The First Marvel Legends Eternals Movie Figure Revealed?!? SPOILERS

JayC

On 7/11/2021 at 8:29 AM, tarot said:

what have we told you about calling people fools for deciding what they want to spend their hard earned money on? It's their right if they want to buy them straight away. Just because you don't like the figure doesn't give you the right to tell people they are fools for buying them. If anything it makes you more of a fool then them.

Lol. The only person using the word "fools" anywhere in this discussion seems to be you. I think you're constantly reading interpretations into things for everyone, even before it happens. Kinda like pre-crime in Minority Report. And then YOU call someone a fool. That's rich. Who moderates the moderators?

On 7/11/2021 at 5:29 AM, tarot said:

what have we told you about calling people fools for deciding what they want to spend their hard earned money on? It's their right if they want to buy them straight away. Just because you don't like the figure doesn't give you the right to tell people they are fools for buying them. If anything it makes you more of a fool then them.

I dont know bruh, think @Gigantor's onto something here. He's probably right- if you have any interest in these at all (I'm thinking these are gonna be defining peg warmers), waiting a bit will probably work better for your wallet cause theyre destined for that mark down aisle. 

On 7/11/2021 at 7:25 PM, Atlantis said:

I dont know bruh, think @Gigantor's onto something here. He's probably right- if you have any interest in these at all (I'm thinking these are gonna be defining peg warmers), waiting a bit will probably work better for your wallet cause theyre destined for that mark down aisle. 

That may be true but calling anyone fools for buying these at full price is something I won't accept.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:29 AM, tarot said:

I didn't say they're fools for buying them, I said they would be fools to buy em at full price when they'll be on clearance soon afterwards.  Plz don't put words I didn't say into my comments.

The Eternals wave is going to be very sink-or-swim based on the movie's popularity. The Guardians of The Galaxy Legends wave from the first movie was selling slowly... and then the movie hit... and all you could find was Iron Man. While I don't expect Eternals or Shang-Chi to be breakout, smash hits like Guardians, the figures may sell well enough, when the movie hits, that they never get heavily discounted, and some of the more popular figures may be a bit tough to find. People may chuckle about the Katy figure, but those will sell MUCH quicker once Shang-Chi opens. Am I going to pre-order the whole Eternals wave at regular price? No, but I may pre-order one or two of them, and may not wait for heavy discounts on them.

On 7/11/2021 at 1:36 PM, tarot said:

That may be true but calling anyone fools for buying these at full price is something I won't accept.

Maybe he came off a little abrasive, but I don't see that he said anything wrong. As for what you accept, I'm sure none of us are gonna lose any sleep over that.

On 7/11/2021 at 11:38 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

The Eternals wave is going to be very sink-or-swim based on the movie's popularity. The Guardians of The Galaxy Legends wave from the first movie was selling slowly... and then the movie hit... and all you could find was Iron Man. While I don't expect Eternals or Shang-Chi to be breakout, smash hits like Guardians, the figures may sell well enough, when the movie hits, that they never get heavily discounted, and some of the more popular figures may be a bit tough to find. People may chuckle about the Katy figure, but those will sell MUCH quicker once Shang-Chi opens. Am I going to pre-order the whole Eternals wave at regular price? No, but I may pre-order one or two of them, and may not wait for heavy discounts on them.

Exactly, that's the problem with the Eternals wave, none of us know how these characters will be in the movie. We may see the figures being boring now, but come seeing the movie, we could be rushing out trying to buy them all because they were awesome in the film. Of course it could easily go the other way.

I don't think anyone with half a brain here is attempting to knock the movie based on these movie figures alone. I think the trailer does a good enough job putting us on edge as it is. Is it pretty, yes. Is it well made, seems to be. Does it have some star power, absolutely. But, does it look good, no so much. Typically, most trailers have a large part of the best parts of a movie, if only as a quick blip. If that's the case, there's not looking to be all that many "good" parts in the movie. What, a big space ship, some relationship drama, and a Baliwood dance number. Weren't anyone reaching for their heart medicine after that thing. I do hope it's good, or at least sufficient to make me excited about Phase 4. Lord knows Disney+ isn't doing much to ease my fears, but that's a bit off topic.

The figures are only adding to the reservations about the movie. They're bad, really bad. The sad thing is they are pretty damn screen accurate. So what does that say about the movie design? Pretty damn bad as well. In any other franchise outside the MCU this probably wouldn't be so glaring, but in this case, everything they're showing us has pretty much been bad. I'm sure some people are fine with it, and maybe some even like it, to each their own, but in general, I get the major consensus is that it looks pretty bad from all angles. I think we're all open to having our minds changed, though. Hell, I'm really hoping they change my mind.

Sure, in terms of the eternals wave, it would make sense for most people to wait for a sale before buying the figures. Especially since (as with Shang-chi) we could end up seeing them way ahead of the movie, which means demand will be lower than it would be if people had already seen the movie. As far as the figures looks, i do think some look better than others.  

But as with every other marvel legends wave, for some people the desire to get the figures earlier than most may make spending the extra $5 or $10 (or whatever markdown you anticipate)  on each figure worthwhile to them.  I mean these are toys so most of their value is a matter of perception, unless you plan on reselling them later for profit.

Right now the Leader is on ebay for $10 from hasbro toy shop (as is silver samurai, retro dazzler, etc.).  I paid full price for Leader, am i a fool for not waiting? doesn't feel that way as i've enjoyed having the figure since i got him. in the end, i'm not going to say someone is foolish for paying full retail for a product that will almost certainly be marked down later, since it really comes down to our own individual estimation of how much one values adding a specific character to their collection.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:34 AM, bashpics99 said:

Sure, in terms of the eternals wave, it would make sense for most people to wait for a sale before buying the figures. Especially since (as with Shang-chi) we could end up seeing them way ahead of the movie, which means demand will be lower than it would be if people had already seen the movie. As far as the figures looks, i do think some look better than others.  

But as with every other marvel legends wave, for some people the desire to get the figures earlier than most may make spending the extra $5 or $10 (or whatever markdown you anticipate)  on each figure worthwhile to them.  I mean these are toys so most of their value is a matter of perception, unless you plan on reselling them later for profit.

Right now the Leader is on ebay for $10 from hasbro toy shop (as is silver samurai, retro dazzler, etc.).  I paid full price for Leader, am i a fool for not waiting? doesn't feel that way as i've enjoyed having the figure since i got him. in the end, i'm not going to say someone is foolish for paying full retail for a product that will almost certainly be marked down later, since it really comes down to our own individual estimation of how much one values adding a specific character to their collection.

Exactly. Some people want every new figure ASAP, and it's worth it to them to pay more for that. I'll usually pre-order the figures that I think will be hard to find, and see if I can get the others for less than retail later, but some waves, I pre-order most or all of them. I've been collecting since the start of the line, and there have been figures that I bought for full price, that I later could have gotten for less, that even later quadrupled in value, so overall, it works out, and I rarely have to seek out a non-exclusive figure later on the secondary market for a premium price. None of it is foolish, as long as the consumer/buyer is happy overall. People will spend a bunch of money on a designer shirt, or gambling on sports, etc., which I don't get- if someone wants to pay a little more so they can enjoy some action figures sooner, there are far worse things they could be spending that money on. 

On 7/12/2021 at 5:15 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Exactly. Some people want every new figure ASAP, and it's worth it to them to pay more for that. I'll usually pre-order the figures that I think will be hard to find, and see if I can get the others for less than retail later, but some waves, I pre-order most or all of them. I've been collecting since the start of the line, and there have been figures that I bought for full price, that I later could have gotten for less, that even later quadrupled in value, so overall, it works out, and I rarely have to seek out a non-exclusive figure later on the secondary market for a premium price. None of it is foolish, as long as the consumer/buyer is happy overall. People will spend a bunch of money on a designer shirt, or gambling on sports, etc., which I don't get- if someone wants to pay a little more so they can enjoy some action figures sooner, there are far worse things they could be spending that money on. 

Also you can't guarantee that a figure you want will get reduced or even still be around when you wait and see. So, if it is a figure you want, it might be better to pull the trigger. as soon as you can.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, leokearon said:

Also you can't guarantee that a figure you want will get reduced or even still be around when you wait and see. So, if it is a figure you want, it might be better to pull the trigger. as soon as you can.

So that's it? Hasbro gets to strong arm us into paying their inflated prices because we're scared we won't get a chance to . . . pay there inflated prices? I DON'T think so.

IF I decide I want something Hasbro's making, then it is THEIR responsibility to get it to market where I can find it. I'm willing to hunt for it, that's the fun part, but THEY have to put forth the effort to have it there for me to find.

If they can't do that, I don't need what they got. They can take their scarcity marketing, or whatever, turn it sideways and jam it straight up their . . . 

On 7/12/2021 at 11:59 AM, mako said:

So that's it? Hasbro gets to strong arm us into paying their inflated prices because we're scared we won't get a chance to . . . pay there inflated prices? I DON'T think so.

IF I decide I want something Hasbro's making, then it is THEIR responsibility to get it to market where I can find it. I'm willing to hunt for it, that's the fun part, but THEY have to put forth the effort to have it there for me to find.

If they can't do that, I don't need what they got. They can take their scarcity marketing, or whatever, turn it sideways and jam it straight up their . . . 

I mean, it's not scarcity marketing- Hasbro has been bad with distribution on their toy lines for years, even with stuff that isn't targeted to collectors- even things like Trolls World Tour have some distribution problems. Heck, Star Wars is a NIGHTMARE to collect compared to Marvel, and has been for years. Mattel has issues, too- a bunch of Jurassic World stuff was nigh-impossible to find, including some items that were never released in the USA. I think you are giving Hasbro too much credit- it's not skill or cunning, it's the opposite. 

...and your buying habits are your choice. Price increases are going to happen, and you can speak with your wallet- capitalism in action. Other people can use their money how they want, too. I collect a bunch of different toy lines, and my buying habits will shift as prices go up. 

On 7/12/2021 at 11:59 AM, mako said:

You pretty much Hit the nail on the head bro. Too many people buy things Instantly based out of this "fear" they'll never find it at retail or that it'll cost more due to the scalpers hogging it up & charging double on Evilbay. Then 4-6 months later see it for sale/clearance. Has nothing to do with who has more "disposable" $$ than others, it's that lack of patience/discipline to wait it out & see if it pops up a few weeks later after the hype has died down. Nope, the instant gratification mindset of today trumps all. I've wanted to get Major Bludd since it hit stores, haven't seen it in the wild yet. Hopefully I eventually will, but I'm not paying 2x the amount for it online. I find him in stores or oh well.

I'm glad so many people have the opportunity to wait and see. Sadly for some, like myself it isn't an opinion. Marvel legends rarely get reduced massively over here, especially as it is only recently the largest toy store has started stocking them, most often you have to get them from comic shops who rarely reduce their prices and can sell out of stuff.