Jump to content
EUPHORICVIKING

Worst Toy Buying Experience.

Recommended Posts

Do not shop at Megalopolis. I have been waiting 3 weeks for my "In Stock" stuff to ship... 

I honestly wouldn't mind the wait if they would have answered any 1 of my 3 Emails. I tried using them a couple years back and had a very similar experience.  I thought i could give them another shot. 

No customer service, No communication, Slow to ship.  I'll stick with BBTS, EE or Dorkside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Do not shop at Megalopolis. I have been waiting 3 weeks for my "In Stock" stuff to ship... 

I honestly wouldn't mind the wait if they would have answered any 1 of my 3 Emails. I tried using them a couple years back and had a very similar experience.  I thought i could give them another shot. 

No customer service, No communication, Slow to ship.  I'll stick with BBTS, EE or Dorkside. 

Wow. My dealings with Mgalopolis were usually pretty positive, but that was quite a wile back. I basically stopped using them because between the scalper mark-up, the extravagant shipping fees (In all fairness, unlike Amazon, they didn't go cheap on the shipping supplies), and tax, they just weren't worth my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Do not shop at Megalopolis. I have been waiting 3 weeks for my "In Stock" stuff to ship... 

I honestly wouldn't mind the wait if they would have answered any 1 of my 3 Emails. I tried using them a couple years back and had a very similar experience.  I thought i could give them another shot. 

No customer service, No communication, Slow to ship.  I'll stick with BBTS, EE or Dorkside. 

Yeah, see that right there. So many problems can be avoided if they just follow up and respond. They lost a customer they didn't have to lose. I've stopped funding 2 Kickstarters for that same nonsense. Have way more respect for a company that communicates and owns up to its errors than one that doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Do not shop at Megalopolis. I have been waiting 3 weeks for my "In Stock" stuff to ship... 

I honestly wouldn't mind the wait if they would have answered any 1 of my 3 Emails. I tried using them a couple years back and had a very similar experience.  I thought i could give them another shot. 

No customer service, No communication, Slow to ship.  I'll stick with BBTS, EE or Dorkside. 

That completely sucks. And just like you said, if there was at least good customer service where they answered your emails, it would have gone a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah, see that right there. So many problems can be avoided if they just follow up and respond. They lost a customer they didn't have to lose. I've stopped funding 2 Kickstarters for that same nonsense. Have way more respect for a company that communicates and owns up to its errors than one that doesn't.

I won't even help fund a kick-starter anymore. Cryptid toys took too much money from people and never followed up then never  even made the figures... When they show up on BBTS.com i feel better and will back them there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

That completely sucks. And just like you said, if there was at least good customer service where they answered your emails, it would have gone a long way.

For real, people will stick around for good customer service. BBTS has a great set up with ability to cancel. Sure they may take a week or two to ship and are a litte more expensive. But it's very user friendly.

Dorkside always gets back to me within 48 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's too bad, I have never had a problem with Megalopolis thus far, they seem to have been great, always ship out at a good time, and they respond to my e-mails, It's always weird that people have such different experiences with these retailers, guess the cool people were on vacation for you Euphoric, even when I ordered some stuff right smack in the middle of April with the pandemic at it's heights I still got my package super quick and they even sent me a gift because apparently one of my orders was a bit messed up. I had actually more problems in the past with BBTS last time I ordered from them it took them 5 weeks for them to ship me my stuff, and it showed up in 3, and that was in normal circumstances.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have heard bad things about Megalopolis (mostly along the lines of what people are saying here in terms of lack of response to emails/calls and delays in shipping items that are 'in stock') but haven't ever ordered from them myself so those could just be exceptional cases.

I guess i'm fortunate in that i've never really had bad experiences ordering toys, either from dorkside, entertainment earth, BBTS, the old hasbro toy shop, amazon, or ebay.  Even my target, WG and WM orders have worked out fine. I haven't tried hasbro pulse yet though. 

  Probably helps that i haven't preordered anything in years, seems like a lot of problems people have stem from preordering something and then having the preorder cancelled or just plain unfulfilled.  While not preordering can induce some FOMO, for the most part i've been able to get the figures i wanted but it does seem like companies are having a harder and harder time keeping figures in stock (either in-store or online).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dorkside is my go to, mostly for their customer service. I've never gone more than a few days without a quick response. Their "change order" tab is a little wonky, but something like combining previous orders that haven't been fulfilled yet are only an email away. The one thing I don't like is when some ML waves only have 6 figures in them (such as the Venompool wave) they will only sell the 8 figure case rather than a 6 figure set, thus your only option is to buy 6 single figures which costs more.

Megalopolis is my second. Not as responsive as DS, but I've never had as bad an experience as some on this thread. Guess I must be fortunate. Then again, I never had a problem with my Walgreens exclusive orders being canceled until this year. The best thing about Mego is the rewards points. I pretty much paid for my entire Venompool set.

BBTS is hands down the most expensive option and EE is so up and down that you can never depend on prices and I've actually had them change prices on me before (always up, of course, never down). I know it's just dimes on the dollar, but why pay it if you don't have to? And neither of their customer service isn't good enough to justify using them over the other two.

In the end, if at all possible, I try to buy as many of my figures on Amazon. The prices are usually market, unless they are older ones on the secondary, and the shipping is free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I shopped for Megalopolis was last year when I bought 3 Beasts, Jubilee, Forge, Blink and Gambit from the Caliban wave. First off, it took them 2 tries before I cancelled my order on the Dora Milaje figure, because it kept getting sent back. Then, when I bought those figures, I had placed enough buck for what I thought was enough to qualify for free shipping. Turns out, the required amount to qualify for free shipping was in USD, not CAD. I was genuinely pissed because the site never said anything about that anywhere. I had to add Jubilee figure, which I didn't want, just to try and qualify for free shipping. Luckily, I gave Jubilee and an extra Beast away to a former manager as thank you presents, so there some good in that. But now, their international shipping costs way more. I am never shopping there again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, monron999 said:

Dorkside is my go to, mostly for their customer service. I've never gone more than a few days without a quick response. Their "change order" tab is a little wonky, but something like combining previous orders that haven't been fulfilled yet are only an email away. The one thing I don't like is when some ML waves only have 6 figures in them (such as the Venompool wave) they will only sell the 8 figure case rather than a 6 figure set, thus your only option is to buy 6 single figures which costs more.

Megalopolis is my second. Not as responsive as DS, but I've never had as bad an experience as some on this thread. Guess I must be fortunate. Then again, I never had a problem with my Walgreens exclusive orders being canceled until this year. The best thing about Mego is the rewards points. I pretty much paid for my entire Venompool set.

BBTS is hands down the most expensive option and EE is so up and down that you can never depend on prices and I've actually had them change prices on me before (always up, of course, never down). I know it's just dimes on the dollar, but why pay it if you don't have to? And neither of their customer service isn't good enough to justify using them over the other two.

In the end, if at all possible, I try to buy as many of my figures on Amazon. The prices are usually market, unless they are older ones on the secondary, and the shipping is free.

Dorkside has great customer service, I usually use hasbro pulse because i get free shipping and like to use them over Amazon when possible. For imports I use BBTS because I can pile of loot them. Dorkside  I like to use for their loose figures . there prices have been going up which is why i've been using them less and less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no shipping email confirmation, for items that are "In Stock". 

Megalopolis will no longer be getting any money from me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Still no shipping email confirmation, for items that are "In Stock". 

Megalopolis will no longer be getting any money from me....

Wow really, man that sounds like a huge blunder, you made this post on the 14th of this month and had already been waiting 3 weeks, yeah if anything I'd cancel that order and buy elsewhere, it's looking ridiculous on their part, if they are trying to run a business they seem as if they don't care if they have satisfied customers I couldn't possibly figure what their issue would be. I say get out of this they don't deserve that money from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wow really, man that sounds like a huge blunder, you made this post on the 14th of this month and had already been waiting 3 weeks, yeah if anything I'd cancel that order and buy elsewhere, it's looking ridiculous on their part, if they are trying to run a business they seem as if they don't care if they have satisfied customers I couldn't possibly figure what their issue would be. I say get out of this they don't deserve that money from you.

No way if I were running a business that I would allow this kind of crap. Bottom line its about your NAME. You want your name to be respected and regarded. If nothing else, you dont want your name associated like this. Show some effing pride for cryin out loud. Leaving money on the table.....its just stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to cancel the order and they said they currently are not canceling order and that they will except returned items for a 15% restocking fee... Needless to say I'm not about to get charged extra for something hasn't even been shipped.

I was like what-ever, megalopolis is a shame.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Order placed on August 20th, Still waiting. 

Super unfortunate, I really wanted to back there battletoads project, but after this i don't know how i can.  I hope for collectors sake people stick to BBTS, Dorkside, Hasbropulse, EE and  Amazon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really saved me a headache. A popular toy-reviewer has been hyping them up recently, and I’ve been meaning to check out their site. I won’t bo doing so now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve only ordered a few things from Megalopolis... oddly all non Legends related. 

The last two waves of Mattel’s DC Multiverse line, outside of the weird large heads this line was gaining momentum.. in hindsight wish they kept the DC license instead of McFarlanes 7” out of scale with EVERYTHING line

Boss Fight Studio exclusive .. forget which one now

but I can only speak to my experience, and they had done right by me  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 8:40 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Order placed on August 20th, Still waiting. 

Super unfortunate, I really wanted to back there battletoads project, but after this i don't know how i can.  I hope for collectors sake people stick to BBTS, Dorkside, Hasbropulse, EE and  Amazon. 

Did you ever receive your order?  I'm still waiting for one from September 16.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, egghead221 said:

Did you ever receive your order?  I'm still waiting for one from September 16.

 

Nope, @MCUcollector24 hasn't got his either. I  would normally chalk it up to Covid-19, like I am with HasbroPulse.  

But I had this happen with megalopolis the same exact way  over 4 years ago. They have terrible customer service and terrible policies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was afraid of that; I guess I have at least another month to wait.  Does anyone have any experience with items being unavailable in the end?  I've been passing up on other deals because I already ordered from Megalopolis.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, egghead221 said:

I was afraid of that; I guess I have at least another month to wait.  Does anyone have any experience with items being unavailable in the end?  I've been passing up on other deals because I already ordered from Megalopolis.

 

 

I wouldn't worry about it. But then again I ordered stuff that won't be in stock anywhere else until november. I wrote them a final notice before I go to my bank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I  would normally chalk it up to Covid-19, like I am with HasbroPulse.  

I don't accept Covid as an excuse for people's half-assery. This weekend I was on a chat with Amazon customer support about my missing Retro Kingpin when one of the agents that kept tossing me around pulled that Covid crap.

I asked the guy point blank: "What about all the OTHER times you guys did this to me looong before the pandemic was even a thing?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mako said:

I don't accept Covid as an excuse for people's half-assery. This weekend I was on a chat with Amazon customer support about my missing Retro Kingpin when one of the agents that kept tossing me around pulled that Covid crap.

I asked the guy point blank: "What about all the OTHER times you guys did this to me looong before the pandemic was even a thing?"

 

Hmmm i don't know amazon got me a kingpin with-in 48 hours of ordering. But I live 10 minutes down the road from a fulfilment center and living in Chicagoland has the volume benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE