The First Marvel Legends Eternals Movie Figure Revealed?!? SPOILERS

JayC

• 2 months later...
While technically not part of the official "Marvel Monday" reveal which will come around noon PM ET today, we have out first official look at the upcoming Eternals wave of Marvel Legends figures based on the upcoming movie which will be out later in 2021 after being delayed several times due to the pandemic.

The images have surfaced online, but not sure who the original source for them are. The wave breaks down as follows:

- Ikaris who will be played by actor Richard Madden
- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry

- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

The Build-A-Figure while we don't really have a good look at yet will be of the Gilgamesh who in the movie will be played by Don Lee. Check out the images for the wave below and I am sure it's only a matter of time before we see better quality images.

REMEMBER check back around at noon for this month's first Monday of the month reveal which should be good if it's what I think it will be.

Eternals-Wave-01.jpg

Eternals-Wave-02.jpg

Eternals-Wave-03.jpg

Eternals-Wave-04.jpg

Eternals-Wave-05.jpg

Eternals-Wave-06.jpg

Eternals-Wave-07.jpg

Eternals-Wave-08.jpg

Eternals-Wave-09.jpg

Eternals-Wave-10.jpg

They are all new characters and will have to get them for that. Especially since the likelihood of us getting these in comic form (beyond Sersei and maybe Gilgamesh) is extremely low. Hell I don't even know where to place them, they are that separate from the rest of the Marvel Universe. Also called the Gilgamesh baf.

But Yeah even I can agree that, unless the movie does extremely well, these will peg warm.

I was wondering when this wave would show up. It’s full MCU, so I’m getting the whole thing automatically, but I won’t really be excited about it until I see the movie. I will say that this wave looks beautiful so far, all the new sculpts and metallic colors. 
I wonder if this wave will see limited release like M’Baku and Bro Thor. They’ll probably wait until the first trailer comes out to officially reveal it regardless.

Right out of the gate, full movie wave for non-eye-catching looks. I'm certainly not the target audience for this as I don't collect MCU, but not sure if that was a good idea on Hasbro's part.

Avengers movie waves and the first Guardians and Black Panther waves mixed comics and MCU character selections. Heck even Ant-man and Doctor Strange didn't do this.

But I guess if you're a comic only ML collector, you wouldn't wanna be stuck having to buy a figure of the Silicon Valley guy 😛

11 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Wouldn't it be funny if none of the characters are in these colors in the final movie, which is still a year away, just like with the Avengers' Quantum Realm suits in the Endgame wave?

Thats why I maintain these are extremely early products. Just look at how rogue was in the first batch.

Not exactly an inspiring collection. Even for MCU based figures these look kind of anemic, and the fairly generic costumes make them look like day-players from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

At least if they had given us Angelina Jolie I could've maybe justified buying that, but these?

Who wants to bet these will be a staple of Big Lot's toy department next Christmas?

I would easily buy comics version of Ikaris and Thena at least, but full on movie wave  with absolutely unknown characters with no comic book figures? This seems crazy. Yes, they did all movie waves few times, once with Black Panther and Avengers, but these were all following second waves of already established billion dollar franchises. This Figures themselves aren't that visually interesting, be it for kids or adult fans a like. It seems like self sabotage really, unless there was clear demand from marvel execs to make this wave happen. 

Im not an MCU collector (only a select few I own) so this doesnt appeal to me. I must say tho, these look extremely generic and that BAF from what I can see is extremely unappealing and small. Happy for those that are eagerly awaiting this tho. Also I too am shocked its an all MCU wave, bold move. 

Guy gets their hands (probably illegally) on a wave and decides to leak it with terrible photos. Why bother leaking if you can't do it right. It's like some leakers badly covering up parts of the packaging for no reason accept bragging rights. 

Sersi is probably the only one I owuld get, to stand in for a comics version, but that's it. Unless the movie and characters and super awesome

That the effin' hell. I actually fell asleep half way through these slides. Worst ML wave ever. A buncha regular looking people in long robes. Aside from the hardcore collectors there is no child (which is what toys are marketed towards) wants one of these tear inducing abominations for Christmas. Luckily they won't be making it out this year so no poor child has to endure that pain. I will say this and maintain it no matter how many tweaks and primps it goes through before the movie release, this will be the worst selling and most peg warming wave in ML history. This is not a smart move on Hasbro's part. No matter how good the movie is, no one outside the collector community wants Sprite or Makkari or Druig. Again, just dudes in fancy robes. Not even any of those same overused power effects. Stick a fork in this wave before it even hits. This is a failure to launch.

From the comments, it appears I'm in the minority here, but I'm actually pretty excited for this wave. Although I'd strongly prefer comic-based figures, this will be the first wave I can remember in a very long time that doesn't have even one re-tread A list character that has already been done 50 times.....Nothing that I hate more than having to buy another Spider-Man/Deadpool/Wolverine/Captain America that I don't want in order to complete the BAF.  ........... I'm also expecting this movie to be much better than others seem to be, or at least I'm optimistic about it!  

5 hours ago, Bunjo0243 said:

The 1st EVER wave of any series I have ZERO interest in. 

This is what I'm saying. They've broken a cardinal rule for adapting a book/comic to film: your film adaptation, even when differences have to be made, should still resemble the source material. Very very few films have been able to disregard this and still be successful. These figures look nothing like the comic and frankly, I have to ask if they're  gonna deviate this far, then why make an Eternals movie in the first place?

I wish them luck. Don't know how the movie will do, but the action figures (and I'm concerned about the legitimacy of the source)  are just blah. No worry about scalpers here.

spacer.png

I can't say for certain if I hate this, or kinda like it for some strange reason

it weirds me out that I feel sad and happy at the same time and think Hasbro is insane for putting all of this brand new tooling on what may be the biggest shot in the dark wave ever.

as i have said before, since this is Marvel Studios biggest risk (I mean who seriously thought the Eternals of all character would get a movie), my feeling is that Hasbro are just putting these out and getting them out of the way. That way if the movie flops, at least people won't be asking for these figure. A loss for Hasbro but given that Marvel is their biggest market, it would be a small loss. IF the movie does well (which, given MS record seems likely), they may make the comic figure. Maybe as a Amazon exclusive.

The recent Children of Thanos box set comes to mind for me when thinking of this wave.. every figure in that set needed to be redone to match their on screen counterpart. The redos knocked it out of the park.

imagine if the Eternals wave costumes aren’t screen accurate, I cannot imagine these turkeys getting a second chance in any form. 5 of the 7 figures are bottom of the barrel choices I can’t imagine anyone asking to pay for twice if they needed updating. Wish the pic of the Gilgamesh BAF was better focused, I zoom and it just blurs it more. 

Of course they would have had time to fix inaccuracies if they weren’t rushed out like many MCU waves that don’t quite look right before this pandemic thing..