Marvel Legends 6" Walgreens Exclusive Silver Centurion Iron Man Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

For the most part this thing looks absolutely amazing, but the more I love it the more I hate what they did with that whole neck situation. It's a damn shame that after all this wait, they had what seems like zero forethought about making it compatible with the Tony Stark or James Rhodes head sculpts. I just don't understand why they had to change up the entire neck/shoulder area on this figure when the rest of it was pretty much just a modified 80th Iron Man sculpt. Some people credit the new shoulder articulation, but I say keep the articulation and make all Iron Man figures compatible with relevant sculpts. Total bummer after such arduous anticipation.

9 hours ago, monron999 said:

I just don't understand why they had to change up the entire neck/shoulder area on this figure when the rest of it was pretty much just a modified 80th Iron Man sculpt. Some people credit the new shoulder articulation, but I say keep the articulation and make all Iron Man figures compatible with relevant sculpts.

I think it's clear they wanted to keep the thick neck of the armor's comic design for accuracy, but a regular head articulation set-up would have really been hindered by it, so they decided to make the neck and head one piece connected to the torso. It wouldn't have been a bad idea if only the neck ran deeper into the torso or sat lower. Making the neck double-jointed like an import would probably have been the way to go, but it would have carried an extra cost.

Also, just love the pics of SC against Iron Monger and the West Coast Avengers. 

A major plus, these pics show the neck joint isn’t the deal breaker some people feared. This is an amazing figure, can’t wait to find him.

40 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Also, just love the pics of SC against Iron Monger and the West Coast Avengers. 

A major plus, these pics show the neck joint isn’t the deal breaker some people feared. This is an amazing figure, can’t wait to find him.

As far as the figure itself, it is awesome and great to see it finally done. The neck issue is by no means a deal breaker, but how much better would it have been with the option to use one or both of those head sculpts? It's a good figure but another missed opportunity to make it a great figure. Again, still happy to finally see a Silver Centurion after all these years requesting it.

45 minutes ago, monron999 said:

As far as the figure itself, it is awesome and great to see it finally done. The neck issue is by no means a deal breaker, but how much better would it have been with the option to use one or both of those head sculpts? It's a good figure but another missed opportunity to make it a great figure. Again, still happy to finally see a Silver Centurion after all these years requesting it.

Oh I’m definitely with you. They had been knocking out the perfect rendition of classic armors. Like, literally no reason outside of a repaint to ever tackle these versions again. 

Then the decision to use that neck joint on what was probably my most anticipated Legend Iron Man yet,.. again, not a deal breaker but this figure definitely leaves open the possibility of a redo to get the perfect version down the road.

its not unrealistic to think they could do what the 3 3/4 Marvel Universe line did, and revisit the SC in a two pack ( and possibly fix neck issue) down the road

And looking at the shoulder parts, I forget what others are calling them, they aren’t as undersized as fans of the original TB version would have you believe.. these look the same size to me.. so in reality, Hasbro got these right too.

EDIT: the shoulder part i couldn’t think of are pauldrons..those are what I mean look to be the same size as the TB version

They should've modified the bulkier War Machine torso for this one. Pauldrons are good but should've been a shade bigger, metallic red paint like on the TB version, tackle the head/neck issue...and the easiest fix, that back pack. Even Pyro's shape comes closer to the proper configuration. The 4" also did it better and more accurate.

The band array on the helmet was supposed to wrap all the way around the back instead of breaking like that, but Im sure I've seen pics that didn't do that so I wont complain. But that back pack was a distinguishing feature and its baffling how they got that so wrong. As I posted before, this will still sell and will sell well, and I plan on getting it. Maybe one day we'll get the corrected version. Now looking forward to the heroes reborn Promethium armor, Ultimates armor, Crimson Dynamo and Sunturion.

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

They should've modified the bulkier War Machine torso for this one. Pauldrons are good but should've been a shade bigger, metallic red paint like on the TB version, tackle the head/neck issue...and the easiest fix, that back pack. Even Pyro's shape comes closer to the proper configuration. The 4" also did it better and more accurate.

The band array on the helmet was supposed to wrap all the way around the back instead of breaking like that, but Im sure I've seen pics that didn't do that so I wont complain. But that back pack was a distinguishing feature and its baffling how they got that so wrong. As I posted before, this will still sell and will sell well, and I plan on getting it. Maybe one day we'll get the corrected version. Now looking forward to the heroes reborn Promethium armor, Ultimates armor, Crimson Dynamo and Sunturion.

Given the inaccuracies and such, it makes me wonder if they rushed this to meet a deadline.

For those of you that live in south Tx, he's hitting. I found him today here in SA, Tx. I tried to Dremel the head but being as it's connected to the damn neck, I can't get in deep enough w/o Dremel damaging the neck entrance.  For action pic taking, I'm gonna have to position the head in ways that minimizes the gappage, or take pics from angles that don't show it as much, other than that, this figure is great. Will take some pics later today & post em.

On 9/12/2020 at 10:58 PM, leokearon said:

Given the inaccuracies and such, it makes me wonder if they rushed this to meet a deadline.

Right? And that's so bizarre; why set a deadline you know you cant meet? I'm trying not to be cruel here because they got a lot of it right. On the other hand this has been one of the most, if not THE most, anticipated sets of armor Iron Man has, and instead of nailing it, they give us what looks like a prototype that's about 75-80% complete. 

I see some posts saying he's showing up in select areas. Haven't seen any here and its not on Walgreens' website (yet).

12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Right? And that's so bizarre; why set a deadline you know you cant meet? I'm trying not to be cruel here because they got a lot of it right. On the other hand this has been one of the most, if not THE most, anticipated sets of armor Iron Man has, and instead of nailing it, they give us what looks like a prototype that's about 75-80% complete. 

I see some posts saying he's showing up in select areas. Haven't seen any here and its not on Walgreens' website (yet).

Yeah, it is strange why they didn't take their time on this; we have waited ages for a new Silver Centurion another couple of months wouldn't have hurt us

Great sculpt no doubt about it, I still think that it would be possible to give him hinge in the neck for better flying poses,  it would require some modification to the back portion of the head but I would be fine with it, Now to the real issue, when previous version of this figure from 2004 has way way better paint job (that actually looks metallic) you know you have a problem, Hasbro really needs to up their metallic paint job game.

• 3 months later...

There's a lot of hopeful thoughts that 2021 might see an appearance of Tigra. So often when I think of Silver Centurion, I also see Tigra and the west cost Avengers. Imagine if they released a set with her, Mockingbird, Wonderman and SC, only with SC updated and accurate this time.

Yeah,  yeah, I know....not gonna happen....

18 hours ago, Atlantis said:

There's a lot of hopeful thoughts that 2021 might see an appearance of Tigra. So often when I think of Silver Centurion, I also see Tigra and the west cost Avengers. Imagine if they released a set with her, Mockingbird, Wonderman and SC, only with SC updated and accurate this time.

Yeah,  yeah, I know....not gonna happen....

Sad we are already asking/needing an update on a figure that was just released.