Marvel Legends X-Men Storm And Thunderbird 2-Pack Hitting Canadian TRU Stores Now

JayC

Francis writes in to let us know that he found the new Marvel Legends X-Men Storm And Thunderbird 2-Pack from Hasbro at his local Toys R' Us store in Canada. The cost was $69.99 and the SKU# is 479702.

For those of us in the United States this set is being sold as a Target store exclusive and is currently listed with an October 4 release date, though I wouldn't be surprised if it starts hitting physical store shelves a bit sooner than that. Big thanks to Francis for the heads up.

Marvel-Legends-Storm-2-Pack.jpg

After the GI joe classified target exclusives turned out to be such a fiasco , I find myself dreading hunting for this 2-pack.

I’ll probably try and catch an early review to see how good the Ororo figure is, as that is the main draw for me. basically I’m trying to convince myself the retro black costume version would be a good enough substitute but deep down I know that’s not the case 🙂

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Impossible!! The Canadians on this board say they never get anything!! 😁

HAHAHAH , we don't, but I guess in this case we beat you guys, I'm still sure this pack isn't going to be an easy find, and will turn out like the Red Hulk here, this guy got super lucky, and nobody else will be as lucky, I mean once in awhile we do get things before you guys in the US but super rarely.. I mean I remember we got Gray Black Widow, Iron Man 2020, Venom wave Venom, Walgreens Emma Frost before you guys

also yeah this has been spotted by another dude as well, along with Movie Prof X & Magneto 2pack

I'm gonna have to get my damn hunting shoes on it looks like, even though I'm sure by the time I get them on.. poof it shall be gone

according to Stocktrack, this isn't available anywhere in my jurisdiction, so whomever found these must not have been in Ontario, I'm actually curious as to what province these figures were located, because that information has not been divulged by any source

3 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

After the GI joe classified target exclusives turned out to be such a fiasco , I find myself dreading hunting for this 2-pack.

I’ll probably try and catch an early review to see how good the Ororo figure is, as that is the main draw for me. basically I’m trying to convince myself the retro black costume version would be a good enough substitute but deep down I know that’s not the case 🙂

I really want that Storm but I have to say, the custom job by Rafaelcustoms and this one (not sure who made it) look better than what Legends is about to do. Just sayin'. I still want that two-pack.

As far as dreading the hunt, I'm right with you. The GI Joe has been a parade of incompetence, just as was the Red Hulk, and yet there are those who will wag their finger saying its not Hasbro's fault, they cant do anything, blah blah. These little target release dates so far are meaningless; they could just as toss darts at a calendar and just shout out a number. The posts on here so far just echo what we all fear. The release date for GI Joe came and went and not one of those figures has been available thru Target's online site nor sold at any store in my area. The bottom line is that collecting shouldn't be this hard or make us think its futile. I sure hope we all have success.

stm.jpg

On 9/10/2020 at 12:38 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

according to Stocktrack, this isn't available anywhere in my jurisdiction, so whomever found these must not have been in Ontario, I'm actually curious as to what province these figures were located, because that information has not been divulged by any source

Kanata - 4

Kitchener - 1

Orleans - 7

Stoney Creek - 4

Windsor - 6

Winston Churchill - 1

Only QC and ON have this figure in stock right now. The Toys R Us distribution centre is located in ON so all the stores in ON and QC get everything first. Most other big Toys R Us like in Alberta have 2 boxes in transit at the moment.