Marvel Legends Army Builder Hellfire Club Goon Revealed?!?

JayC

On 9/10/2020 at 7:28 PM, Reno said:

Wow, I must be the exception. I still mostly prefer the Toy Biz stuff due to better articulation and better quality of plastic. In fairness, I think that I made the original decision to stick with my old Toy Biz stuff and avoid Hasbro during those first couple of years that Hasbro took over, and have just stubbornly never changed that stance. Hasbro has obviously seriously upped their game since that time however, especially in the past 2 years. Some of the figures from that early Hasbro period are really bad, though. However I also recognize now that many of those Toy Biz figures I used to love are over-articulated and look clunky - but that's what originally drew me to this line in the beginning nearly 2 decades ago. However, I make a point to only keep one version of a character so anything that ToyBiz made I've kept and passed on Hasbro versions. I have one version of every character that has been made by ToyBiz/Hasbro collectively in the 6" scale, even outside of the actual Legends line. I'll continue to buy any new previously unmade characters that Hasbro puts out, but for the repeats I'll stick with my originals. Personal preference I guess. Even though there are extreme examples like Scarlet Witch that make me second guess that sometimes!! đŸ™‚

Uh... errmmm

Just joking Reno.. I get it, those Toy Biz figs still hold their charm. As I said, I haven’t been able to get rid of mine for nostalgic reasons..

And I totally agree about Hasbro’s early efforts.. but man are they killing it now

59 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Are you a Hasbro employee trying to squeeze one more figure purchase out of me? Lol Good to know about the squad number, may buy 6 figures instead of 5 for that reason.

Nope, but I was an infantry Jarhead for 8yrs & was a squad leader for the last 5 of them.

Semper fi 2/8

10 hours ago, McHogan said:

You can’t get just one.. that defeats the purpose of an army builder. đŸ˜‚Â 

if we all stop at one then no more army builders!!

i know Hellfire Club goons were tough but are they army of one tough? 

I'm not keen on getting the same figure, especially with limited budget and space. That's my I loved the Hydra two pack, I had one already but I could make the second basic soldier different.

9 hours ago, McHogan said:

Wow that was fast... nice pic.. if I weren’t already sold on this guy this review would have been the deciding factor..

love this concept, will be getting at least 6. I love how small his feet are!! Totally makes this figure for me đŸ˜‰

on a serious note, not the most familiar with Hellfire Club soldiers.. are their female HC soldiers in Marvel canon? Just wondering if that will ever be a thing. I could limit my purchase to 3 of each..

Yes there are female Hellfire soldiers, which is why I wish they had done a two pack

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Thanks for the heads up. Wonder if this is happening to my Toy Biz figures....I just have them stored because frankly Hasbro has rendered them obsolete...

No mold-degeneration affects the mold and the toys itself, not ones you have bought years ago. Basically the more a mold is used to make a toy, the more it degrades and when that happens the toys produced from that mold become of a weaker standard, which leads to things like looser joints out of the box,etc

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

I'm not keen on getting the same figure, especially with limited budget and space. That's my I loved the Hydra two pack, I had one already but I could make the second basic soldier different.

The thing is, Army builders are not supposed to look different from one another.  Same concept for sports teams, all wear the same uniform to look as one. Only thing I was hoping they'd do was use the Pizza Spidey & Sunfire bucks & sell em as a 2 pack to offer different builds & the much needed butterfly articulation.

6 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

What's inside is what's on the cover. Other 3 Army builder covers are proof of that.

I personally am glad I didn't have to buy a bunch of standard releases to build my Doombot army. Some people wanted Hellfire goons, I find Doombots to be a little more imposing, exciting and intriguing than Hellfire goons. Plus now i can use the parts to make Knights. 

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

The thing is, Army builders are not supposed to look different from one another.  Same concept for sports teams, all wear the same uniform to look as one. Only thing I was hoping they'd do was use the Pizza Spidey & Sunfire bucks & sell em as a 2 pack to offer different builds & the much needed butterfly articulation.

I am well aware of the concept of the army builder. I just like my troops to be a bit different. 

7 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I am well aware of the concept of the army builder. I just like my troops to be a bit different. 

The hydra two pack was nice cause there was some interchangeability to the character. The base was the same but you could switch out the harness, vest or vest-less.

Would have been nice to see that with the hellfire goons.

The New Hellfire Club – Comicnewbies

Update on this one - Forbidden Planet (the UK retailer where this was found) have pulled the figure from their shelves until a (tbd) embargo date. It seems the cases weren't date stamped so just went out when they'd been delivered, so sounds like the issue was on Hasbro's end. A number sold yesterday from various stores, so there are a few in the wild already. I would imagine the embargo date ties in with virtual HasCon - so either 25th or 26th.

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

The hydra two pack was nice cause there was some interchangeability to the character. The base was the same but you could switch out the harness, vest or vest-less.

2 in front look like kids, no thanks. Ones in the truck are my preference for HFC guards. Uniformity is the key concept of Army building, not differences. Bit of hgt & build difference yeAh, but not costume color difference.

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Yeah, that was what I liked about that set, I could customise them a bit so I didn't have two of the same figure (unless I wanted to, which I didn't)

13 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

2 in front look like kids, no thanks. Ones in the truck are my preference for HFC guards. Uniformity is the key concept of Army building, not differences. Bit of hgt & build difference yeAh, but not costume color difference.

Not sure what story it comes from, but I wouldn't be surprised if the three in the different colours are those Hellfire brats, Jason Aaron created and if that's the case, it makes sense for them to have different colours as they were the Inner Circle