Marvel Legends X-Men Rogue & Pyro 2-Pack Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new X-Men 20th Anniversary Marvel Legends Rogue & Pyro 2-pack from Hasbro. You can purchase this set from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for thise set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-01.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-02.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-03.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-04.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-05.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-06.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-07.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-08.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-09.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-10.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-11.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-12.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-13.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-15.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-16.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-17.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-18.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-19.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-20.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-21.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-22.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-23.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-24.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-25.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-26.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-27.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-28.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-29.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-30.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-31.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-32.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-33.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-34.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-35.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-36.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-37.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-38.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-39.JPG

Pyro-Rogue-2-Pack-40.JPG

I really do like both figures, especially Rogue's angry head, but question is if I do need them, and at this point I would rather wait for some sort of sale. Also looking at Rogue's legs made me think that maybe Hasbro is planing to reuse her pinless legs for eventual rerelease of Jim Lee Era Rogue, style wise it's close enough it's also thick enough to work on Moonstone upper body, maybe that's why legs popped off so easily in review because it's meant to be used for other body as well, I'm likely to be wrong but it's fun to speculate. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 10.11.32 PM.png

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 10:15 AM, SpiderS said:

I really do like both figures, especially Rogue's angry head, but question is if I do need them, and at this point I would rather wait for some sort of sale. Also looking at Rogue's legs made me think that maybe Hasbro is planing to reuse her pinless legs for eventual rerelease of Jim Lee Era Rogue, style wise it's close enough it's also thick enough to work on Moonstone upper body, maybe that's why legs popped off so easily in review because it's meant to be used for other body as well, I'm likely to be wrong but it's fun to speculate. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 10.11.32 PM.png

I so love that Rogue figure. Good choice of yellow and almost metallic green. Robust , full body that looks like the comics. The new version isn't bad either...arms are a little small in proportion to the legs but  its workable.

Not to degrade the custom effects done by @Gigantor. It's some great work, and it looks good, but I have a problem with the kind of effects that should have been included.

The complaint about the effects is a valid one, but what is being mostly suggested as effects that should have been included (namely, the flamethrower effect) is not actually indicative of his powers. Pyro is not a flame thrower, nor were his tubes and backpack meant to be used offensively as flamethrowers. Many artists have drawn him as such, but it's just incorrect. It's basically a waste of his powers, cuz he could just use the flamethrower offensively without the need for powers.

He is a fire manipulator. He actually only needs the tanks and hoses to create the smallest of flames to start with and oxygen, then he can make the flame any size and shape that he wants, even away from his body. He's been shown to make fire rings, walls and domes around himself and others for protection. He's made cyclones and other constructs like giant Firebirds, dragons and other animals, almost like a fire version of Green Lantern. If anything, what should have been included was those kind of effects, with maybe a small starter flame to be plugged into the end of the hose.

Just a pet peeve of mine.

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Problem with that is, unless it's like a huge fire fist or fire sledge hammer effect, anything else, especially any animal fire effects would be lame imo.  So imo, only flame thrower effects & impact fire effects would look cool. Not an animal image.

I agree, and a flame thrower effect would be more suitable to some fire fists.