Jump to content
JayC

Marvel Legends 6" Walgreens Exclusive Silver Centurion Iron Man Figure Video Review And Images

Recommended Posts

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Walgreens Exclusive Silver Centurion Iron Man figure from Hasbro.
 



Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-01.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-02.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-03.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-04.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-05.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-06.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-07.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-08.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-09.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-10.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-11.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-12.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-13.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-14.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-15.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-16.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-17.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-18.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-19.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-20.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-21.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-22.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-23.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-24.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-25.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-26.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-27.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-28.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-29.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-30.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-31.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-32.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-33.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-34.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-35.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-36.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-37.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-38.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-39.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-40.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-41.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-42.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-43.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-44.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-45.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-46.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-47.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-48.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-49.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-50.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-51.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-52.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-53.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-54.JPG

Silver-Centurion-Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-55.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the most part this thing looks absolutely amazing, but the more I love it the more I hate what they did with that whole neck situation. It's a damn shame that after all this wait, they had what seems like zero forethought about making it compatible with the Tony Stark or James Rhodes head sculpts. I just don't understand why they had to change up the entire neck/shoulder area on this figure when the rest of it was pretty much just a modified 80th Iron Man sculpt. Some people credit the new shoulder articulation, but I say keep the articulation and make all Iron Man figures compatible with relevant sculpts. Total bummer after such arduous anticipation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, monron999 said:

I just don't understand why they had to change up the entire neck/shoulder area on this figure when the rest of it was pretty much just a modified 80th Iron Man sculpt. Some people credit the new shoulder articulation, but I say keep the articulation and make all Iron Man figures compatible with relevant sculpts.

I think it's clear they wanted to keep the thick neck of the armor's comic design for accuracy, but a regular head articulation set-up would have really been hindered by it, so they decided to make the neck and head one piece connected to the torso. It wouldn't have been a bad idea if only the neck ran deeper into the torso or sat lower. Making the neck double-jointed like an import would probably have been the way to go, but it would have carried an extra cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard talk of people ( and I admit I am thinking about..) wanting to dremmel the neck to see if they can close the neck gap. 

Has anyone that found this guy tried it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, just love the pics of SC against Iron Monger and the West Coast Avengers. 

A major plus, these pics show the neck joint isn’t the deal breaker some people feared. This is an amazing figure, can’t wait to find him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Also, just love the pics of SC against Iron Monger and the West Coast Avengers. 

A major plus, these pics show the neck joint isn’t the deal breaker some people feared. This is an amazing figure, can’t wait to find him.

As far as the figure itself, it is awesome and great to see it finally done. The neck issue is by no means a deal breaker, but how much better would it have been with the option to use one or both of those head sculpts? It's a good figure but another missed opportunity to make it a great figure. Again, still happy to finally see a Silver Centurion after all these years requesting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, monron999 said:

As far as the figure itself, it is awesome and great to see it finally done. The neck issue is by no means a deal breaker, but how much better would it have been with the option to use one or both of those head sculpts? It's a good figure but another missed opportunity to make it a great figure. Again, still happy to finally see a Silver Centurion after all these years requesting it.

Oh I’m definitely with you. They had been knocking out the perfect rendition of classic armors. Like, literally no reason outside of a repaint to ever tackle these versions again. 

Then the decision to use that neck joint on what was probably my most anticipated Legend Iron Man yet,.. again, not a deal breaker but this figure definitely leaves open the possibility of a redo to get the perfect version down the road.

its not unrealistic to think they could do what the 3 3/4 Marvel Universe line did, and revisit the SC in a two pack ( and possibly fix neck issue) down the road

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And looking at the shoulder parts, I forget what others are calling them, they aren’t as undersized as fans of the original TB version would have you believe.. these look the same size to me.. so in reality, Hasbro got these right too.

EDIT: the shoulder part i couldn’t think of are pauldrons..those are what I mean look to be the same size as the TB version

4995E359-083C-4CBA-92DD-15C5D49F4C09.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasbro version blows TB version outta the water. Those Gorilla arms....I can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should've modified the bulkier War Machine torso for this one. Pauldrons are good but should've been a shade bigger, metallic red paint like on the TB version, tackle the head/neck issue...and the easiest fix, that back pack. Even Pyro's shape comes closer to the proper configuration. The 4" also did it better and more accurate.

The band array on the helmet was supposed to wrap all the way around the back instead of breaking like that, but Im sure I've seen pics that didn't do that so I wont complain. But that back pack was a distinguishing feature and its baffling how they got that so wrong. As I posted before, this will still sell and will sell well, and I plan on getting it. Maybe one day we'll get the corrected version. Now looking forward to the heroes reborn Promethium armor, Ultimates armor, Crimson Dynamo and Sunturion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

They should've modified the bulkier War Machine torso for this one. Pauldrons are good but should've been a shade bigger, metallic red paint like on the TB version, tackle the head/neck issue...and the easiest fix, that back pack. Even Pyro's shape comes closer to the proper configuration. The 4" also did it better and more accurate.

The band array on the helmet was supposed to wrap all the way around the back instead of breaking like that, but Im sure I've seen pics that didn't do that so I wont complain. But that back pack was a distinguishing feature and its baffling how they got that so wrong. As I posted before, this will still sell and will sell well, and I plan on getting it. Maybe one day we'll get the corrected version. Now looking forward to the heroes reborn Promethium armor, Ultimates armor, Crimson Dynamo and Sunturion.

Given the inaccuracies and such, it makes me wonder if they rushed this to meet a deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you that live in south Tx, he's hitting. I found him today here in SA, Tx. I tried to Dremel the head but being as it's connected to the damn neck, I can't get in deep enough w/o Dremel damaging the neck entrance.  For action pic taking, I'm gonna have to position the head in ways that minimizes the gappage, or take pics from angles that don't show it as much, other than that, this figure is great. Will take some pics later today & post em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 10:58 PM, leokearon said:

Given the inaccuracies and such, it makes me wonder if they rushed this to meet a deadline.

Right? And that's so bizarre; why set a deadline you know you cant meet? I'm trying not to be cruel here because they got a lot of it right. On the other hand this has been one of the most, if not THE most, anticipated sets of armor Iron Man has, and instead of nailing it, they give us what looks like a prototype that's about 75-80% complete. 

I see some posts saying he's showing up in select areas. Haven't seen any here and its not on Walgreens' website (yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To my surprise, found 3 of these at 1 of my walgreens (Odessa TX) as I was looking for Moon Knight. Gotta say, he is much better in person and stoked to finally have em in my shrinking collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see you are really enjoying the Silver Centurion and Nimrod figs, Gigantor! you should post some of these on IG. I like the first one and 3rd to last especially. Curious as to what you are using for the extended beams... straws maybe? but they look a bit sturdier than that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. SCIM & Nimrod are long time favs & wants of mine, so yeah, I'm having fun with them. I use wooden dowels for the extended beams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Right? And that's so bizarre; why set a deadline you know you cant meet? I'm trying not to be cruel here because they got a lot of it right. On the other hand this has been one of the most, if not THE most, anticipated sets of armor Iron Man has, and instead of nailing it, they give us what looks like a prototype that's about 75-80% complete. 

I see some posts saying he's showing up in select areas. Haven't seen any here and its not on Walgreens' website (yet).

Yeah, it is strange why they didn't take their time on this; we have waited ages for a new Silver Centurion another couple of months wouldn't have hurt us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Nimrod sets his sights on Silver Centurian Ironman.

s0iDJ2d.jpg

ka5pisq.jpg

Fm4KpDk.jpg

pzVkI5n.jpg

pxcJPAW.jpg

P3tpXNI.jpg

nuOdu2k.jpg

3yBJfJ9.jpg

MzlVuXB.jpg

m1TAkYS.jpg

GOo1hFc.jpg

DQ0sd5H.jpg

mzRMNNc.jpg

VcMiH93.jpg

OyM7Ye7.jpg

More images from Nimrod kills the Marvel universe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great sculpt no doubt about it, I still think that it would be possible to give him hinge in the neck for better flying poses,  it would require some modification to the back portion of the head but I would be fine with it, Now to the real issue, when previous version of this figure from 2004 has way way better paint job (that actually looks metallic) you know you have a problem, Hasbro really needs to up their metallic paint job game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE