Marvel Legends Army Builder Hellfire Club Goon Revealed?!?

JayC

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Bucky cap was one of their best molds and still is really good by sculpting and proportions standards. 

I've just notice functionality flaws as they keep using it. Ab crunches get stuck sometimes,  ankles are getting loose faster. 

The mold is ten years old now at this point, it definitely needs to either be retired or they needs to make a new mold for the bucky cap.

Noted. I love it on Daredevil; if I were to improve it I'd try to add some butterfly motion. It functions really well on Sunfire and I like that buck for a new Iron Fist, but not sure if they can mold his collar and dragon brand on the torso if it has that butterfly articulation. Cool.

7 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Noted. I love it on Daredevil; if I were to improve it I'd try to add some butterfly motion. It functions really well on Sunfire and I like that buck for a new Iron Fist, but not sure if they can mold his collar and dragon brand on the torso if it has that butterfly articulation. Cool.

I am hoping they do away with the bucky cap and give us a new mold in it's place. As far as i am concerned every figure should have butterfly joint. Hyperion Mold need to be Boycotted. 

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Thanks for the heads up. Wonder if this is happening to my Toy Biz figures....I just have them stored because frankly Hasbro has rendered them obsolete...

Exactly this. The list of Toy Biz figures that can pass next to what Hasbro has done is near or at exactly zero. Part of me thinks I should sell off my old Toy Biz collection, but I guess I’ve held onto them for equal parts nostalgia and for the effort put in to get them.

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Looks nice.Might pick up at least one

You can’t get just one.. that defeats the purpose of an army builder. 😂 

if we all stop at one then no more army builders!!

i know Hellfire Club goons were tough but are they army of one tough? 

14 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Totally concur. SMH when I hear someone say, "oh cool, I'll get 1 or 2". Totally defeats the "Army builder" concept. Hasbro sees that & they'll figure, "why even bother making em".

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the newly revealed Hasbro Marvel Legends 6" Army Builder Hellfire Club Goon figure which here in the United States will be released as a HasbroPulse exclusive for $14.99. The figure is currently hitting stores in the UK. No word yet on when the figure will be available here in the US.

Check out images for the figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Hellfire-Club-Goon-01.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-02.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-03.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-04.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-05.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-06.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-07.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-08.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-09.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-10.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-11.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-12.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-13.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-14.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-15.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-16.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-17.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-18.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-19.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-20.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-21.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-22.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-23.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-24.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-25.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-26.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-27.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-28.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-29.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-30.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-31.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-32.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-33.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-34.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-35.jpg

Hellfire-Club-Goon-36.jpg

11 minutes ago, JayC said:

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the newly revealed Hasbro Marvel Legends 6" Army Builder Hellfire Club Goon figure which here in the United States will be released as a HasbroPulse exclusive for $14.99. The figure is currently hitting stores in the UK. No word yet on when the figure will be available here in the US.

Check out images for the figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Wow that was fast... nice pic.. if I weren’t already sold on this guy this review would have been the deciding factor..

love this concept, will be getting at least 6. I love how small his feet are!! Totally makes this figure for me 😉

on a serious note, not the most familiar with Hellfire Club soldiers.. are their female HC soldiers in Marvel canon? Just wondering if that will ever be a thing. I could limit my purchase to 3 of each..

18 minutes ago, JayC said:

Nice.  He's pretty much exactly what I would have hoped for.  I know folks are getting sick of the Bucky Cap body, but I'm fine with it.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

This probably destroys the idea of the very basic price, but what would you all think of them selling these in bags of 3 with a $30.00-40.00 price tag? I really think "army builders" should have more than one.

I laughed the first time I saw someone complain about this using the Bucky Cap mold and not a new mold. I mean seriously. A new sculpt for a generic goon? It's supposed to be cheap in price to build an army, so they used a cheap mold to make it.

That being said, yes I will only get one just to add to my collection. don't really display more the on of a figure.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

This probably destroys the idea of the very basic price, but what would you all think of them selling these in bags of 3 with a $30.00-40.00 price tag? I really think "army builders" should have more than one.

That is actually brilliant.. for these army we don’t need a ton of extras, just a familiar Marvel goon. A three pack would fill my needs nicely..

4 hours ago, Reno said:

I like it and would like to have a couple but I'm not paying an additional $50 to sign up for Hasbro Pulse Premium to buy them.

You only need to pay $50 to get a premium membership, for free shipping, etc. you can still buy these without paying for an account. You'll just be paying shipping too.

36 minutes ago, Benn said:

You only need to pay $50 to get a premium membership, for free shipping, etc. you can still buy these without paying for an account. You'll just be paying shipping too.

Oh, my bad. For some reason I thought when they released the HYDRA and AIM army builders on Pulse that you had to be a premium member to even order them, or at least when they were first made available. I assumed that these were going to be the same way, only available to premium members (again, at least at first).

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Exactly this. The list of Toy Biz figures that can pass next to what Hasbro has done is near or at exactly zero. Part of me thinks I should sell off my old Toy Biz collection, but I guess I’ve held onto them for equal parts nostalgia and for the effort put in to get them.

Wow, I must be the exception. I still mostly prefer the Toy Biz stuff due to better articulation and better quality of plastic. In fairness, I think that I made the original decision to stick with my old Toy Biz stuff and avoid Hasbro during those first couple of years that Hasbro took over, and have just stubbornly never changed that stance. Hasbro has obviously seriously upped their game since that time however, especially in the past 2 years. Some of the figures from that early Hasbro period are really bad, though. However I also recognize now that many of those Toy Biz figures I used to love are over-articulated and look clunky - but that's what originally drew me to this line in the beginning nearly 2 decades ago. However, I make a point to only keep one version of a character so anything that ToyBiz made I've kept and passed on Hasbro versions. I have one version of every character that has been made by ToyBiz/Hasbro collectively in the 6" scale, even outside of the actual Legends line. I'll continue to buy any new previously unmade characters that Hasbro puts out, but for the repeats I'll stick with my originals. Personal preference I guess. Even though there are extreme examples like Scarlet Witch that make me second guess that sometimes!! 🙂

You mean Scarlet Mitch. And sorry, you're seriously missing out by sticking to those outdated & inferior TB versions. How you can look at comp pics of SCIM & WM next to their TB versions & still prefer to keep those Gorilla armed lanky versions is beyond me.  I can count on 1 hand how many TB versions have stood the test of time & can actually be merged with today's ML line

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

You mean Scarlet Mitch. And sorry, you're seriously missing out by sticking to those outdated & inferior TB versions. How you can look at comp pics of SCIM & WM next to their TB versions & still prefer to keep those Gorilla armed lanky versions is beyond me.  I can count on 1 hand how many TB versions have stood the test of time & can actually be merged with today's ML line

Yeah, I get it - it was just the TB articulation that originally pulled me in and I was pi$$sed when Hasbro got the line and stripped out most of the articulation. I may tend to be more open-minded going forward. I think that I was just so Anti-Hasbro after the initial switch that I've had a hard time kicking it. It's similar to the switch from Mattel to McFarlane for DC now - I hate it and it will probably be hard for me to change my mind if/when McFarlane ever ups their game at some point. It was figures like the original Emma Frost (for example) that turned me off so hard on Hasbro. I'm very grateful for a lot of the figures they've put out recently and think they're fantastic.

I've even doubled down on ToyBiz when I've had chances to move on. When I've had a ToyBiz figure break, I've always hunted down one of those again as a replacement rather than going for the cheaper, more widely available option from Hasbro. That's happened 5 times: X-Men Classics Colossus and Iceman and ToyBiz ML Nightcrawler, Pyro and Spider-Woman. I've always replaced them with the exact same ToyBiz version. The only Hasbro figure that I've had break that I can recall was the Holocaust/Nemesis BAF and I just bought a replacement BAF part.

I've even held on to some of the old really crappy stuff that TB did when they were first experimenting with the 6" scale before even the Classics lines... stuff like Frankie Ray Supernova and Pip the Troll from a Silver Surfer line, Blade movie figures of Deacon Frost and Abraham Whistler, Symbiotes Riot Hybrid Phage etc., Mecha Hulk with Gremlin from the Hulk Classics line, even a Hulk dog from that first terrible Hulk movie with Eric Bana, and of course the old Sugar Man and Dark Beast figures (which I have recently replaced with the Hasbro versions).

So yeah, I continue to stick with that old Toy Biz S8 "Modern" Iron Man and the Galactus BAF series War Machine. I probably won't ever get rid of those... but maybe I'll allow myself to keep a Hasbro version of each going forward also.... 🙂 

I hope you make a full switch to the post 2014 ML Hasbro waves. FYI, for every Hasbro ML figure that they redo from the TB line, it knocks the price down on any TB figs that were expensive such as the old Doc Ock or Green Goblin & a couple of others that had gone up in the secondary market.  The only TB fig that may never go down in price is the awesome Wave 10 Sentinel BAF. That thing goes for an avg of $175-$200 per .

13 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

First thought was to purchase 5 as an army build. What do peeps think is a good number to buy to look good as an army build in a display?

I agree with @Gigantor.. you need 6 for an “army” , otherwise you just have a gang or a gaggle..

seriously, when I grabbed two of the AIM or Hydra 2 packs, my thought was that technically I’ve only got two AIM/ Hydra guys as the other figures in the packs we original creations by Hasbro to change it up. So I ended up buying a 3rd set of each.. I use the odd ball AIM/ Hydra guys just like the accurate ones better.

anyway, so I settled on 6.. that’s what I feel is an “army” of goons