Marvel Legends Army Builder Hellfire Club Goon Revealed?!?

JayC

We kinda figured it was coming, but looks like Hasbro is going to be giving us the Marvel Legends 6" Hellfire Club Goon in the form of one of their army builder figures that cost $15 and ship in a mailer box. Harry found this one at Forbidden Planet in the UK, but here in the US it should be released as a HasbroPulse exclusive. Thanks to Ruben for the heads up.

Hellfire-Club-Goon.jpg

That’s amazing for the price point, especially it being technically new figure unlike previous  re releases of army builders.  Hellfire goons are easily my favorite design for any marvel henchmen, colors and mask really make it unique. Would it be better  on different body like Bullseye? Sure, but for what it is Bucky cap is still decent mold to this day and I understand cost cutting. We waited like 13 years since Toybiz first showed their prototype hellfire goons? Seems crazy. Just glad to see it finally being released.  

A cheap and easy way to make a figure a lot of people wanted, not having to take up space in a wave where most people would not be able to purchase multiples and charge $15 bucks to help fund future projects? Don't see any downside here, save for the typical "Bucky Cap mold, again...." outcry. Sign me up yesterday.

8 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

That’s amazing for the price point, especially it being technically new figure unlike previous  re releases of army builders.  Hellfire goons are easily my favorite design for any marvel henchmen, colors and mask really make it unique. Would it be better  on different body like Bullseye? Sure, but for what it is Bucky cap is still decent mold to this day and I understand cost cutting. We waited like 13 years since Toybiz first showed their prototype hellfire goons? Seems crazy. Just glad to see it finally being released.  

The thing i don't like about the Bucky mold is the ankles can get loose hella(fire club) quick...

In a number of posts for quite some time now, I see fairly negative opinions on the "buckycap" mold and I don't really get it. That Hyperion buck and the female buck? Yeah those need to be retired, no doubt (actually they could keep the female buck for teens and characters who tend to the more slimmer builds). Is it that its over-used, or boring, or what?

10 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

In a number of posts for quite some time now, I see fairly negative opinions on the "buckycap" mold and I don't really get it. That Hyperion buck and the female buck? Yeah those need to be retired, no doubt (actually they could keep the female buck for teens and characters who tend to the more slimmer builds). Is it that its over-used, or boring, or what?

I actually passed on armored Daredevil because he wasn't on that mold and is smaller than the other DD figures that have been released, but it does need to be retired, it's like the Pizza Spidey mold, they used it so much it's starting to fall apart, that's why later figures that utilize that body are all wobbly and loose, which is why we got the ratchet in the ab crunch on some of the figures.

59 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

49 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I actually passed on armored Daredevil because he wasn't on that mold and is smaller than the other DD figures that have been released, but it does need to be retired, it's like the Pizza Spidey mold, they used it so much it's starting to fall apart, that's why later figures that utilize that body are all wobbly and loose, which is why we got the ratchet in the ab crunch on some of the figures.

Basically it is suffering from mold-degeneration.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Bucky cap was one of their best molds and still is really good by sculpting and proportions standards. 

I've just notice functionality flaws as they keep using it. Ab crunches get stuck sometimes,  ankles are getting loose faster. 

The mold is ten years old now at this point, it definitely needs to either be retired or they needs to make a new mold for the bucky cap.

16 minutes ago, mako said:

Not much interest here, for pretty much the same reason I lost interest in the Hellfire set. It's just to much "X." The AoA series, the Strong Guy series, EVERY exclusive except IM 2020, it's just to much.

It still amazes me there was a time when people wondered if Hasbro would ever do X-Characters.

Guess they are making up for loss time, I would also guess X-Men right now are probably their hottest non MCU selling figures.

8 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

So you can't get these unless you fork over 50 clams! 

Yea, i'm glad i got it in on the pulse when it was free. It does have a good amount of exclusive tho. I saved a ton of money on Hydra/Aim army builders, plus when then send me coupons i can usually make some nice things happen. 

2 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Havent noticed this on my figures except for Eel. The whole abdomen/torso/waist fell apart. No breakage, just went to pieces. Good to know though.

Oh another random leak, man this pandemic has really made the releases of things super wonky, things popping up at retail before the company can even say it's officially coming or even show us a picture, either way looks fine, looks exactly like what I thought it would look like, I'll get 1