The First Marvel Legends Eternals Movie Figure Revealed?!? SPOILERS

JayC

Right, I can see these going on clearance; regardless of how well/poorly the movie does, the toy collectors have to be excited by the figures. These don't do that. Virtually every major Marvel movie figures resemble their comic book counterparts. Nobody's looking at Cap, Iron Man, Black Panther, Hulk etc. on the big screen and asking "who's that supposed to be". The very first MCU appearance of Thanos looked like he did in the comic. Dr. Strange- hell, I thought for sure they weren't even gonna try to get his outfit right. Just give him a trench coat and a black turtle neck and call it a day. Well not only did they not do that, they came so close, I don't know why they didn't just use his actual costume. By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth, they even gave him his orange gloves in the final sequence. 

I'm not saying Eternals won't be a good movie. But the action figures would sell a lot better if they looked like theyre supposed to.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I'm calling it right now, this will be the worst selling wave of ML figs in the history of the line. Sorry, these will be on clearance within a month or so of release.

And add to that, the most expensive wave ever. All new sculpts, all photo real tech, zero repaints, zero opportunity for future re-use. The offset of how much it took to make this wave vs how much it will make will amount to ML's biggest loss to date.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:09 AM, Ironspider428 said:

There’s a lot of negative opinions about this wave, and while I kinda get them, people seem to be blowing it way out of proportion. No one is forcing anyone to buy this wave, there’s definitely been waves that I have no desire for any figures from, such as the AoA wave, but that just means I can save money. Also the arguments that Hasbro is wasting money on this wave are just weird. Why do you care so much about what Hasbro is spending their money on? I highly doubt this wave will significantly take away from them being able to do other figures.

Well I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Sure, this probably won't stop Hasbro from doing certain projects or from putting out a certain amount of product for comic based fans, but many times in interview videos with personalities like Shartimus and JayC at Cons before this scaredemic, it was often pointed out that budget was a major factor as to why they could or couldn't do particular characters or other products. I can understand one's reasoning why they choose not to jump to any judgement before the movie or actual products are revealed but when you see something that seems this bland from the outset it's kinda hard not to think of how much could have been done with the budget they expended on these products and what kind of impact it will have on the amount of characters that will have to be done as repaint or mold re-use and how many unique characters had to be put off for sometime in the future. The one good thing is the funds for this wave was allotted many moons ago so it may not as much effect on this year's product as we think. Other than the fact that it will possibly displace figures or waves that might have otherwise been scheduled.

While I understand most complaints... I think that once the movie comes out we might change our minds. Might. Because while I don't find these terribly exciting or interesting, I don't think they're terrible. Probably just because I don't know anything about this property from before, so... yeah, my 2¢

1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

While I understand most complaints... I think that once the movie comes out we might change our minds. Might. Because while I don't find these terribly exciting or interesting, I don't think they're terrible. Probably just because I don't know anything about this property from before, so... yeah, my 2¢

More info on the movie and better pics may change our minds, but those are still a long way away

22 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I have to disagree with this statement; frankly if baffles me. Why wouldn't the Eternals' costumes be reflected in the Eternal's movie? There's no reason for these proposed movie outfits to not bear at least some resemblance to the source material. I'm not surprised the majority of fans here aren't impressed with these figures. Not only do they not resemble the Eternals, the costume choices themselves look dull, boring; they're just jazzed-up temple robes. Again I find myself asking, why did these producers look at the Eternals comic, think it would be great to bring them to the screen, then change them so much that they're so unrecognizable? I can't speak to the quality of the movie, but I can say thanks to Hasbro, cause this is going to save me some money.

I'm nowhere near a comic Eternals fan, but the more I compare the costumes, the more it seems like it's the standard MCU costume formula. Most of them are the right color, just toned down, Ikaris has his three chest spheres, he's just missing the red. Sprite probably strays the most from the comic costume, but honestly I'm thankful for that since the comic version is just basically Peter Pan tights. I will agree with you that Kro looks absolutely nothing like the comics lol. Correct me if I'm wrong, but how are these costumes so much worse than the MCU Asgardians or GOTG?

56 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how are these costumes so much worse than the MCU Asgardians or GOTG?

They're worse because:

• As I've said a number of times now, they bear zero resemblance to the source material. Worse than that....they're boring.
  • Virtually every major Marvel movie character resembles their comic book counterparts- key word is Virtually, not every single one
  • MCU Asgardians had very ornate outfits, Kirby designed very ornate outfits in the comics. And if you had passing familiarity to the Warriors Three, you knew who they were in the film (though they blew it big time by not giving Hogun that awesome fur/horned head piece). Thor was the star of Thor, you see him, you recognize him. Judging by these figures, unless we'd been told who they were supposed to depict, no one would ever have known.
  • Even if the MCU Asgardians weren't perfectly lifted from the comics, even if one found their look to be incorrect, that wouldn't be an excuse to just slap on any design on other movies and call it good. As the saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right.

Ultimately, it comes down to you. If You like the figures, you buy them. Its your right, your money and noone can tell you how to spend it. But you're looking for a reason why the majority of people here aren't feeling these figures, now you know.

On 9/5/2020 at 9:27 PM, ADour said:

It was just Shang-Chi getting the temporary ability to multiplicate himself as a minor sub-plot in the lead up to Secret Wars (considered one of the most meaningful stories of late) after touching some alien stuff. It wasn't billed as THE ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT SHANG-CHI, SUPER NEW STATUS-QUO IT WILL ROCK THE MARVEL UNIVERS TO THE CORE BUY NOW.

I'm glad they didn't continue it. Always preferred Shang-Chi in a more grounded setting.  

22 hours ago, jkpopculture said:

It does make me wonder if this means that future movie waves will be all movie figures with no comic ones. or if the team size made it a one time decision. 

The rimours for the Shang-Chi wave seem to be suggesting that this is a once-off

• 3 weeks later...
We've already seen images for the entire wave of Hasbro's Marvel Legends Eternals MCU movie figures surface online, even though the wave has yet to be officially confirmed by Hasbro. The movie and these figures were originally due out last year but then delayed to later this year because of COVID. Never-the-less the figures continue to leak out and now we have some better quality images for some of the figures in the wave that come via Mercari seller Marvelmar.

Just to recap the entire wave includes the following figures:

- Ikaris who will be played by actor Richard Madden
- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

The Build-A-Figure is of Gilgamesh played by actor Don Lee. The updated images gives us better looks at Ikaris, Sprite, Kingo, Phastos, Druig and our best look yet at Gilgamesh.

Right now the movie is slated with a November 5, 2021. We expect if that holds the figures will see release in late summer or early fall.

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals-13.jpg

Much appreciated, but the only thing these pics do is accentuate how much these figures suck in a much more vivid light. Seriously, who was in charge of deciding exactly which expressions these figs were gonna have on their faces? Failure to launch. The most expensive bomb in Hasbro history.

I love the face printing and ornate costumes on all of these. They're not the most exciting figures in the world, but I think they'll make a damn good looking display when they're all together. I'm a bit torn because while I'm for sure getting all of them, I'm not sure if I should order them all when they're released or wait for a sale. If they're $20 each I'll probably just get them upfront just to be safe. I do like how we're getting almost every character. Just missing Thena, Black Knight and possibly young Thanos since he's rumored to be in the movie. Hopefully we get those down the line, I can't imagine they'd give us all of them and not Thena at the very least. Maybe in a 2 or 3 pack. 

18 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Much appreciated, but the only thing these pics do is accentuate how much these figures suck in a much more vivid light. Seriously, who was in charge of deciding exactly which expressions these figs were gonna have on their faces? Failure to launch. The most expensive bomb in Hasbro history.

I mean, what the hell is Kingo doing, the Bewitched nose twitch? And the only expression more bored looking than Phastos will be from the poor kids who'll be passing these things in the toy aisle. Did the actor who played Druig actually have to pose for that dead look head sculpt or did they just do a composite police sketch from the descriptions of some people on set who claimed to have seen the actor? These are bad. Actually makes me feel (and hope) that we're getting punked here.

51 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I mean, what the hell is Kingo doing, the Bewitched nose twitch? And the only expression more bored looking than Phastos will be from the poor kids who'll be passing these things in the toy aisle. Did the actor who played Druig actually have to pose for that dead look head sculpt or did they just do a composite police sketch from the descriptions of some people on set who claimed to have seen the actor? These are bad. Actually makes me feel (and hope) that we're getting punked here.

spacer.png

seriously you said it man.

I mean these looks good, but wtf with the faces bruh like the expressions are so lifeless. And I might just pick up ikaris. Really shocked there isn't a single comic based figure like there hasn't been any elteranl/deviant stuff made from the comics like come on hasbro u couldn't throw in at least 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Much appreciated, but the only thing these pics do is accentuate how much these figures suck in a much more vivid light. Seriously, who was in charge of deciding exactly which expressions these figs were gonna have on their faces? 

I feel u dude the facial expressions is a L.