understand why I’d buy something I don’t particularly care for. It comes down to this, I’m proud of the collection I’ve amassed. It has taken time and money for the hunt let alone the cost when I find an addition. In the end any money spent on a crappy wave will be offset by the pride in my collection and the amount of joy it brings me, even if that specific wave isn’t thrilling or not my cup of tea.. like this Eternals and Shang Chi wave have turned out to be. I stand by my distaste of these two waves. But should I stop collecting when every single wave before has been a thrill for me? Hasbro is like 26-2 for MCU waves overall, in the end a small pill to swallow. (Not sure off the top of my head if 26 is the correct number but you get what I’m saying)

Now if the MCU does  a complete about face and ONLY becomes well known actors in robes based on properties that 6 people have heard of you can rest easy that I’ll decide to spend my money elsewhere. 

On 6/8/2021 at 7:37 PM, Gigantor said:

From what I remember of Gilgamesh in the comics, he could go toe to toe with the likes of Thor & Hercules. This guy looks like Aunt May could whoop him. No bueno Hasbro, even worse, Disney for picking this actor to portray an Eternal who is a powerhouse.

Yes this is what the comic book writers would have you believe, that Gilgamesh was a forgotten bad a$$.. in the same vein as Shang Chi is Marvels Deadliest fighter.. that nobody cares about.

Gilgamesh, even as an Avenger was pretty goofy. His run was forgettable but Marvel really tried to get readers to care but he is just lame... and  yet BOTH of his Avengers looks are miles better than this terrible movie design

On 6/3/2021 at 11:40 AM, Actionfiguremadman said:

Possibly the most lackluster Marvel Legends wave in recent memory. Not worth $22.99 apiece for sure. 

10 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I think this wave will actually end up being $20 along the same vein as the Shang-Chi and D+ waves. It was supposed to come out a while ago. Maybe Ajak will get the price increase but I doubt the wave will.

• 1 month later...

I would say I agree with most of the general consensus about this movie and the figures. And at the risk of continually beating a dead horse, I don't see this one getting off the ground. At first glance I thought maybe some of the figures could be used for kitbash for those with the gift, but some of the facial expressions leave a lot to be desired. And the costumes, well maybe you could repaint and make a Kryptonian or a Viltrumite figure. And the Gilgamesh baf? The heads kinda big but he could have made a nice Wong figure. Right now I don't see or hear anything that catches my attention about the whole thing. Bummer.

Okay so the Angelina figure looks like the best one, at least, but why are her bewbs so huge? but it looks disproportionate to the rest of her body like she barely has hips, weird design, seems awkward, but eh, her face looks pretty damn good.

On 7/11/2021 at 2:04 PM, Gigantor said:

My advice to those few of you actually contemplating getting this wave is to exercise discipline and wait a month or 2 & get em on clearance for under $10 each. You're a straight up fool if you're buying these soon as they come out. 

what have we told you about calling people fools for deciding what they want to spend their hard earned money on? It's their right if they want to buy them straight away. Just because you don't like the figure doesn't give you the right to tell people they are fools for buying them. If anything it makes you more of a fool then them.