The First Marvel Legends Eternals Movie Figure Revealed?!? SPOILERS

JayC

They've already outright said that delays caused by the pandemic actually allowed them to fix the deco on this wave (as well as some sculpting on the Shang Chi wave) to better match the final movie designs. The movie designs being locked in so far ahead of the actual film releases was a major boon for Hasbro. This wave has been pushed all the way back to October, according to my distributors, so someone has their hands on these almost a year early. They're probably real, but there's a non-zero chance they're not the final version.

11 hours ago, CAC said:

This wave might surpass the Captain Marvel movie wave as greatest "Peg Warmer" wave of all time.

I would bet the farm on that. At least the Captain "Better than Everyone" Marvel wave had a few comic figures. Not only will this sell worse than that wave, but it should clock in as the most expensive wave to be made ever due to all the new sculpts and photo real tech. The biggest waste of precious resources we've ever seen in ML thus far. This pretty much guarantees the 90 percent of the comic figures we get next year will most certainly be repaints.

12 hours ago, mako said:

Not exactly an inspiring collection. Even for MCU based figures these look kind of anemic, and the fairly generic costumes make them look like day-players from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

At least if they had given us Angelina Jolie I could've maybe justified buying that, but these?

Who wants to bet these will be a staple of Big Lot's toy department next Christmas?

Oh with an ego only slightly less inflated than the Golden Goddess Brie you better bet Angelina will get her figure. I'm calling it now, there will probably be a Sersi & Black Knight 2 pack if ML history follows course.

There’s a lot of negative opinions about this wave, and while I kinda get them, people seem to be blowing it way out of proportion. No one is forcing anyone to buy this wave, there’s definitely been waves that I have no desire for any figures from, such as the AoA wave, but that just means I can save money. Also the arguments that Hasbro is wasting money on this wave are just weird. Why do you care so much about what Hasbro is spending their money on? I highly doubt this wave will significantly take away from them being able to do other figures. As for the complaints about the figures themselves, the costumes may not be comic-accurate, but no one in any universe should have expected them to put any of those costumes in the movie. To my eye, these aren’t any worse than a lot of MCU Asgardian costumes, but people have been clamoring for a lot of those for years now. Personally, I’m very happy we’re getting so far a total of 10 figures from this movie, and I’m very impressed that they’re all new sculpts, while still all including alternate hands and some heads. I’m very interested to see what the movie has in store too. Point is, I’m not judging it before we even have a trailer. Disney has done some incredible things with the MCU thus far, I’m trusting them to make at least an exciting and interesting movie, even if it’s not 100% comic accurate or as recognizable as previous ones have been. Sorry for the rant lol, I just wanted to address some common opinions I’ve been seeing on this wave. For comic fans, don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll see an Amazon boxset for the Eternals at some point, especially if the movie does well. Hell, they gave us one for Alpha Flight, why not Eternals?

Know what I wish? I wish that Marvel wouldnt put out stupid figures that reflect the MOVIES and instead put out COMIC ACCURATE figures instead.  Grow some balls Marvel, everyone knows the ONLY reason this ridiculous Eternals movie is being made is to introduce Black Knight into the MCU..whole i LOVE The Eternals, this ENTIRE flick is miscast and "gender swapped/ethnically altered" so as not to offend any special interest groups... as for this wave, even tho both Sersi and Gilgamesh would add to my Avengers collection.. I will most EMPHATICALLY pass on EVERY...SINGLE...ONE of these

I'm glad they stuck to an all-MCU roster for the wave, including the build-a-figure.  I don't really go for movie figures for space and money reasons, and I know other people collect just the inverse for much the same kind of reasons.  It helps folks like us not end up with BAF pieces or figures that we don't really want.

1 hour ago, Tsull2121 said:

Know what I wish? I wish that Marvel wouldnt put out stupid figures that reflect the MOVIES and instead put out COMIC ACCURATE figures instead.  Grow some balls Marvel, everyone knows the ONLY reason this ridiculous Eternals movie is being made is to introduce Black Knight into the MCU..whole i LOVE The Eternals, this ENTIRE flick is miscast and "gender swapped/ethnically altered" so as not to offend any special interest groups... as for this wave, even tho both Sersi and Gilgamesh would add to my Avengers collection.. I will most EMPHATICALLY pass on EVERY...SINGLE...ONE of these

wut?

45 minutes ago, Satam said:

Yeah, I think they technically did that already. Anson Mount played him in the Inhumans tv show. It was a colossal failure.

I think you mean Anson Mount played Black Bolt but the rest is absolute fact

• 3 weeks later...
Earlier this month we saw initial images for Hasbro's upcoming Marvel Legends 6" Eternals Movie wave hit the net. The figures were originally slated for release earlier this year but got delayed due to the movie's release being delayed. With that though, some people have apparently still managed to get their hands on the figures. The original images we saw where not that great of quality, and while these aren't the greatest images either, they do give us a better look overall at the figures, albeit still in the packages. These images come via Instagramer kaozaton.

The wave breaks down as follows:

- Ikaris who will be played by actor Richard Madden
- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff

- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

The Build-A-Figure while we still don't have a great look at, though better than before is Gilgamesh. The newest release date for the Eternals movie is November 5, 2021. It's unknown if Hasbro will try and wait around that time to release the figures or release them sooner. I suspect the earliest we would see these on shelves is sometime next summer.

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-08.jpg

Well, this is....underwhelming. I don't know if Disney/Hasbro were deliberately aiming for a Game of Thrones meets Lost in Space or Star Trek lite vibe, but if they were, goal achieved.

I have a natural comic bias, and I don't want to deflate the enthusiasm of  those that like this, but gotta say: this is risky. This is an entire wave based on a completely untested corner of the Marvel Universe and the MCU. These are tough times for toys and tough times for films, and in the past, waves of Legends based on underperforming Marvel films (Spider-Man Far From Home, Captain Marvel & Dr Strange spring to mind) can be saved by cool comics figures (or, you can flip that round and say weaker Legends waves were saved by strong MCU figures. I wouldn't argue that myself, but, y'know...).

And, just taking these images as they are, I don't see any of the elements that make Marvel's metaphysical characters, Eon, Living Tribunal, Death, Supreme Intelligence, Watcher, Galactus etc. freaky, cosmic, otherworldly and goddamn cool-looking. If you're not a huge fan of the movie, as a casual collector, why would you buy this bland ass wave of refugees from a Galactic Senate subcommittee? And the BAF is Gilgamesh? The worst, and most laughable Avenger ever? Universally hated and pointless, because his gimmick is that he is the forgotten one?

Well, maybe Disney knows something I don't, because they are blitzing the Eternals movie with collectables: they get FOUR sets of Lego this year (no other MCU property has achieved more than three since Avengers Infinity War), multiple deluxe Legends and a full movie wave. That's only been done once before (Black Panther Wave 2)....and even with that super popular film, the wave died a death.

40 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Still amazed leakers can't take decent images

LoL, it's like these yet to be released figures are a big foot sighting

anyways these pictures make these figures look worse then before, at least when the pictures were more blurry I couldn't tell that all of their faces looked like they were stuck in a dorky smirky thing, or just plain silly looking.  I guess we can sort of see that the build a figure is terrible as well in these pics..

this wave

spacer.png

I still like this wave, but some of the facial expressions are weird. Still not the most exciting wave, but I think with all the figures together it’ll make a very classy display. I really appreciate all the detail put into the costumes and the likenesses all look pretty good. Plus I’m always happy to get some flesh toned hands. I’m definitely getting all 10 figures they’re releasing for this movie.

2 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

Well, this is....underwhelming. I don't know if Disney/Hasbro were deliberately aiming for a Game of Thrones meets Lost in Space or Star Trek lite vibe, but if they were, goal achieved.

I have a natural comic bias, and I don't want to deflate the enthusiasm of  those that like this, but gotta say: this is risky. This is an entire wave based on a completely untested corner of the Marvel Universe and the MCU. These are tough times for toys and tough times for films, and in the past, waves of Legends based on underperforming Marvel films (Spider-Man Far From Home, Captain Marvel & Dr Strange spring to mind) can be saved by cool comics figures (or, you can flip that round and say weaker Legends waves were saved by strong MCU figures. I wouldn't argue that myself, but, y'know...).

And, just taking these images as they are, I don't see any of the elements that make Marvel's metaphysical characters, Eon, Living Tribunal, Death, Supreme Intelligence, Watcher, Galactus etc. freaky, cosmic, otherworldly and goddamn cool-looking. If you're not a huge fan of the movie, as a casual collector, why would you buy this bland ass wave of refugees from a Galactic Senate subcommittee? And the BAF is Gilgamesh? The worst, and most laughable Avenger ever? Universally hated and pointless, because his gimmick is that he is the forgotten one?

Well, maybe Disney knows something I don't, because they are blitzing the Eternals movie with collectables: they get FOUR sets of Lego this year (no other MCU property has achieved more than three since Avengers Infinity War), multiple deluxe Legends and a full movie wave. That's only been done once before (Black Panther Wave 2)....and even with that super popular film, the wave died a death.

Don’t forget Endgame wave 3 and the 2012 Avengers wave. I think they may be intentionally putting out a crap ton of merch for this movie right off the bat because there won’t be much of an outcry for figures after the movie, so they want to get as much stuff out as possible for the movie to satisfy the fans like myself that are movie completionists and then they can move onto other figures without having to worry about people wanting more. Case and point, Endgame. They barely did anything right for that movie, but they can also milk that for a while, Eternals, not so much. 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:09 AM, Ironspider428 said:

"...As for the complaints about the figures themselves, the costumes may not be comic-accurate, but no one in any universe should have expected them to put any of those costumes in the movie.."

I have to disagree with this statement; frankly if baffles me. Why wouldn't the Eternals' costumes be reflected in the Eternal's movie? There's no reason for these proposed movie outfits to not bear at least some resemblance to the source material. I'm not surprised the majority of fans here aren't impressed with these figures. Not only do they not resemble the Eternals, the costume choices themselves look dull, boring; they're just jazzed-up temple robes. Again I find myself asking, why did these producers look at the Eternals comic, think it would be great to bring them to the screen, then change them so much that they're so unrecognizable? I can't speak to the quality of the movie, but I can say thanks to Hasbro, cause this is going to save me some money.